Las Rocas Resort & Spa
US$87
US$64
US$60
  • Pool
All reviewsinfinity poolpuerto nuevolobster dinneramerican breakfaststayed in a junior suitegorgeous viewsocean wavesthe cliffrosarito beachpedicurejacuzzimexicobajachimneypalaparockstubs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 January 2006

I go to this hotel since it was built........The Vue on the well kept grounds is the best !The spa has some very good masseuses...The food is very good and the crew are all very polite Martin in the restaurant Carla at the front office The spa director......all the crew at breafast.....I cannot remember all their names .The room 211 was repaired whith a new bath...and shower....Sergio called us two weeks ago for appreciation week WE just came back yesterday........for 4 nigths . We will go back in about 3 months or before. {the pools are a little cold} but nothing is perfect.....}As a mather of fact I have send many of my friends to Las Rocas......so A BIENTOT...Edith.and Edward KANE.

Stayed: November 2005
7  Thank Edith K
A TripAdvisor Member
san diego, ca.
Reviewed 7 January 2006

my gf + i just stayed for 2 nights + 3 days....

we are frequent travelers of the BAJA...this place is a gem...
you could get "bajas best package" for two for only $199.00 plus tax...it INCLUDES oceanfront room...2 nights...lobster dinner for 2...a local bottle of wine from LA Cetto winery (which is excellent)....and full breakfast for 2 for 2 mornings....on the 2nd nite I had the lobster, sea bass, and calamari combo....the cooks in the kitchen DO NOT OVERCOOK seafood....which is a rarity...most cooks do...everything was perfect...we spent two nights drinking dos xx beer in the jacuzzis by ourselves and the staff dindt care one bit, like at other resorts where they close the jacuzzis after `10pm or whatever....best breakfast in the Cafe Del Mar in the hotel too......I've cooked in many restaurants my self, but here...even i was IMPRESSED.....you cant beat this place for the money in the Baja for a quick getaway.....its the nicest place from tijuana to ensenada for sure...

MARK, San Diego

• Stayed: January 2006
16  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 November 2005

If you're looking for a 5-star American hotel, Las Rocas isn't it.

However, if you're looking for a place with a clean room and comfortable bed, this is the place. The hotel has a spa, 2 pools (one for kids and the other for adults), 2 Jacuzzis, a basketball court, and sand volleyball. My husband and I were there for a wedding, and stayed at Las Rocas from Wednesday through Saturday. It was quiet (most likely due to the mid-week stay), although I could tell by the way it was getting more crowded on Friday night that it could get noisy. If you want a quiet room, try to ask for a room away from the bar or main pool. The staff was very nice and helpful.

What really impressed me was the Spa! Although the website says they open at 8, they open at 9 am. My sister -in-law and I got to look at all the facilities before the spa opened, and we were impressed. The Spa Director, Antonio, was very accommodating and friendly. The range of treatments there were great - and the some of the products they use (like kelp or strawberries) were from the immediate area, which was nice.

The location was great – only about 5 minutes drive from the heart of Rosarito, and 10 minutes away from Puerto Nuevo (can someone say Lobster!?!?).

I would definitely stay here again – but mid-week in order to avoid the crowds!

• Stayed: November 2005
15  Thank mlambing
A TripAdvisor Member
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 26 October 2005

The one thing I will say about the Los Rocas spa is that even though we pre-paid our entire weekend vacation at the spa, the fact that the management WILLINGLY and QUICKLY (and even politely) refunded our money after we had refused to even put our luggage in our rooms (dirty, DIRTY, DIRTY, stained carpets, stained rugs, dirty pool area, leaking sink and toilet, door didn't lock - are you KIDDING? Dirty EVERYTHING) should be testiment to the fact that even the mangement adknowledges that their hotel has some serious problems.

It's too long to go into the particulars, but PLEASE take it from this traveler who battled a TON of traffic for a relaxing getaway only to turn and drive 3 hours back home because she refused to even put her bags in her room - - that you'd probably have more fun just booking a nice hotel in your hometown and making a getaway of it than staying at the Los Rocas. If you are from out of town don't waste your time or money flying here!

PLEASE believe the bad reviews about this place. I should have listened. It really WAS dirty and run-down. The pool wasn't clean. The bathroom was atrocious. The pool was overrun with all manner of loud people and hardly serene. The whole facility had a very spring-breakish vibe OR the "we're-young-parents-and-this-is-the-only-getaway-we-can-swing-so-let's-bring-the-kids" vibe.

On the upside, the staff was actually nice. I mean, they really didn't try to dispute any of the complaints I had and happily refunded every penny of my prepaid trip. I have to say that at a nicer resort, a manager would easily dispute a traveler's claim of a dirty/roachy room as an aberration (as it should be!) and would take care of it immediately, upgrade your room and make sure that the rest of your trip lived up to the reputation of the hotel. But the fact that the staff of the hotel simply agreed and refunded the money should speak to the fact that even THEY know that the hotel is living up to it's reputation - as a sadly declined property in shambles.

Yes, the views are great. But...don't stay here.

• Stayed: September 2005
27  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 September 2005

Las Rocas is the best resort in northern baja. That does not mean that it is the Ritz- if you want that caliber keep driving or fly to Cabo. As good or better than San Nicolas and Las Rosas (Ensenada) and Calafia. Infinity pool, tide pools, jacuzzi coves, and walking distance to K38. Rooms were clean for Mexico. Wireless internet is available in room. All views are incredible. Get the suites, not the rooms- you'll thank yourself. I wouldn't say it was immaculate but if you realize where you are, it is a great place. Mexico is an old country, like Europe but less rude. If your standards are above Las Rocas- Stay in U.S. or rent a beach house.

• Stayed: September 2005