“Great service but the rooms are old and tired”

Rosarito Beach Hotel
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Rosarito
Hermosa Beach, California
“Great service but the rooms are old and tired”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I was down in Baja visiting my son and needed a place to stay nearby. The Rosarito Beach Hotel was close by so I decided to give it a try. I hadn't stayed there in a long time and was curious to see what it was like. Although they have the newly built tower, I opted to stay in the older original part of the hotel mostly due to cost. The hotel still has a lot of charm but the effects of Father Time are definitely starting to show. The room was clean but old and tired. The staff, on the other hand, was very friendly and efficient. Next time I will definitely stay in the new tower.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank AlanFromHermosa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We arrived there from a bus after we agreed on the phone with the staff that the price would be S130 per room. Once we got there after a 3 hour trip they raised the price to $410. Also they charge $30 for whoever wants to visit you in the hotel past 9pm, which is obviously a scam to get more money out of tourists.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Pablo A

Travellers are raving about these Rosarito hotels

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

My family has been staying at this hotel for over 30 years, even during the last 6 years of it's tourism decline. it's insane how run down and petty the property has become. Three of us in one room for one saturday night cost 190 US dollars plus parking fees got us the oldest room in the place. I was brought a roll away bed upon check in (thank you) and requested bedding. The bedding came 7 hours later. The sheets looked like they were dug from the bottom of a closet and the "pillow" was a sqaure throw pillow, like the kind you would use on a sofa. The towels were old thin. I can over look the worn down property, the outdated lobby and the tired food menus but if you are charging me near 50 bucks extra for a third person then at least be kind enough to provide me with a damn pillow to justify your demand. It breaks my heart to say ill never go back, but unless this place can justify their outrages prices that do not meet the quality of the property, I will not return.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
7 Thank Rebeca M
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

This place was clean, fun, and reasonably priced thirty years ago. Times have changed. It is smelly, dirty, overpriced and has rude staff. Beaches and food in the area are good but find another place to stay

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Brenda B
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We had a wonderful time at the Rosarito Beach Hotel. We took our friends with us. It was there first time there and they therally enjoyed the experience. The staff made it very enjoyable as well as the dining experience of the area. We look forward to staying again in the near future. A must stop is Suzannas and El Nidos for dinner.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank rh91362
carlsbad, ca
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We just returned from a little get-away to Rosarita Beach Hotel. The accomodations in the Coronado Tower were very nice, comfortable bed (which is not very common in Mexico). All of the people that we encountered were very helpful and made our stay enjoyable. We look forward to going back and possibly staying in the Pacifico Towers - those rooms were really awesome.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank penibal
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 19 April 2014

My husband, son and I stayed here for two nights. The overall experience was ok. We had a studio suite in the Pacifico Tower. It has an amazing view of the beach and pool but lacked in amenities. In the kitchenette, no paper towels, dish towels, nor dish soap. These are usually standard in a kitchenette. The plunge was broken in the bathtub so no baths for my son. Only an outdoor table but no chairs to sit and enjoy the gorgeous view on the balcony. It was a weekday so no towel service in pool area... had to walk to lobby. The safe broke but maintenance was able to unlock it. The second bed is a hard futon. Also. only a small night stand drawer. Clothes had to be put in a "cubby" in the closet. Wifi in room is very weak and SLOW.... better in lobby and bar.

The spa needs to be updated. It was gross. the steam room was humid and smelled like mildew. NO steam. The temperature on the sauna is inaccurate. There is rust, chipped paint, old tile. I had a massage with oils and I was left oily. No warm towel to remove the oil. No extra towels, lotion, hair products etc in the dressing area locker room. The Relaxation room was ok. Hot tea and cold plain water. For the first time, I was eager to leave a spa and shower in the room.

We had dinner at Azteca. Overall.. good burrito and tacos. The margaritas at the bar was mostly mix.

There were lots of good taco stands. Breakfast at Pancake Republic was great. Excellent chilaquiles and fresh squeezed OJ.

There were some mix ups with the front desk. My card was charged twice which I noticed on online banking on the way home. I called and transferred around so I need to follow up. I asked for babysitting service from 11 am to 1pm but housekeeping had it at 11pm-1am so no babysitter. It turned out ok since y husband was not eager to stay in spa. At checkout, I needed to provide license plate and license # for FastPass but was not told this ahead of time so I had to wait again. Also, I could not charge to room since I did not have a "voucher" card. I was not told about this at check in. Luckily, I had enough cash.

It was $320 including tax for the two weeknights with 2 $10 restaurant vouchers per night.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank GeeGee40
RBHManager, Gerente at Rosarito Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Rosarito Beach Hotel,
every feedback we receive is very valuable for us. We appreciate yours
regarding your stay.

We apologize if we didn’t meet your expectations, in order to correct the
situations that you experienced, we are addressing your comments to the
involved departments

If you need any further help or comments, please feel free to email me at:
gerente@rosaritobeachhotel.com

We look forward to welcoming you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosarito
Rosarito Inn
#12 of 16 in Rosarito
Brisas del Mar Hotel
Brisas del Mar Hotel
#10 of 16 in Rosarito

Been to Rosarito Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!