“Snorkeling Trip to Isla de Carmen”

Dolphin Dive Center
Ranked #6 of 22 Tours in Loreto
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My family and I had a wonderful day with Dolphin Dive. The service was terrific and the staff was friendly and helpful. We signed up for a snorkeling trip the with one day's notice and they were more than accomodating. The trip took us on a 5 1/2 hour trip to Isla de Carmen. Along the way, our guide, Oscar, made sure we saw as many things as possible. It included dolphins, manta rays and even a sea lion. Oscar was very knowledgable about the sealife and the history of the area, He was also helpful and extremely attentive. As an example, my daughter was stung by a jellyfish and Oscar applied a vinegar solution to take away the sting and even gave her a wetsuit to wear. The sealife was abundant and we were treated to a wonderful lunch on the insland. I would recomment Dolphin to anyone looking for a daytrip to one of Loreto's beautiful islands.

2  Thank Sam H

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I spent 4 days with DDC and each day was an incredible experience. Rafa was a great host and dive guide and our captain was skilled and helpful. They took care of everything needed for a perfect trip... including delicious lunches made by Rafa's wife Margarita! We had the "bucket list" experience of snorkelling with whale sharks in Loreto Bay... 5 of them and they hung around feeding at the surface with us until we had to leave... and that was before we even reached our dive site. Diving with sea lions is another special experience that I will never forget. Top side highlights (other than the whale sharks!)... dolphins playing in our bow wave, mobula rays, surface interval snorkelling with sea lions, gorgeous scenery and lunch on a white sand deserted beach... wow! Underwater the sea is teeming with life... huge schools of fish, rays, eels, lobster and all sorts of cool little stuff like nudibranchs and ghost crabs. Vis was fairly limited, ranged from 20-60 ft. Water was cool... dives ranged from 23 to 29 C with many thermoclines. I needed a shorty and a hood over my 3 mm full suit but I tend to get cold. I highly recommend this dive shop.

3  Thank Jennifer S
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I was only able to go diving on one day in April 2014 but it was great.
Rafael and the rest of the shop staff were wonderful.We went to Coronado Island for the day and Rafael is very knowledgeable about all of the area and you could tell he loves what he does for a living and he shares this with others.
Our wonderful lunch was made my Rafael's wife which was a real treat.
All the crew on the boat were great,even handling my 40 lb. weightbelt with ease.
I would highly recommend the Dolphin Dive Center to everyone diver or non-diver.
You will be treated very well.
I will certainly be back.
Gracias to all.

1  Thank Lew M
Reviewed 23 May 2014

We recently took our 3 children, ages 16, 19 and 22 to Loreto. We had 4 days of kayaking around the islands in the Bay of Loreto, then 2 days of diving with Dolphin Dive. Rafael and Maria were exceptionally friendly and helpful. The dive shop was professional and we felt that safety was of paramount importance. Our kids hadn't been diving in over a year, so Oskar did a refresher dive with them. He pretty much did the entire open water certification course in one morning! He made sure all their skills were up to par before we could all move to deeper water. He then guided us all on 3 great dives over the next 2 days. He was great at finding the little things that we would never have seen on our own. We were able to enjoy nice long dives as we explored together.
As well, the boat rides to the dive sites were fantastic and eventful; we saw fin whales, a humpback and hundreds of dolphins. Indalessio and Oskar were very relaxed about how long the boat rides were - there was no pressure to get to the site and get the dives done. All in all, we had 2 spectacular days. We will return to Loreto and we will dive again with Dolphin Dive.

1  Thank jcn_10
Reviewed 18 May 2014

A fantastic day we will never forget! Rafa, Abraham, and the captain were awesome. We spent 5 hours out in the Sea of Cortez, having two times of snorkeling, and two scuba dives for others on the boat. What we saw was amazing....a school of over a thousand dolphin, leaping and then frolicking in the wake of the boat; two humpback whales, two or three whale sharks, who follow the rooster fish, and eat their eggs as they are created; All this on the surface as well as hundreds of fish under neath. A perfect day of calm seas, great snacks and sandwiches. We can hardly wait to come back and do it again. Rafael and his staff are awesome!

1  Thank doctormaggie