Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa at The Islands of Loreto
Hotel Santa Fe(Loreto)(Great Value!)
US$143
Posada de las Flores Loreto(Loreto)(Great Value!)
US$152
TripAdvisor
Priceline
TripAdvisor
1,285 results
All reviewswild loretohiking trailsgolf coursedanzante restauranttime sharepaddle boardingbeach barone bedroom suitefree shuttledanzante tourstimeshare presentationfishvilla groupactivities staffall inclusive plansnorkeling tourwet area
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Knowing the resort was not completely finished, we wanted to find out just how things were "in the beginning". Even being met at the airport, when we didn't know for sure if that was going to happen, made us feel that the staff knew we were coming and from that time on were there only to make it a great vacation for us, and be available at all times.
Exceptional is the best way we will describe the staff, the accomodations,the food, the spa,(just opened) the beauty of nature all around.
New Years Eve was a fun time with a great dinner and a show by staff members we had already come to know by name after two days at the resort.
At present this is a resort to relax and be pampered. Occupancy is still low, so each person is made to feel special. Pools were not crowded, hot tubs not over loaded, restaurants not rushing you out. Stay for the firey production of Mexican coffee.
A trip to downtown is good just to see the area. There too, there is no pressure, not a lot of noise and places to sit on the Malecon just to watch the ocean.
We liked the areas specified to keep natural and protect the natural habitation.
The firepits on the beach are a great touch.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
9  Thank Emaytag
Reviewed 7 January 2012

My Wife & I were welcomed into the resort by Miguel, one of the daytime Managers. Miguel introduced us to a local custom involving warm water on your hands followed by a warm towel to relieve the stress of travel and welcome you into a peaceful place. We were asked to fill out a questionnaire detailing any special needs and desired activities during our stay. From the moment we we arrived we were cared for and attended to in a way that made us feel special. The staff would go out of their way to ask us how we were doing and if anything needed attention in any way. As a matter of fact, we mentioned that my Wife's pillow was too big and that she could use a thinner pillow and that it would be nice to have a small side table on our balcony to Bryan from activities while out hiking. When we returned to our room an hour later the room had 2 down pillows which were perfect and a small side table on the balcony...

My Wife and I are Gluten intolerant and my Wife additionally has sensitivities to cheese and molds. The kitchen modified meals to accommodate our food sensitivities! The waiters worked with the kitchen to offer options to what we could not have and substitute it with what we could have. We preferred the Casa Mia restaurant over The Market for both the casual atmosphere and the menu pricing. That said, the chicken mole, poblano pepper soup and panna catta chocolate mousse at The Market was exceptional as was the authentic traditional dancing and costumes at the dinner show. A bonus was that we ate at The Market on our 4th night and knew 4 out of 5 of the entertainers by name already from doing prior activities like hiking and karaoke.

There are currently two hiking trails defined. One with interpretive signs and displays which took us an hour taking our time and having Bryan explain about the local flora and fauna. The other hike is defined, but does not yet have interpretive displays and took us two hours, mostly due to picture taking and looking for whales, etc. Great job Bryan! There is a daily paper delivered that has current world news, US and global, sports, a Sudoku, crossword and daily activity update including dinner show, karaoke, cooking lessons and more...

We got invited to go with the staff to the adjacent town of Ligui on Jan 6 to give the local children toys and candy for The 3 Kings celebration. The hotel entertainment staff dressed up as the 3 Kings and they really made a lot of local children happy. At one point during the piñata portion the kids were getting close to the active piñata hitting child and the General Manager, Sixto stepped in to make sure no kids got hurt... from introducing himself to us at the pool to asking if there was anything we needed to inviting us to the 3 Kings event, Sixto the General Manager of the resort made us feel like special family.

We celebrated my 50th birthday while at the resort. It was on the questionnaire that we had filled out on arrival. When we came back to our room on my birthday the bed had Happy 50th birthday written in blue aquarium pebbles on the bedspread with two clamshells with white and dark chocolate truffles and several balloons around the pillows. Really nice surprise!

I really can't say what could have been better on this trip. A wonderful experience. No stress. No vendors. We did do a timeshare presentation, but it was super low key and we were done in 90 minutes. I am looking at my list of special people to thank and I have 17 people! So, the extra exceptional standouts are Bryan in activities, Alejandro, David and Augustino at the Casa Mia bar, Jorge and Cesar waiters, Lucia and Doobies at karaoke. Managers Daniel from Casa Mia, Ler and Miguel from the lobby. Special thanks to Sixto for making this resort feel like home to regular people like us, muchos gracias!

This is a relaxing, stress free time. Very romantic, yet family oriented.

We will be back!

Room Tip: Ask if an upgrade is available. We were able to upgrade.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Ccoastguy
Reviewed 3 January 2012

I agree with the rest of the reviews that it was a little eerie being in a resort with less than 50 guests. Not sure if it is a soft opening still or just too under construction for most folks. However we have never been to a resort with such a stellar staff and luxury. The rooms were so well appointed, from the high end appliances, washer and dryer, and plush linens, to the ocean and mountain views, we were impressed. My daughter, being the only child there, was treated like a princess. She turned 6 there and not only did they help her make a lady bug pinata, they filled it with candy and had a party for her, also filled our room with balloons. Wow! Victoria is the best, my daughter actually sobbed as we left her. Bryan, Carlos in activities were so great as well. We spent a lot of time at Wild Loreto down the beach, clamming, and just hanging. The downside of the resort was: lack of guests (a little too mellow) and the weather. (no fault of theirs) It was cold. Cannot wait to go back in the fall or spring. Also I recommend renting a car, their shuttle runs only 4 times a day and comes back early from Loreto (when bar scene just starts happening)Also this way you can take advantage of area hiking trails and fishing on your own. Bring your own coffee as the espresso machine was never running and the drip was pretty mediocre (the coffee snob in me) Thank you Villa Palmar I hope you give lots of love to your staff, they are gems!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank spiccolo
Reviewed 5 December 2011

Liked: beautiful views of islands and mountains, quiet surroundings, lovely room accommodations, very attentive/caring staff, great beach for sunbathing and walking to nearby caves and small fishing community nearby.
Downside: Food was good, but very overpriced. It is worth the trip into Loreto town for great food at very reasonable prices.
Overall, this is one of Villa's best. The fact it is unfinished and not yet surrounded by all the glitter of its other resorts is a plus for me. The location is remote but well worth it for the quiet, natural surroundings.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank charlieWestcoastUSA
Reviewed 5 December 2011

Well we just got back from spending Thanksgiving week there. If you want a SLOW laid back trip than you will enjoy this place. It is about 45 minutes from town, and currently they only go 3 times per day. The beach was fun to walk on.

All of the staff starting with Sixto, the GM, Issac, Daniel, Omar, Ernesto, Roberto, and Bryan were great. They would always go out of their way to greet you, talk with you and ensure that your stay was good. They would go above and beyond to get whatever we needed.

The room was absolutely stunning, with a great patio, jacuzzi tub, and a very comfortable bed. My wife has a hard time sleeping in hotel beds, but she was actually able to sleep in on this trip, and really relax. You can order food/drinks by the pool. There is a small gym with new equipment to do pretty much anything you need.

I would reccomend taking a panga trip to coronado island, and the mission trip was very interesting. You can arrange all of this from Carlos inside the hotlel lobby.

My only complaint is that it's toooo slow. I don't want the party life, but there were only like 40 people total in the entire place...there were times that we had the entire pool to our selves. It will be more fun when there is more interaction going on there. But that isn't their fault...just my personal preference...I would go back in 5-10 years after it has grown...

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family