“You get what you pay for” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rosarito Beach Hotel

Rosarito Beach Hotel
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Rosarito
Los Angeles, California
“You get what you pay for”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

My husband and I had a very fun and relaxing weekend at Rosarito Beach Hotel. The hotel is old and shabby but it is also very cheap. I liked the traditional Mexican feel but it definitely needs updating. The restaurant serves traditional Mexican food which is very good, The rooms are clean but in need of an urgent remodel. What I don't understand is that the hotel has a new tower that supposedly is much nicer and they charge double for these rooms. The weekend we stayed, the hotel was far from full and they should have upgraded us to a nicer room in the new tower. They would have had much happier customers who may have returned in the future. I doubt I will stay at this place again.

Room Tip: Try to get an upgrade to the new tower.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Loveagreatvacation

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

I'm surprised by some of the less-than-excellent reviews. We (two couples) went down last weekend and the hotel was full. We had excellent and personal service (thanks, Mario!). We didn't wait for anything. The room was incredibly nice and a good value, and the view was breathtaking. It was my first time in Mexico in 10 years, and the first time ever spending the night. Before heading down, I was anxious about my safety. But, after getting there, I was surprised at how safe I felt. We even walked around at night and it was clearly not the Mexico I've read about years ago. The hotel even took measures to ensure that only guests were in the hotel after 7pm. I'm going to start going on a regular basis, and I'm definitely staying at the RBH. This is also one of the few places to get FastLane (check on it to reduce travel time back to the U.S. - not all hotels offer it). In sum, a great hotel and a great value.

Room Tip: You can't choose your room before you get there, but the property has 3 different towers. Make...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Chris R
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

Waited almost an hour in line to check in, elevators took almost 20 minutes to arrive. Stayed in the "fancy" tower. They dont even have a lobby with registration desks there, had to check in in another building. Had trouble with my reservations, they charged me and also my guests for registrations that were already paid for. now we have to spend time getting that cash back. Not a lot of options in Rosarito, so that's why these guys dont care about stepping service up.

Room Tip: Pick the new tower
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Joaquin L

Travellers are raving about these Rosarito hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

I bought a travelzoo voucher for the RBH which included 3 nights stay, 2 massages, 3 breakfasts with mimosas, 6 margaritas and a bottle of wine.

The trip down was easy. We got there quite early so they did not have a room ready for us but checked us in reasonably quickly.

We didn't realize it was Mexican Independence Day, so the place was packed from the pool to the bar to the beach.

Once checked in, our room was decent. We were on the 6th floor in the Pacifico Tower with a nice pool and ocean view. The room was a 1 bedroom suite with a little kitchenette area. The patio off the room would have been lovely, however there was no patio furniture. It looked like people brought chairs up from the pool area to use on their balconies. There was also some mold in the shower stall, but otherwise, it was okay.

I went to the pool while my husband tried to take a nap in the room. He said at least two other parties were given keys to our same room as they tried to get in while he was trying to nap.

At the pool, people were using the chair cushions and life saving rings as floaties for the pool. The pool looked a little murky and there were obviously maintenance issues with tiles coming up in and around the pool area. On our last day, we did find the rooftop pool which looked to be in better condition and had a wonderful view.

The restaurant and bar served good food and drinks. However, one evening we decided to eat dinner at the bar. My husband and I each ordered a salad and an entree. I ordered the lobster and my husband the steak. My salad arrived as did his steak entree, but nothing else. We ate what was brought then sat waiting for a while, but nothing else came out. My husband then finally asked about the rest of our meal. We were then told they were out of lobster. Epic fail!!

The spa area was okay and the massages quite nice, however the jacuzzi in the spa area was not hot and the wet steam room looked a little bit scary. The dry steam was quite nice, though.

All in all, it was a decent stay, just don't have your hopes up too high.

2 Thank 3boys4me
temecula, ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

Bought this 2night, 2 massages, bottle of wine, 2 breakfasts, 4 mimosas, 6 margaritas through Travelzoo, what a great deal. I highly recommend it. You pay for parking and taxes which is $30.00 but worth it. Stayed in the Pacifico Tower, 6th floor. Great view of the beach and pool. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The bed was a bit lopsided but no big deal. I still slept fine. My main complaint is that the floor in the room is cement and rock and my feet were always dirty. Not sure if it's the floor that's hard to clean or they just aren't cleaning it.
The breakfast at Azteca was ok. We would walk to the local taco shops and fish restaurants for good and inexpensive meals. There are tons of pharmacies, liquor stores and good eats walking distance. We would buy beer and water from the liquor store and bring it back to our room, there's a mini fridge that keeps drinks extra cold-yeah!
The spa is old and needs some upgrading but it's cute with an old time feel to it. The massage was excellent, put me to sleep.
I recommend this hotel and will come back again.

1 Thank soniabags
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

Rooms are very nice in the new tower, but the service is HORRIBLE. Took 45 mins to check-in, then another 15 mins waiting for the elevator!!!!
Called the front desk several times, NO ANSWER. Ordered hot cakes for breakfast, he forgot the syrup, took like 20mins to come back, everything was cold by then!
My friend stayed at the old tower and there was NO HOT water!
Plus, and very irritating: they give you like 20 different pieces of paper, different sizes for different purposes, you have to carry all of them around with you! 2 for the parking, wristbands, another card for ordering room service, one for your car, etc!! Super irritating!!!

• Stayed September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank LLR1
Irvine, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

I suspect that the higher reviews for the Rosarito Beach Hotel are based on the new Pacifico tower. The lobby for the new tower was very modern and clean. On first appearances, it looked deserving of high marks. However, I can only review based on where I stayed and I had the displeasure of staying at the (much) older Coronado Tower of this hotel. The website says it has been remodeled, complete with pictures to prove it. The pictures are not accurate and do not remotely compare to the reality. The furnishings and room fixtures, especially the bathroom, showed their advanced age. All fabrics, from towels to sheets, were dingy in appearance and had a musty,mildewy smell. The air conditioner functioned, but not without frequent and extremely loud protests that shook the walls with their fervor. Best (or worst) of all, every single wall had some sort of grime smeared across the surface - typically some form of brown, lumpy smudge of indeterminate origin. I can only hope that the more expensive Pacifico tower omits some of these features.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Amy S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosarito
Rosarito Inn
#12 of 16 in Rosarito
Las Rocas Resort & Spa
Las Rocas Resort & Spa
#3 of 16 in Rosarito

Been to Rosarito Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!