“Small, friendly, themed, hotel with a "to die for" view”
Review of Poco Cielo

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rosarito
Poco Cielo
Ranked #2 of 7 Rosarito B&B and Inns
San Diego, California
“Small, friendly, themed, hotel with a "to die for" view”
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Located n ext door to La Fonda it could be easy to miss this small charming themed hotel. We stayed in the Captain's room which had a fantastic view, its only private balcony, and a patio. The restaurant has two outdoor tables that you can step down to and feel as though you are dining privately right on the edge of a cliff overlooking the ocean. We found our room spacious and clean and we left a slider open during the night so we could hear the ocean! Staff are eager to please. The feta-spinach omelette was the best I have ever had.
If unable to rent a house for a few days, stay here!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MaryLS

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 29 June 2013

This hotel is secluded in a somewhat hard to find location between Rosarito and Ensenada (be aware that the map that appears in the hotel's website is not accurate). I've posted a link at the end of this review with the exact address, just in case you need it.

Each one of the rooms (nine, if I remember correctly) is themed, which is original and odd at the same time. I happened to get the African one and, just in case you were wondering, yes, there was a lot of animal prints in it. It shared a balcony with a gorgeous view, where you could just sit for hours while contemplating the sea. The beach is just a couple of stairs away, and it is a magical place where surfers and dolphins go about their own business. Be advised that water is cold, though!

There happens to be a restaurant in the property and a nearby bar. The food in the restaurant is amazing, but be prepared to wait: it was my impression that the hotel was in dire need of more staff, though don't get me wrong. Everyone, and by that I mean everyone, was extremely friendly and accommodating.

Now, the downs: there happened to be some construction at the time I was there, since a new suite is being built. Though this wasn't a major disturbance, it happened to be right above the African room, so we could seldom hear a bit of noise, which never extended into night hours or early in the morning. I do believe some of the furniture could be renewed (particularly the benches and chairs in the balconies); and the restaurant could improve a bit their waiting times. Other than that, I would go back every single weekend just to get away from the ordinary.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms have ocean view. The best one appears to be the Polynesian, but the African is als...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 21 May 2013

VERY nice location, quiet and tranquil... Cheryl and her staff were AMAZING and treated us like family. The rooms are all very comfortable, clean and make for a nice stay. Our group had the Western/Sea/Moroccan themed rooms, all ocean views with their own balconies. The food was great, close to Puerto Nuevo where you can get AMAZING seafood. The notes in the rooms about the cleaning crew add a special touch and insight to the people caring for you. One request to Cheryl, get a nice big jaccuzzi tub installed, this would make for an A+++ weekend stay ;)
We will be back!!! Gracias a Poco Cielo!!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Poco Cielo bed and breakfast was charming. We anticipated the location to be closer to Rosarito. It's about 20 - 30 minutes south of town. Upon arrival we were greeted with margaritas. They then brought us to our room. It was a new room, called the Western room. It had a breath taking patio with a gorgeous view of the Pacific. There was a fireplace in the room, but we didn't need it as the temperature stayed relatively stable. The food was okay, but plan to wait a bit to be served. All and all a great escape. We appreciated the simpleness of the location. The view alone makes this spot extra special.

Room Tip: Book ahead if you can, to reserve a room with a view. Bring your own toiletries and bottled water.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kathleen J
Ajo, Arizona
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Okey let's try this again! In Mid January I ventured down the Baja coast in search of a refuge from the AZ summer heat. With luck, after searching for a REMAX office, no luck there, I found the Poco Cielo B&B. It being late in the day I decided to have dinner and stay over night. After a delicious meal of Clams steemed in wine and garlic followed by Camerones de Ajo, I met the owner, Cheryl, who is from Southern California. We discussed my quest to find a summer place. The idea was to look at any RVparks and an apartment I had found on line at REMAX. The description I gave led to a search of her computer. It turned out that the rental I had found, was right next door. The down side, there was no kitchen , EAT AT THE RESTAUANT. Additionally the photos of the gorgeous patio really was the patio of the restuarant. The room I stayed in at Poco Cielo, was a beutiful large open room with a spectacular view of the Pacific. The room rate was discounted due to the off season and mid week. The room had a sitting area facing the full wall wondow with a fire place in the corner. The next morning after a delicious American breakfast I was accompanied to two RV parks. A bit pricey though I was assured the rate was negotiable. From there we visited a beautiful garden with cottages. This property is about 4 to 5 acres and approximately 1/2 mile from the beach. There is a small villiage and a small river running to the sea. Gorgeous! a Garden of Eden. I then made up my mind NOT to pull the 5th wheel down. Thank You Cheryl and your staff, see you in June. Terry

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Terry G
Del Mar, California
Reviewed 8 January 2013

We dined at Poco Cielo with a group of six, each of us greeted like old friends & valued patrons. Service is excellent, the scene is charming, with cozy dining inside, and various outdoor seaside patios. The menu is creative, tasty, & beautifully presented. Hospitality abounds here. The flan created by their handsome young chef isn't to be missed! A real must at Km59 marker just off the toll road. This is a fine Mexican restaurant - seek it out & enjoy!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank BKCooper
los angeles
Reviewed 1 January 2013

We recently took a short vacation to Rosarito Mexico and my wife handle the hotel booking at Poco Cielo originally she was quoted a price but when she called to confirm the reservation she was told that they gave her the wrong price and that now the price would go up because it was towards the holidays ,I thought it a was pricey my wife was set on going to this place so she went for it. When we got there this hotel is not in Rosarito but instead is 25 min south of Rosarito in a small community called Alisito and we were not told that they charge a hefty 10 % for using a debit card. The hotel has like 4 units and we were the only ones there the whole time the room had a nice ocean view but be ware of the so called theme rooms I really do not think is worth paying just for a tittle room, the staff was very friendly and the place was ok. The Hotel restaurant and its staff were great but after a few days we decided to try a Hotel next door and it had a nice ocean view for far less money.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank jesus c
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosarito
Puerto Nuevo Baja Hotel & Villas
#12 of 16 in Rosarito
Las Olas Resort & Spa
Las Olas Resort & Spa
#7 of 16 in Rosarito

Been to Poco Cielo? Share your experiences!