Rosarito Beach Hotel
Del Mar Inn(Rosarito)
US$79
US$284
Travelocity
All reviewspacifico towerfast passtravelzoo dealnewer towerrooftop poolpiano playerhorseback ridingrosarito beachkaraoke barhotel restaurantcross the borderwater pressurepuerto nuevosan diegobaja californiaoff seasonfull kitchen
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed at the Rosarito Beach Hotel for a couple nights. We stayed on the 8th floor of the relatively new "Pacific Tower". The rooms were modern, the balcony view incredible & pool great. Food good too.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing west as opposed to southwest.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mexonline
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I am a Los Angeles Native, yet it had been years since I had been to Mexico. Many friends over the years had said things had changed there and its dangerous, etc. My Husband and I decided to go to Rosarito anyways. We booked our trip through Bookit.com (which is in my opinion a really amazing site). We booked a suite in the new tower. We stayed Sunday- Tuesday. It was busier than I expected but not too busy. Our room was great. (except for the shower...its the only thing I can complain about. NO water pressure at all. barely able to rinse) The view was amazing. Didn't bother with the pool as the ocean was steps away. Horse riding on the beach... Massages on the beach...plenty of festivities on the beach. Beach bar and restaurant in walking distance. Hotel has cafe and wi-fi and parking on site. You can walk to local shops and food. Plenty to do. had a great time. Going back soon

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Kristie S
Reviewed 5 August 2014

From start to finish of my 2-night stay it was horrible. First, they tried to put me in a dilapidated room. I then was required to pay $400 a night for an acceptable room (I had thought prices in Mexico would be less expensive, not more expensive than the states). Never once during my stay did I see a smile or any sort of friendliness from the staff. Finally, at check-out, I was over-charged and have yet to receive a refund (more than 2 weeks later). I am not holding my breath on that one. One of the worst stays at a hotel I have ever had. Do not stay here.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
10  Thank Kyle P
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed last week for one night at the Rosarito Beach Hotel just to get away. We drove down from San Diego and it wasn't hard to find if you stay on the toll road there. Once in town, there were lots of local police about, and we didn't see too many shady characters. Beware the hotel has little parking, so if you find a spot in their lot take it right away.

The hotel is the biggest one in town. It is right next to Papas and beer. When we got there Claudia helped us check in and we asked to upgrade to the Pacifico tower - if they have availability and you can afford the extra money it is so worth it. We had 3 people so we had booked a 2 bedroom suite in the coronado tower, and for an bit extra we got into the Pacifico tower, 15th floor ocean front. It was an awesome room, thanks Claudia! The back bedroom had two queen beds in it, and the bathroom was just outside of the door in the hallway. It had a nice shower in it. The master bedroom had a king and opened up to the balcony, and the bathroom had a rainfall shower with a separet jetted tub, and two sinks. The toliet was in a small room. The suite had a kitchen in it with a full sized fridge, microwave, stove and sink, and a small 4 person dining table next to the couch and coffee table. There weren't any utensils or cooking implements in the kitchen so you would need to bring those if you wanted to cook anything. The couch appeared to pull into a futon. We loved leaving the balcony door open all night listening to the sound of the ocean. Th

It seemed modern and new, but if you looked real close you could see the wear and tear on the place.. there was duct tape under the sinks, and alot of cracking drywall/chipping paint. The sink faucet had been broken and reapired with epoxy, but it wasn't holding up too well. Just don't look to closely and you will be OK!

The hotel has several pools, the 19th floor pool was not running when we were there. The downstairs pools were crowded with locals kids running crazy. The water was cloudy by mid afternoon. You could not drink outside by the pool, which we thought was crazy. But you could drink on the beach, which was clean and had horses on it! Go see Ruben out front of the hotel for horseback rides, his horses are all well taken care of and trained.

We stayed by the Aztec bar and had some of the best pina coladas. The bartender (I think his name was Silveno?) was awesome, he poured them great and taught us a few bar tricks. Prices aren't great, but aren't awful, and we got $40 of free booze vouchers at the bar with our hotel room. We didn't eat dinner there, we walked over to El Nido which is 1 block away.

I would definitely stay there if we go back.

Room Tip: Pacifico towers are the way to go!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank BMRosenberger
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I booked my trip over the phone direct with there reservations big mistake . I made it perfectly clear more then once with reservations employee Israel (whom made my reservation) that it would be 6 people .. When I arrived in Mexico it was only booked for four and the hotel charged me an extra 200 . I was told if I contact reservations they would refund my money .. After talking with reservations manger she assured me in 10 business days there would be a refund .. I have been given the run around and told there computers are down or I need to call with someone whom speak Spanish , left on hold for 20 mins at a time ect ... Bottom line my stay was at the end of May and I'm yet to receive my refund .. I even drove back down there talked to Omar the manger whom contacted victor whom deals with the refunds and was told it would be done the next day .. Still waiting Smh

• Stayed: May 2014