“Great location and lots of security”

Festival Plaza Hotel
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Rosarito
Reviewed 22 June 2008

I was kind of hesitant to stay at the Festival because of some of the reviews I read but I decided to take my chances. Everything was great. It was a great view, location and atmosphere all together. It's right in the middle of everything. The staff was very helpful and it was very secure. I don't think I've ever felt that safe in a hotel before. The only downside was that there was no airconditioning but who needs to have your windows closed with the A/C on when you can have the ocean breaze in your room. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank evekat

Reviewed 28 April 2008

I stayed at the Festival Hotel for the Rosarito bike ride last week. I didn't realize at the time I entered my hotel room that there was no way to lock the door from the inside, I wish I would have paid more attention. The hotel is a dump and the staff is rude and unhelpful. There is no way to sleep as the music blasts all night long. During the middle of the night, someone came into my room (I was there with another girl for the race) and shaved off my eyebrow. As strange as this sounds, I am telling the truth. Woman should not stay in this hotel. It doesn't matter if there are two or more woman in the room, this hotel is dangerous. I can only assume, the front desk sells off the room keys for men to enter rooms woman are staying in. Please let every woman you know not to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with friends
2  Thank summerOrangeCounty
Reviewed 21 April 2008

At check-in we were greated by a pleasant and helpful young lady. That's it for the good stuff. The rest of the staff, especially the valet, acted as if we owed them something every time we walked past. The rooms were meager and spartan and in disrepair. The music from the neighboring clubs pounded until 3am so if you want to sleep go elsewhere. I was glad I only booked the room for one night. The place also had an unpleasant feel to it. My mistake that I didn't believe the other bad reviews.

Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed 2 April 2008

Reading all this reviews I had my doubts about staying at this hotel, but when I saw their web site and took a better look of their facilities I definitely booked directly with them. At our arrival we checked inn right away their staff was very friendly and made us feel very comfortable. Our room was located on the main tower, a wonderful view of the city and the beach. We spend the entire weekend enjoying all the activities the hotel had scheduled because of the Spring Break.... foam parties (really fun), the pool area, and excellent food!!! On this matter I have to say that they have the best Mexican and Italian Restaurants in the city. We definitely are coming back!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank BeachFunGirl2008
Reviewed 27 March 2008

I went there through the mexicospringbreak.com event. Somehow, the hotel treated us as a second class citizen ..we got the worst room in the hotel with no TV and worst location....the hotel stuff was not friendly and accomodating

if you going through mexicospreakbreak .com party, don't do that...it is better you make reservation to some other hotel and walk to Papas & Beer and Iggies...there are much much parties happening in those places than in this crappy place.

Stayed: March 2008
1  Thank tense
Reviewed 24 March 2008

so first off durring the summer & major holidays this place is packed with the barely 18 crowd college faces & generally the party crowd.dring the day not too bad for people with family but if ya come with kids you stay as far away from this party corner, a t least in the night ,trheres the occasionally rowdiness ,so this hotel is more for the young student crowd, its walkin distance from papas N beer Club maya iggys.the local shops & the best tacos across the corner & the best Machaca breakfast down the corner.rooms leave a bit to be desired but if all you need is a place to shower & rest this is the place. also it does have some decent pool areas with DJs & 2for one drinks specials & all you can drink specials of course its not the premium liqour. but if your the age btwn 18 &25 this an alrgiht place..

• Stayed: January 2004, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 February 2008

OK. I've gone back and re-read the comments AFTER going to Rosarito. Pretty much everything is right-on. But I want to clarify some comments. We made our reservations without knowing jack about Rosarito. It was just a super great deal... an online promotion of $75.00 the first night and the second night free. We could NOT pass that up. Got there about 6:00 pm. The young lady at the desk was extremely friendly. The service staff was helpful as well... yes, probably because there was no one there... but nonetheless... very friendly. I was surprised by the room. It was very very basic... TV and that is all! No coffee maker or hair dryer or iron... but I was very pleased by how clean it was. Maybe we got lucky... but the carpet was clean. The bed was very comfortable. Pillows? so-so but I am very picky about pillows. The view was great. Overlooked the facilities of the hotel and the bars aforementioned by everyone. The music played until the wee hours. Yes, very disrupting to sleeping... BUT if you're in Rosarito at all... it ain't for the sleeping. This is THE party block of Rosarito. If you know it and expect it, then you're in heaven. If you want to be near the action but not right on top of it, stay a little to the left or the right of the Festival!!!!!! Papas & Beer and Iggy's are the two huge local bars. Papas was so cool... except no one was there! Way too early in the Season. But various levels and activities for everyone. This IS NOT A FAMILY VACATION AREA. This is purely "spring break" material. But the room was very very cute. Bathroom was small, yes. But very clean and the water in the shower was wonderful... no woosie dripping. Shopping was great... if you can handle the vendors trying to get your attention 24/7. Bars everywhere... beer cheaper in the street bars... absolutely. We definitely are planning on going back to Rosarito... probably not the Festival but we've told the kids about it. It would be heaven to them!!!! Except for the noise... we had great fun there.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple