“Where do I start?”
Review of Baja Adventure Co.

Baja Adventure Co.
Ranked #3 of 69 Tours in La Paz
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: BACo offers private, safe and fun marine adven­tures into the incred­i­ble beauty of the Sea of Cortez and the wilder­ness of the South Baja Pacific. Activities include Whaleshark and Sea Lion snorkeling, Whale-watching, Island excursions, Sportfishing and Spearfishing.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Working with BACo was the best decision of the trip by far. They opened our eyes to the world of freediving and spearfishing in two separate excursions. All of us not only had the time of our lives but they truly changed our perception of the ocean.

On one day we worked with Manuel of DeepBaja on freediving. Manuel is a former national freediving record holder and an amazing talent. With him was Frida, a marine biology pHD candidate. We all were able to go far beyond our expectations. Many in our group had no former interest in freediving and now they are passionate about it.

On another day we were met with Luis, our spearfishing guide and instructor. He made us feel safe and put us in the position to create good technique and habit. We were not experts by the end but we now have the skills to practice and get better.

Our guide boat captain was Juan Salvador. He was amazing. He also has a wealth of experience and even himself spent some time in the water helping us.

BACo alone is a reason to come to La Paz.

All reviews
"big tour"
"pay the extra money"
"customized trip"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 8 reviews
in 9 reviews
"skip jack"
"amazing days"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My family of four spent the day on the water yesterday with Jorge and Jose. They were friendly, fun and knowledgeable- the perfect captain and guide we each reeled in a skip jack. My husband had a Marlin on the line and I had a Mahi but we lost both of those. Oh well- so much for dinner I guess! We stopped to enjoy a pos of pilot whales swimming and fishing right next to our boat. A great day on the water! We are looking forward to spending today with them touring Isla Spiritual Sanctu.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

despite the weather turning its back on us, the personalized attention provided by Patrick was extraordinary. We found and dove clear, warm water spots, while some other locations were a little bit murky. We speared Tuna, Wahoo and AmberJack, it wasnt easy but it was really fun and I'm writing this review as I enjoy freshly prepared sushi with our catch. I highly recommend this company (I've been coming for 8 years straight) and this guys never disappoint, if anything, every time I come back I see their business is growing and their service is totally professional.

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

Patrick and his crew at BACo are fantastic. This was my second trip with him and won’t be my last. I honestly couldn’t ask for more from a guide. Funny, friendly, and inviting! And he’ll do everything he can to ensure he puts you on fish! Thankful for a lifetime pargo!

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

What an amazing day of adventuring around Isla Espiritu Santo. Jorge and Jason hooked it up. We snorkeled with sea lions, explored remote caves and beaches, and even saw an Orca. If you’re looking for a truly custom day out on the water, learning about the Baja’s rich history, these are the guys. One thing that stood out was they made an effort to clean the beaches and water, where possible, picking up other people’s trash along the way. They truly cared about the local environment and that spoke volumes to us, displaying the type of company they were. We’ll be back and won’t hesitate to book with BACO again.