“Had a lovely time”
Review of Iguana Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Loreto
Iguana Inn
Ranked #3 of 10 Loreto B&B and Inns
Pacific Grove, California
“Had a lovely time”
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I stayed here a couple nights in Feb. 2013 and had a lovely time. The purpose of my brief trip to Baja was to go whale watching in San Ignancio, and originally only came to Loreto because that is where the airport is. But I ended up having a great time and wish I had had more time. I was traveling alone and stayed in one of the smaller rooms, which was large, clean, comfortable, and had some "American" perks like a mini-fridge, coffee maker, and microwave. I ended up getting some cerial and yogurt at a supermarket and spending each morning in their lovely patio eating my breakfast at the table watching hummingbirds bath in the fountain, which was fantastic! Seriously this hotel should be on all the birding circuits for seeing the hummers in the fountain--they are fantastic! Plus the hosts were very friendly and helpful including helping find me another to share a cab ride to the airport and bought some of my Mexican cash from me when I left. I would totally come back here in a heartbeat!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank CeliaPG

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
University Place, WA
Reviewed 19 April 2013

This was my second visit to the Iguanna Inn and I am enjoying getting to know Julie and Mike the owners and hosts. One couple staying there with their young son have been returning for more than 13 years! We borrowed two of their sturdy and roadworthy bikes to tour Loreto. This is the perfect way to see the attractions up close and personal. I look forward to returning to the Iguanna Inn again and again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank tio_mike_11
Canada
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Stayed before and after our kayak week. Tried to stay once more, but this place is very popular... for many good reasons therefore they had no vacancy. However, they went out of their way to find us a place. As well, they stored our luggage while we were kayaking. Appreciated their helpfulness, the opportunity to chat with other guests about potential adventures, use of the bikes and the clean comfortable bungalows. A nice feel to the place, Mexican charm, convenient location and great hosts. All you need!

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Rosarito Beach, Baja
Reviewed 28 March 2013

We recently stayed at the Iguana Inn. Mike and Julie made arrangements for a panga trip to Coronado Island with Francisco. They even had all the equipment we might need, including snorkeling gear, towels and ice chests. What more could a person ask for?? This day was the high light of our vacation. Thank you again, Mike, Julie and Zoe.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Being the second time that I've stayed at the Iquana Inn, it was surely as what I expected, quiet, clean and quaint. Within the four units, each is warmly decorated and comfortable, like being home. Julie and Mike are great hosts and saw to it that I had everything that I needed.
If there were six stars to be given, I would give seven.
All reviews are exactly what one would need to see sweet Loreto.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Monroe, Oregon
Reviewed 14 March 2013

The Iguana Inn is a great home base in Loreto. The bedroom area, kitchen and bathroom all worked very well. There was plenty of light in each room so seeing was easy. The layout was great. The location, near the center of town is very useful. The hosts provided both help and information that made my stay wonderful.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Mckinleyville
Reviewed 9 March 2013

We stayed at the Iguana Inn several of our nighst in Loreto. The couple who runs the place are very helpful about activities around town and within the Sea of Cortez. They will help with taxis and bus information. There are 4 rooms all remodeled relatively recently. Very clean and comfortable. Some of the rooms have kitchen sinks and all rooms provide a few dishes and coffee maker with a fridge. Great place to meet fellow travelers and possibly hook up for adventures together.

Room Tip: All rooms face the courtyard and all rooms have a private porch. 3 rooms around main courtyard and o...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple