“New room with spectacular oceanview”
Review of Poco Cielo

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rosarito
Poco Cielo
Ranked #2 of 7 Rosarito B&B and Inns
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“New room with spectacular oceanview”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Poco Cielo bed and breakfast was charming. We anticipated the location to be closer to Rosarito. It's about 20 - 30 minutes south of town. Upon arrival we were greeted with margaritas. They then brought us to our room. It was a new room, called the Western room. It had a breath taking patio with a gorgeous view of the Pacific. There was a fireplace in the room, but we didn't need it as the temperature stayed relatively stable. The food was okay, but plan to wait a bit to be served. All and all a great escape. We appreciated the simpleness of the location. The view alone makes this spot extra special.

Room Tip: Book ahead if you can, to reserve a room with a view. Bring your own toiletries and bottled water.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kathleen J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Ajo, Arizona
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Okey let's try this again! In Mid January I ventured down the Baja coast in search of a refuge from the AZ summer heat. With luck, after searching for a REMAX office, no luck there, I found the Poco Cielo B&B. It being late in the day I decided to have dinner and stay over night. After a delicious meal of Clams steemed in wine and garlic followed by Camerones de Ajo, I met the owner, Cheryl, who is from Southern California. We discussed my quest to find a summer place. The idea was to look at any RVparks and an apartment I had found on line at REMAX. The description I gave led to a search of her computer. It turned out that the rental I had found, was right next door. The down side, there was no kitchen , EAT AT THE RESTAUANT. Additionally the photos of the gorgeous patio really was the patio of the restuarant. The room I stayed in at Poco Cielo, was a beutiful large open room with a spectacular view of the Pacific. The room rate was discounted due to the off season and mid week. The room had a sitting area facing the full wall wondow with a fire place in the corner. The next morning after a delicious American breakfast I was accompanied to two RV parks. A bit pricey though I was assured the rate was negotiable. From there we visited a beautiful garden with cottages. This property is about 4 to 5 acres and approximately 1/2 mile from the beach. There is a small villiage and a small river running to the sea. Gorgeous! a Garden of Eden. I then made up my mind NOT to pull the 5th wheel down. Thank You Cheryl and your staff, see you in June. Terry

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Terry G
Del Mar, California
Reviewed 8 January 2013

We dined at Poco Cielo with a group of six, each of us greeted like old friends & valued patrons. Service is excellent, the scene is charming, with cozy dining inside, and various outdoor seaside patios. The menu is creative, tasty, & beautifully presented. Hospitality abounds here. The flan created by their handsome young chef isn't to be missed! A real must at Km59 marker just off the toll road. This is a fine Mexican restaurant - seek it out & enjoy!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank BKCooper
los angeles
Reviewed 1 January 2013

We recently took a short vacation to Rosarito Mexico and my wife handle the hotel booking at Poco Cielo originally she was quoted a price but when she called to confirm the reservation she was told that they gave her the wrong price and that now the price would go up because it was towards the holidays ,I thought it a was pricey my wife was set on going to this place so she went for it. When we got there this hotel is not in Rosarito but instead is 25 min south of Rosarito in a small community called Alisito and we were not told that they charge a hefty 10 % for using a debit card. The hotel has like 4 units and we were the only ones there the whole time the room had a nice ocean view but be ware of the so called theme rooms I really do not think is worth paying just for a tittle room, the staff was very friendly and the place was ok. The Hotel restaurant and its staff were great but after a few days we decided to try a Hotel next door and it had a nice ocean view for far less money.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank jesus c
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I attended a conference in San Diego last summer and took a couple of vacation days to visit the coast along Baja California. I found Poco Cielo on Tripadvisor and decided to stay there because of the the great restaurant review, and the promise of a "room with a view." In spite of all the negative press about this part of Mexico, I traveled there alone and now wish I had planned to stay longer. I booked the Asian room which looks out over the Pacific and, each night, I slept to the sound of waves crashing on the beach. The food was delicious -- the fish was so fresh! -- beautifully prepared and presented. The staff made me feel at home, and couldn't been more welcoming and helpful. The area is unspoiled, almost untouched by time, with surfers, and kids and dogs playing on the beach. I have been ill this past year and returned home with my health greatly restored.
The only complaint I have is that the hotel did not provide beach gear for the guests. As a long distance traveler, and beach lover, this would havebeen helpful.

Room Tip: My room had a beautiful view as did the one next door, however, many of the others have only a parti...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I was pleasantly surprised. I was not expecting fabulous food in the middle of "nowhere." But my food was well-enough prepared -- an interesting chili relleno and a flan with cream cheese. What was better was the charming setting and the fabulous ocean view, complete with leaping dolphins. Added to that was a charming musician with a sweet voice. We stayed much longer than we expected.

Room Tip: Just mentioning the restaurant.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
San Diego
Reviewed 6 July 2012

When we arrived at Poco Cielo, we were greeted by a friendly young lady in the most gracious manner. We explained that we had come for lunch and she seated us at a table with an incredible ocean view. Unfortunately she was not our waitress. The lady who waited on was not at all friendly. Not the slightest semblance of a smile or anything welcoming. She made us feel a bit uncomfortable. We ordered our food and a beer and a Margarita. The food took close to an hour to arrive (one hamburger and two orders of fajitas). We were one of only two tables with guests in the establishment. The food, while decent was not hot. Our guest told me her Margarita tasted strange. I tasted it and in my eight years of living in Mexico, I've never tasted one with so little flavor or for that matter Tequila. We told our grouchy waitress that we didn't like the Margarita and she said that "the people at the other table liked theirs". She was reluctant to bring a replacement (hardly any had been drunk). The replacement arrived after about ten minutes and was no better than the first and left pretty much untouched.
A lady whom I assumed was the owner came by after our meal and said "looking at your plates, I guess you liked your meal." I related the Margarita incident and she told me that the Margaritas come pre-mixed and that they were only 99 cents. She informed us that she never even tried one. We weren't told that they were 99 cent specials and that they would be watered down. We were looking forward to a good Mexican Margarita whatever the price. Anyway she then started to tell us that the waitress was having a bad day etc, etc.
We were looking for a pleasant dining experience and probably would have been better off going next door to La Fonda. I can't reccomend Poco Cielo for their food or hospitality.
I think "average" is being generous.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank bajapedro
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosarito
Puerto Nuevo Baja Hotel & Villas
#12 of 16 in Rosarito
Las Olas Resort & Spa
Las Olas Resort & Spa
#7 of 16 in Rosarito

Been to Poco Cielo? Share your experiences!