Los Pelicanos Hotel
US$89
US$87
US$273
Travelocity
All reviewsocean viewquailrustic placeloved this hotelmachacathird floornice poolswedish massagedrove downgreat weekendmexicopesotijuanarelaxationhorses
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 January 2014

This is th first time that I have ever wrote a review IN MY LIFE, but I am so disappointed in my recent experience at the restaurant that I feel obligated to say something. Me and my family have been loyal customers for over 20 years and today I had the worst experience at Los Pelicanos that I felt had to say something. Even after I multiple complaints there was still no change in the service (Or lack there of) or attitude. ! I will never go back to this establishment again and I will tell everyone I know of the horrible service we received. Even after our complaints fell on deaf ears, the Mgr. still charged full price and then had the nerve to say "I hope that you next time you visit it will be better" Are you kidding!!!! I have never heard a worse excuse for an apology! I am a Spanish speaking American and my family wife and Mother in Law are from Rosarito Beach where I have called my home for the past 20 years and have been coming to Las Pelicanos about once or twice a month but from now on Ill take my business else ware.

Room Tip: On this occasion I was not a guest of the hotel just a guest of the restaurant
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Tom A
Reviewed 24 January 2014

This hotel is known for the food in the restaurant here but the menu consists mainly of tacos, enchiladas, burritos, burgers, and most of the unhealthy full of fat food. They do offer fish.
The furniture in the spacious room with beautiful view, was pretty worn and not one comfortable chair or table. No coffee machine, just bare minimum. Best feature the cleanliness and view and friendly reception clerk. His office is a joke! Just a cubby hole. The ground is very uneven and it is totally unsuitable for anyone disabled. The rooms on 2nd floor are best .2 flights of stairs, no elevator. The ground floor ones you have to go through dark parking lot!
All the lights in the room - there are 3 - had very low light. Walls in room made of cement blocks. I paid $75. Night which is fair price in Rosarito Beach. The room has a dirty carpet but at least it isn't freezing like the stone floors. Not much to see and do in Rosarita Beach. I went to the Beauty Salon which was the best way to spend the time and got my hair cut (she was pretty good) and a pedicure. Very friendly place near the Hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Great location, nice staff. The restaurant is the best thing of this whole place with the best service with heaters in the outside so you can enjoy the great view.
The rooms are a little dated, it seems that the rooms that are facing the ocean have carpet while the ones in the other side have tile, by the way the carpet is very old. It is a big room with beautiful views.
No heat in the rooms but warm water in the shower.
Walking distance to the Main Street.

Room Tip: The front bedrooms have an old carpet but the view is incredible.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2013

This is a small hotel sitting on the beach w a wonderful ocean view. It is simple but clean, the spa is great. The best part is the restaurant that sits on the beach with an ocean view, a little senorita making fresh tortillas for breakfast and just great food. If you go in the summer you will eat your dinner in the sunset with a view of beach. So beautiful. Highly recommended. This is our third time here.

Room Tip: Always ask for ocean view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

We loved this place. We were prepared for anything and were pleasantly surprised. The room was clean and smelled clean. The floors were clean. The view was spectacular. We also loved the staff and found the food to be some of the best in town. We are looking forward to going back in the spring. If you're worried about the ants, there were very few.

• Stayed: August 2013