“Okay, especially for younger travelers”
Review of Del Mar Inn

Del Mar Inn
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Rosarito
California
“Okay, especially for younger travelers”
Reviewed 12 January 2008

Stayed here with friends in August. The hotel was very plain, nothing to write home about. Not much charm or personality to it and no view of the ocean. It's about 3 blocks from the beach and about 5 blocks from the center of town, so either is easy walking distance. What may be appealing to younger travelers is that this is apparently one of the few hotels that will allow you to bring "visitors" back to your hotel room without denying them entry or making them pay. Otherwise, if you're not going to Rosarito with such an intent, then I'd advise you choose one of the other hotels.

• Liked — Nothing in particular
  • Disliked — No personality, a little far from center of town
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with friends
1 Thank JustMeInCalifornia

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Covina, Ca
Reviewed 17 October 2007

After reading the reviews on this site, I decided to book this hotel and am VERY GLAD that I did. The grounds are kept up very nice. The hotel is similar to that of a NICE/CLEAN Motel 6 or similar (just to compare to a US hotel). The staff is very friendly, the room was cozy and the sushi bar was GREAT! I would highly recommend going to the sushi bar. I was a little scared to eat sushi in Mexico, but this place is VERY clean and all the fish they use is cooked. It's basically sushi with a mexican flare, as they use cream cheese, pablano chilis, avocado, etc., in some of their dishes. Delicious! The staff was VERY accomodating at the restaurant! Highly recommend. The room was only $88 bucks. I would recommend it over the Rosarito Beach Hotel and Festival Plaza. Those places are WAY overpriced! Feel comfortable booking this location. It is about a 6-8 minute walk to the main bar/restaurants (depending on where you want to go) but it is not inconvenient at all. I'm 24 and my boyfriend is 25. Although we like to have a good time, staying at the Rosarito Beach Hotel or Festival Plaza Hotel means listening to bumping/loud music till about 6am when the bars close. I like to leave the bars and get a good night's sleep and this place let me do that! Highly recommend!! :):)

• Liked — Location, Value, Staff, Sushi bar
  • Disliked — Can't complain!
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank DStelz6
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed 6 August 2007

when pulling up to the hotel its exterior is very nice, but once in side the room it was very cramped.not a family hotel.pool is cracked in areas,very small pool for big hotel. jacuzzi did not work and after notifying the hote,l a security guard/desk reciptionist came out and banged on the pump and said it work now. well it did not work. would not stay here again for the price we ended up paying $125.00 a night.

• Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk

Travellers are raving about these Rosarito hotels

Los Angeles
Reviewed 23 July 2007

I was really worried about going to Rosarito for the first time because I kept hearing about all the bad things that happen in Rosarito, especially about all the horrible hotels. As soon as we pulled up to Brisas del Mar I knew this was going to be great. The lobby was very nice. We were supposed to check in at 3 pm and they let us check in at 10 am instead...we were really happy because we wanted to park the car and leave our stuff in the room to go explore. We had a double room in the second floor conveniently next to the stairs. We had working AC, hot and cold water, TV with decent channels, and it was very clean. I recommend you go to Fuku, the sushi bar located in the hotel and have some Saki Bombs with the bartender Juan...that guy is hilarious and will make sure you have a fun time! The distance from the clubs and bars is about an 8 minute walk, but having a peaceful night was worth the walk. The pool was clean there was an awesome jacuzzi. I definitely recommend this hotel to everyone! I hope to go back to Rosarito soon and stay here again.

• Liked — The clean and safe environment.
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Diego
Reviewed 22 July 2007

This hotel had excellent ratings on this website. However, when you get there, it was a 1 star hotel. I guess considering that it was in a 3rd world country, I just should have been lucky it had running water and no wild animals. I will admit, the room was clean, but they charged me $150.00 for a room that should have been NO more than $50.00. No ocean view, a pool the size of a sink, a room that smelled like pure [--] and was the size of a shoe box. I would only recommend staying there if you can not find anything better. It was not worth my $150.

• Liked — The nice guy at the front desk
  • Disliked — How they upped the rate when I got there and the shabbiness of the hotel despite the price.
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with friends
4 Thank NE4Lifer
usa
Reviewed 14 July 2007

We stayed here over Father's Day weekend. The property was on the dirty side. Especially the bathroom. Mold, ants, etc. The staff at the front desk were very slow. Pool was nice and clean with plenty of chairs. No parking on sat night. The restaurant was never opened to the public (baby shower and private dinner party).

• Liked — The pool
  • Disliked — The bathroom
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank travelsmor
LA
Reviewed 29 June 2007

I went to C-Fest in Rosarito this year and I had never been the one to find a place to stay, so naturally I was a bit nervous about choosing a hotel. I read reviews on 1/2 a dozen hotels and I decided to take my chances on Brisas Del Mar. I was so happy I decided to stay there! The prices were great! The rooms were clean and cozy. They also had a gated area to keep my car, which was important. The location was the best part. It is close to everything! The clubs are only 4 blocks away! There are taco stands everywhere....mmmmm. Altogether knowing I was staying at a centrally located hotel that was a great hotel, it made my trip that much better! I feel confident going back to Mexico without the boys! =0) If it's your first time going down to Rosarito, I would definitely suggest staying at Brisas Del Mar!!

• Liked — It's location
  • Disliked — The ants in my sink.
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank roxxygurrl16
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosarito
Rosarito Beach Hotel
#10 of 16 in Rosarito
Las Olas Resort & Spa
Las Olas Resort & Spa
#7 of 16 in Rosarito

Been to Del Mar Inn? Share your experiences!