Las Rocas Resort & Spa
US$79
US$146
US$316
Hotels.com
All reviewsinfinity poolpuerto nuevolobster dinneramerican breakfaststayed in a junior suitegorgeous viewsocean wavesthe cliffrosarito beachpedicurejacuzzimexicobajachimneypalaparockstubs
Reviewed 18 September 2008

Went for a wedding which was beautiful and that was the best part of the "resort". The rooms were overpriced and outdated. I haven't seen a couch like the one in the room since I was in a college dorm. There were not any amenities included in the price. I found the pool was a bit dirty too. I thought I was going to a resort, but I was disappointed. To describe it, it was not a snotty, all-inclusive, immaculately clean place, where all your needs are met. It was a low-key, chill Mexican style place, where you may have to ask a few times to get what you want. For the cost of the room, my expectations were higher.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank cab28
Reviewed 13 August 2008

Our real estate agent suggested this place. What a rip off, it was way over priced, the view was non-existent, but we could hear the ocean, we waited almost an hour for the complimentary fire log, and you only get one, tepid water at best, and the beds were horrible. The TV was in the room, but, of course didn't work. Phone calls were out of this world - checking on our kids in Northern California once a day for a brief conversation cost us $300.00, Staff was nice, but it would be nice if they waited until mid morning to hose down the stairs as they are really slippery and dangerous first thing in the morning.

Front desk was confused most of the time, made promises they were not able to keep, or didn't bother to keep. They were not very informed about things to do, places to go, or how to get to them.

Restaurant was okay, great tortilla soup, but we advise you go for lunch to get it. Would not recommend it at all.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2008

went for a wedding - this seems to be the niche of the property and they do it very well with all the grace and style that Mexico will afford. Everything was orchestrated so well.... WOW!

now to my personal experience. This is the first time I have stayed here and WILL be staying again.

upgraded room after wedding party departed.

first room was... well just a room. bathroom had some issues such as a loose faucet that hadn't been repaired, took a while to get some extra towels, no iron available.. (but resort was at capacity). Upside is that the mattresses were fantastic pillow top super plush and firm. Even though we were in a "basic" room the view of the ocean was still amazing. Rested well with the great bed and sounds of the surf. After relaxing and having my mind arrive in vacation mode the bathroom and towel issues became 2ndary, even a non-issue, and of course I no longer cared about having an iron!.

2nd room and experience with management:

we were upgraded for a very small charge of 20. a night to a full jr. suite. king bed, micro/fridge wonderful balcony ( same view) - room was about 2x's as large! and had a separate sitting area. we told the front desk about the issues with the room and they physically moved us into the suite.

Very romantic dining room - right on the cliff - best place for a sunset meal or a romantic proposal....

Fist this is not a mega resort , it’s a small intimate resort that offers service and magical memories. This is a place to come and wash away stress.

• Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed 24 July 2008

I have been here three times and I always get the experience I want: a relaxing place, with a great spa, hot tubs, views and a good margarita!! Fantastic Views and nice amentities. I love that is it not too fancy and just has a chill environment. It is not snooty and people are there just to relax.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2008

We stayed at Las Rocas in Rosarito for a wedding and I understand why some choose to have a wedding at this resort because the view is outstanding. If one were to have their wedding in LaJolla with the same view, it would probably be 5 times the cost. With that said, the hotel really needs major help because there are some things that make it appealing but the critical reviews are also very warranted; however, you're in Rosarito as well - this is not Cabo or Playa Del Carmen.

The location of the hotel is wonderful but the hotel itself is rather rundown and needs major improvement. We got to the room (room 402) and it is a nice size and has some interesting architectural details and the view of the Pacific can't be beat; it was a pleasure to fall asleep to the ocean waves crashing against the rocks below. However, the room didn't feel "clean" and the bathroom needed major work. The tub was rather neat but it just looked dirty. I undertand it is made with Mexican tile which I have in my home, but I wore my flip flops in the shower just in case.

The grounds are nice, the pool is rather decent but the spa tubs are rather gross. The main spa tub near the pool is surrounded by still dirty water which is probably infested with bacteria. We had lunch at the outside restaurant which was okay, but the windows were dirty, the table didn't seem very clean; it just skeeved us out a bit. We toured the spa which was cute, but again... filthy windows overlooking the Pacific. If the cleaning and maintenance crew went the extra mile, this hotel could be much nicer.

The management does get major kudos for putting on a great wedding. Carlos, the coordinator, is fantastic and very helpful. The food was much better than what they normally serve and we had a great time.

Overall, I would not return to this resort. It wasn't horrible but certainly not great. I don't think I'd go through the trouble crossing the border to visit a 2-star hotel despite the view. At $150 a night, I still think it's rather expensive for what you get. I've stayed in much nicer hotels in San Francisco with a view of the Bay Bridge for less. I'd rather spend the money elsewhere and do it right.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple