“We had a very nice stay, room and service was super, 7th stay in the past 12 mon”

Rosarito Beach Hotel
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Rosarito
Glendora, Ca.
Reviewed 19 April 2006

Had another great stay at this hotel, rooms were clean and service was nice. Im building a house near the hotel and cant say enough about the great food and fun times I have had here. You cant go wrong with Rosarito Beach Hotel

• Stayed: April 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Los Alamitos, California
Reviewed 12 April 2006

We booked rooms at the Rosarito Beach Hotel at the last minute and were able to get two rooms for just over $100 each. This included dinner and margaritas when we arrived. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We were even upgraded to a suite because we had to wait awhile in line when we checked in. (It wasn't that bad of a wait -- we've had to wait longer at other hotels!) The facilities were great! There are a lot of things to do and the location was in the center of town. I appreciated the cleanliness of the rooms and we felt safe at the hotel. We would definately stay there again and would recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed: April 2006
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 February 2006

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at the Rosarito Beach Hotel very, very much. It was the best vacation ever ! It has a beautiful view, good food, excellent service, it is inexpensive and best of all, it is close to home. You can have a taste of the real Mexico !

• Stayed: February 2006
4  Thank ROSA R
Reviewed 12 February 2006

Where do I begin? The first room we checked into was so crappy, we refused to stay in it. The second room was dark, cramped and the bathroom was moldy. The third room was big and airy - lot of space, but so badly and sparsely furnished - just a joke. But we were completely exhausted from schlepping from room-to-room, we just threw our bags down and gave up. The bathroom ceiling looked like it was ready to collapse; the room was freezing because a glass window slat above the door was missing - this also made it really noisy - all of the hallway noise came flying in - especially hotel staff talking on walkie talkie radios. No coffee maker, no washcloths until our room was made up the next day. Horribly stained carpeting - no table/chairs to sit in - just a really ugly love seat in the sun room area. OK - and what's with putting a basketball court right next to the Ocean with the rooms looking out onto that? What genius thought that up. How about the HOTEL ROOM next to the beach with the basketball courts anywhere else??? Crappy slip of a balcony - too small for sitting out on. Ok, now let's get to the "Welcome Margaritas" that are part of the package: They're from a mix. This hotel used to be famous for Margaritas, but what you get now are bland, pre-mixed - small, not even in a margarita glass - and they don't use good coarse salt. My traveling companion made them make her real ones mixed fresh. This is not a cheap place to stay. We paid over $150 per night. I feel totally ripped off. The place is a train wreck. Never again.

• Stayed: February 2006
14  Thank Emmarubybegonia
Reviewed 6 February 2006

On the south end of town, this hotel is pretty cool. If you want to be in the "thick of things" then this is the place. If you like quiet but want to have a short walk to the nightlife then stay a few (or more) blocks north. They are a bit more used to american dollars so things really dont seem that inexpensive. You really have to shop around. I have had more luck at the hotels north of this hotel with regards to value. They cater to the customers as long as you have the $. But that is everywhere. Lots of shopping right there. Can get noisy!! I really did not mind the noise until the early hours. I went to bed at 1am and I was probably considered and old geezer (37). Anyways, I would stay here again but there are many others that I would like to try. From a security standpoint, its top notch. Most of the city police protect the US tourists as they know that keeps the $'s rolling into Rosarito. Stories of payoffs really dont hold water unless you really make a big traffic boo boo or are very drunk and annoying in public. This Hotel while dealing with drunkin tourists pretty well, also watches carefully ofr unrulies that are not guests and just hovering around. I have seen more than one drunkard removed by police for being annoying. I watched one as they asked him if he was a guest. He said yes, but was not able to verify it. They took him to the desk and the truth came out. I dont know where they escorted him to, but it was nice he was gone. The police were actually pretty nice about it. (firm, but nice) If you have any questions e mail me soatman@cox.net

Steve

• Stayed: January 2006
9  Thank Surfcat
Reviewed 4 February 2006

I planned a trip to Rosarito with my teenage children and choose the Rosarito Beach Hotel because of all the action in the vacinity. I booked a petite sueit and was plesently surprised when we were upgraded to a two bedroom master sueit. It wasn't the Hyatt Regency but for Mexico it was just fine. Only issue I had is that the dinner's that were included were below average and worthless. My duaghter upgraded to the lobster thurmador and was pleased.

Stayed: January 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 December 2005

I stayed in the oceanview room. Simple but overlooking the ocean and heard the roar of the waves all day and even kept the sliding glass door open at night. Wonderful. Immediate beach outside the hotel is sand but found the outlying beach to be rather mud-like; still I enjoyed a very long walk. The food was truly excellent, altho I only had breakfast. Only two compalints: the TV reception wasn't good on a few channels and I was shortchanged $5 for breakfast. Dollar cost was $9.25. I gave a $20 and was given 5 one dollar bills and 75 cents in change. But everything else was quite clean and an overall good experience.

• Stayed: December 2005
3  Thank Jim0001MontebelloCA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosarito
Rosarito Inn
#10 of 14 in Rosarito
Del Mar Inn
Del Mar Inn
#7 of 14 in Rosarito

Been to Rosarito Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!