“Great place to stay”

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Rosarito
winchester, ca
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

My friends and I go to Los Rocas a few times a year. The location is epic. Right on the ocean and there is great surf all around it. The margaritas are excellent. It is a older hotel the rooms are nice. My stress level goes down to about a one or two from a 8-9 when I arrive. You dont really even need to leave the hotel. They have volley ball, endless pool restaruant and bars. Love this place its amazing. Best months to go are April through October.

Room Tip: We usually try and get the bottom floor junior suites. Great room with no stairs and a balcony to so...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Brandon B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I surprised my boyfriend with this trip for his birthday, mind you I've never been to baja either. The forums on trip advisor were very reassuring though and help from Pstreet1 made planning the trip so much more easier. I think the location of Las Rocas was great! About 10-15mins away from the tourists and main part of Rosarito so it's much more peaceful and secluded if that's what you're looking for. If you plan to stay at Las Rocas or baja in general you need to come in with an open mind. Yes, the resort is a little worn out, but I found it to be charming and cozy. The price you pay for a guaranteed ocean view and spacious rooms can't be beat. I booked a junior suite for only $55/night! Since I planned this last minute, I would suggest booking their packages. They offer one or two night stays that come with a lobster dinner, massage, and wine tour (depending on the package). I also want to note that the staff is very friendly and helpful.

The view was spectacular and just hearing the ocean waves was a treat in itself. The only thing I found wrong in our room was that the shower head wasn't really working that well. It could have been the water pressure, but it wasn't a big deal.

Also, next to the resort is a taquero who made the most amazing carnitas tacos with guacamole. You can walk right over and it's where a liquor store and surf shop is. I think the tacos were only $1 each. We headed over there after we checked in for a quick bite to eat. We also went to La Fonda (about 20mins south of Las Rocas) for dinner and ordered the Lobster Feast which we definitely could have shared. They gave us three lobster tails each. I think next time, we're going to order lobster and another main dish.

My only tip is when leaving baja do not go towards the lanes that say "Sentri/USA". We accidentally followed those signs as it wasn't very clear where to go. We were kind of reprimanded by the border patrol that it's only for vehicles that have been "cleared". Anyway, he gave us a warning, but if we do it again we'll have to pay a $5,000 fine. Then you have to go through the hassle of having boarder patrol inspecting your car and the items in your car. So avoid those lanes at all costs!

Room Tip: Book a junior suite! It's super spacious and probably only a couple bucks more.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DarylFaye
San Diego, California
Reviewed 15 January 2014

I really liked staying here. Great place...not one of those new "high rise" hotels....so a much more pleasant experience. Great rooms, great views, great staff....all amazing. Only negatives...the fireplace chimneys from the rooms below (was on the 4th floor) don't go all the way to the top of the hotel. You may have a chimney that ends at your balcony....so you end up with a very smoky room if those below start a fire and you open your door. If you have breathing issues I would stay on the first floor. I know for some that would be a deal killer. It was not for me. Loved the location, loved the staff and loved the views.

Room Tip: Get rooms in the new tower. Get first floor if you are worried about the chimney that is right outs...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
San Diego, California
Reviewed 20 November 2013

People are afraid to go to mexico due to the news making it seem like madness to go visit with your own car and everything, I went down with me and my girlfriend in my BMW that stands out a little more than the local cars.. anyway not a problem in any city, went to ensenada, la bufadora and rosarito. The sights were amazing i stayed the night at las rocas resort and spa, and they had a great restuaraunt and pool amenities were nice. Do wish we had more time to spend at the beach and surf, the good surf spot is just a football field away.. anyways reply or leave comments if you have any questions let me know.. This place was well worth the money..

Room Tip: I think for 65 dollars a night you get a beach facing balcony in your room no matter what
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TOMSAWYER123
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 20 November 2013

My wife and I went to see the Baja 1000 and due to the event, all hotels in Ensenada were full. I have passed Las Rocas many times in the past on my way down to Ensenada and always wondered if it was good. I have to say that we will be coming back. I reserved a junior suite and when we got there, they upgraded it to a full suite. What a view! The staff was most helpful. There were few people there until Friday evening when people started showing up from California. My wife was most pleased. The food was AWESOME! The shrimp tacos are to die for. If you eat in the restaurant, definitely get those. All of the food we ate there was excellent! My wife already wants to go back, which we will be in the future!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We came here last minute for a family reunion and found the price to be very resonable. Rosarito is a beautiful town and this location is perfect for a mini getaway if you live in SoCal. Our room had an incredible view of the ocean and it was nice and clean. Free wifi! The staff was super friendly. We will defintely be back again!

• Stayed September 2013
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We stayed in the 2 bedroom penthouse and as soon as we check in the room we saw a bag full of trash inside the cabinet! I left it outside and informed front desk that there was a trash in the room when we arrived.. No one took it there to throw it away, also observed bottles and plates from other rooms left outside their room was still there the next day! Poorly managed and maintained. Never had wifi when we call they say after 2 hours however until the following day they never had false promises. The pool had a nice view and the tub in the penthouse/ 2 br suite had a nice view however at night we felt it is haunted. Weird feeling all of us felt the same. Woke up frequently in the middle of the night and had a scary feeling!

• Stayed September 2013
5 Thank Cfrancor

Travellers are raving about these Rosarito hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosarito
Rosarito Beach Hotel
#7 of 16 in Rosarito
Pueblito Inn
Pueblito Inn
#10 of 16 in Rosarito

Been to Las Rocas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!