“Nice place, a bit run down”

Las Rocas Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Rosarito
Chicago, IL
“Nice place, a bit run down”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

I had a great room for the value as I received an upgrade. Fabulous room accomodations, but the hotel amenities are not as taken care of. Hot tubs are great! Do not expect beach access here. My recommendation is to contact the Mexican Ministry of Tourism as they contract with a booking agency to help you book this for cheaper than any other site. I did not use the spa services here so I cannot speak for those. The best way to get to/from town is the local bus, but this is impossible at night as there are no street lights. A cab costs $15 one way to town. There is a nice restaurant on site. It is removed from the hustle & bustle of downtown Rosarito.

Room Tip: The junior suites are very nice and spacious! There is a TV in the room.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank culture_luvr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Carlsbad, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Incredible views of the ocean and the sound of the waves in your room was wonderful. There were almost 100 of us here for a friend's daughter's wedding. The food was excellent and it was a beautiful wedding. This is a great, affordable place for a destination wedding.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Ken B
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

My sisters and I decided to take a spur of the moment weekend trip not far from our Southern California homes, just a short trip across the border, 45 mins from downtown San Diego. This place is amazing! I'll start with the views. The most peaceful, relaxing views you will ever see. The infinity pool is a game changer. Our room was great. It had a fun little balcony which we sipped our INSANELY good blended pina colada's on, while listening to the waves crashing below. The food was delicious. My sister had their signature fish dish which she LOVED and I had the Mediterranean salad and tortilla soup. We also had the filet and mushroom dish, to die for. We all shared the flan for dessert and there was not one morsel of food left. We were told the hotel is being updated so we are super excited for our return trip. You really can't go wrong with this place.

6 Thank Stephanie A
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

We went to Las Rocas with my family for a few days. We reservd the penthouse to make sure the rooms would be big enough for our family. To our surprise the rooms were big enough for two families! The rooms were very comfortable and clean. Upon checking out, I forgot one of my bags and didn't realize until I got home. I called right away to find out about my bags without high expectations. Alfredo reassured me that my bag was safe and arrangements would be made to ship. I received my bag in tact a few days later which had some valuable items in it! My only regret is not staying longer. Kudos to your staff and houskeehousekeeping for your integrity! Thanks

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank CeciliaCardenas
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

The amentities at the hotel are good, however the building works leaves more to be desired.

A member in my party was brushing their teeth in the bathroom they put their hand on the sink unit and the entire unit came off the wall and landed on top of them. This was due to rust and the nails that were holding the unit to the wall, in my mind this was only a matter of time before this happened.

We called down to the reception desk and explained what had happened. Around 20 minutes later the staff member arrived and could not speak English and went away to get another staff member. They next staff member arrived and came into the room and again we explained what had happened, they said that this could not have been what happened and that we must have been jumping on the sink unit. We asked to speak with the duty manager, we were told that there was no manager available and that we would be able to discuss this with the manager at 9am the next morning. We also asked if we could be moved room, but they had no other rooms available (the hotel was sold out, that we accepted).

In the morning we called down to the recepition to speak with Duty Manager and there was nobody avaliable to meet with us, we made the decision to cut our trip short.

They also charged us for the damage and charged our credit card, different amount they quoted at the time to what they charged.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Scotty B

Travellers are raving about these Rosarito hotels

San Clemente, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

After reading the reviews I was a little bit nervous about staying at Las Rocas, stayed there 10+ years ago and from the reviews seemed like the place was extremely run down since then. When we arrived I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were newly renovated- we stayed in a 2 bedroom suite on the top floor. Nice bar with mini fridge, stove and microwave. Nice seating area with comfy leather couches and flat screen tvs, tile floors. Bathrooms have rainfall showerheads. Super clean. 2 bedroom suite was nice, basically two separate rooms with own keys, one room has the living area-shared entrance way (perfect for two couples). The pool is great, music and multiple Jacuzzis – didn’t order food at the pool but it looked good. Resturate was ok for dinner. Would highly recommend walking to the close by taco bars for lunch k38 fish and shrimp tacos, amazing!

Room Tip: We stayed in the 2 bedroom suite 507 and 508. Corner room, top floor- perfect.
3 Thank triphos
Cardiff-by-the-Sea, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

My family and I stayed here last night on an impromptu visit which happened to be a few days past our 10 year wedding anniversary. This place hold a special place in our lives as we were married here and haven't been back since our wedding weekend. So it pains me to have to speak of this place in such a manner but the truth must be told. It is a dump. Plain and simple. No regular maintenance, upkeep, or anything above a general sweep and vacuum. The piece of glass that is cracked to the left of the ramp as you walk down the center of the two buildings was the same piece that was cracked at our wedding 10 YEARS AGO! No paint touch up, carpet cleaning, outlet repairs, screen repairs. Nothing! We stayed in room 203. The top of the fan has nearly a 1/4" of dirt. The lampshade has a 1" burn through it. Screen has a huge hole in it. Couch is tattered with many shades of yellow and the fur of most street dogs in the area are cleaner. I mean how much does paint cost? Paint the place. It's white for crying out loud. PAINT! We did not bother eating anything so I can't comment on the food but one look of the grounds and you'd be crazy to think they cared about the food. The individual cooks/chefs might so I shouldn't stereotype but the owner certainly does not care about this place. For a $150 suite I'd assume they'd reinvest a little $ back into it. The place was sold out. I'd give a zero rating but I can't. The location is perfect and the atmosphere once you a get a few beers deep is great, plus it's where I got hitched. So I gave a very generous 2 out of 5. Please ownership, clean this place up. Do you realize what you have here? I'd be embarrassed to say I own it. I'm embarrassed to say I spent $150 to stay here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Adam P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosarito
Rosarito Inn
#9 of 16 in Rosarito
Pueblito Inn
Pueblito Inn
#12 of 16 in Rosarito

Been to Las Rocas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!