Rosarito Beach Hotel
Pueblito Inn(Rosarito)
US$132
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
All reviewspacifico towerfast passtravelzoo dealnewer towerrooftop poolpiano playerhorseback ridingrosarito beachkaraoke barhotel restaurantcross the borderwater pressurepuerto nuevosan diegobaja californiaoff seasonfull kitchen
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Overnight trip for the recent Mariachi event. Our plans werent finalized, until day of arrival. Called the front desk Sat am to check on rooms. Plenty of rooms avail in the new condo tower, Pacifico. Drove from LA and checked in by mid-afternoon, just in time for show. Got up early and was back home by Sunday afternoon. Hotel shows some age in older section, but that is part of the charm of a historic hotel. What makes a great hotel or restaurant is often the people. Thanks to the RBH crew for thier hospitality.

Room Tip: Only negatives - water pressure in the higher floors of the condo tower at peak times was down to a trickle! Bring your own toiletries, soaps and shampoos etc. Make sure to ask for an ocean view, relax and enjoy!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ed P
rbhsalesmanager, Manager at Rosarito Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you for posting a review of the Rosarito Beach Hotel. We appreciate your feedback about your experience at the hotel during your stay. We hope you’ll visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

A group of us bought a great hotel package deal from Travelzoo, was a little worried. It seemed to good to be true, but it was !! We stayed the weekend and had a great time. Everything that was offered was awarded. If you go, ask to stay in the Pacifico Tower, its the newest and nicest of all the hotel. They also have two restaurants as well as a spa. Best massage Ive had in awhile. We also hung out at their pool below the tower's and had nice relaxing day. The service at the pool was great, Joanne Campos was the best !! {manager} She made us feel right home in Baja !!! Give Rosarito Beach Hotel a try... you'll enjoy it !!

Room Tip: Pacifico Towers is the best option for rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank travelerdude500

Thank you for submitting a review for the Rosarito Beach Hotel. Every feedback we receive is very valuable for us, we hope to have you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

You MUST demand to stay in the PACIFICO TOWERS, otherwise you can except to stay in a very old and unkept area of the hotel. Pacifico towers are about 5 years old and are clean, well decorated, and have magnificent views of the pacific. They have a min fridge, stove, and microwave, as well as some kitchen essentials like cups and silverware. I really liked our room BUT there were a couple of things that really bugged me. First, the showers have those WaterSaver shower heads that barely dribble out any water. I hate these things! I need to feel the water peeling off my epidermis so that I can feel really clean. Second, they only give you about 1.25 towels per couple, and they aren't very soft. Lastly, the pools were freezing. Don't try to pass yourself off as THE best hotel in baja, yet skimp on things that really make people feel like they are staying at a cheap motel. I don't mind paying premium prices but I DEMAND high water pressure, lots of soft towels, a pool that isnt almost covered in ice, a good wi-fi signal. So, if you are coming to Rosarito I would suggest you stay here, but be prepared for the bad along with the good.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Villasenor1978d
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I have been going to Baja and the Rosarito Hotel since I was a kid. We used a Travelzoo deal (which we also used last year) with the breakfasts, margaritas, massages and a 2 night stay in a suite in the Pacifico Tower. Maybe the old part of the hotel is worn, I think it has "character" and history. The Spa is great. One reviewer thought is was also worn out, but it is the former home of the original owner of the hotel and I thought it was charming with beautiful tile and iron work. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. The only problem was with the speed pass and the directions to get across the border Very vague and confusing, no street names or other specifics. We made it, but not without a little conflict between me and hubby ("go this way, no, that way. Stop, go!!) LOL!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Robin L
Reviewed 25 September 2013

My husband and I had a very fun and relaxing weekend at Rosarito Beach Hotel. The hotel is old and shabby but it is also very cheap. I liked the traditional Mexican feel but it definitely needs updating. The restaurant serves traditional Mexican food which is very good, The rooms are clean but in need of an urgent remodel. What I don't understand is that the hotel has a new tower that supposedly is much nicer and they charge double for these rooms. The weekend we stayed, the hotel was far from full and they should have upgraded us to a nicer room in the new tower. They would have had much happier customers who may have returned in the future. I doubt I will stay at this place again.

Room Tip: Try to get an upgrade to the new tower.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple