“Stellar dining”

Otra Vez La Paz
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: 100% Italian Fine Food and Gourmet Pizza cooked in wood fired oven. Extensive menu with Appetizers, Salads, hand made Pasta (fettuccine, ravioli, lasagna etc.), Steaks on the grill, fresh Fish daily and Seafood, Cheese and Desserts.
LaPaz,baja sur, mexico
“Stellar dining”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This restaurant definitely is top shelf! From the service to the well attended and well presented food offerings and lovely ambience...I would say that it is definitely one of the finest restaurants that LaPaz has to offer...
The Italian food and fish dishes are scrumptious and the old mansion that houses this restaurant is absolutely a step back in time!
Well worth a visit....

• Visited March 2014

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
“Best Italian in La Paz”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We tried Otra Vez for the first time with two large families. The personal attention for the owner was great and loved this touch. Service was reasonable, could be much improved (unfortunately too common in la paz), but the food...
We started with the seafood salad which was simple and wonderful, full of flavor. Also the a press salad which was delightful and the Cesar salad was awesome, so flavorful and with hard boiled eggs. So good.
We also had 4 different pizzas and all were very good to excellent. The favorites were the Margarita and Porkys.
For main courses we all shared the Fettuccine Alfredo with shrimp. One of the best I have had in a long time. Also the shrimp was cooked perfectly which is extremely rare to find.
Also tried the lasagne which will go in my top 10 lists of lasagnes. I found the lasagne Amazing, creamy, flavorful, plenty of cheese, salsa, meat and homemade pasta. We all loved it.
Also tried the catch of the day which was Yellowtail cooked citrus style and it was cooked just right and very flavorful with the overpowering flavor being the fish itself which is how it should be with a fresh catch, the rest if the flavors just accented the fish.
Also tried the veal which great and everyone loved. Also the steak with wine and anis sauce. Excellent and cooked as we requested.
For desert we tried the Volcano style cake which was tasty and fresh.
As far as La Paz goes this is my new go to place in la paz. Food was amazing and well worth the visit. If you want great food, or good Italian in la paz this is my top pick.

B.C.
“Real Italian food”
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

The food here is so good. I had the sausage ravioli in butter and sage. I have not had pasta that good since I was last in Italy. Prices were good considering the quality of the ingredients was superb. This is not North American italian, it's the real deal. Does take credit cards, only open 4 months still a decorating work in progress

Visited April 2014
Frisco, Colorado
“pizza and pasta that taste like Italy”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

A month later I still think about that thin crust wood oven pizza. Home made pasta like you would find in Italy yet it is here in La Paz , BCS, Mexico. Embrace the scene, originally I though the space sparse but after some exploration I could see the beauty of the historic house was intently left sparse to allow you to concentrate on some of the best Italian food south of the boarder. The owner spear fishes every day to put fresh fare on the table, I like him, I like his food and I like the caring attitude of the staff. I will go back and so should you.

• Visited March 2014
La Paz, Baja California Sur, Mexico
“Last night I ate in the old Governor's mansion in the able hands of Fabrizio.”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

The beauty of the old restored Mansion is almost intimidating. It must have been good to be the Governor. Stately, and adorned with a winding staircase of Spanish tile to the upper private dinning rooms. Small alcoves for intimate conversation and Puccini coming out from hidden speakers recalled my living in Lucca at one time. The place was deserted. No one, just me and Fabrizio and two smiling boys in starched white shirts, at my command. It took a few moments to settle into the right spot. I chose the better lit bar room where I thought they might be hanging out when things were quiet. Having attained a gentleman's age I don't chow down. I want the style and the presentation and the wonderful flavors, and I like the attention of the chef. I'm just that way. After introductions and greetings we got right down to business. I handed the attentive white clad boy back his menu and requested Fabrizio just feed me. House wine will be fine. And two hours later I had decided it was the best eating experience I have ever had in La Paz since the La Boheme and Milano closed. The best in my five years of living here. Fabrizio, now a good friend, sat at the table with me, the white starched boys there too but standing, working on their English. You must have a desert he said. No I can not. You must, It's on the house. More wine from my own stock Beto my friend. Oh, I can not. But it's on the house. And to end it all he had real Parmisano Regiano. You don't get that anywhere but Parma. If ten starts were available I would give them all to my new friends.

• Visited April 2014