“Good food, ordinary wine, great hosts”
Review of Akai Sakana Sushi - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Akai Sakana Sushi
Reviewed 28 March 2013

After the bad sushis we got in Tijuana and Rosarito, we were happy to eat those ones. Very good sushis with fresh ingredients but maybe a little expensive. The wine could be better though. The waiter was funny. I also agree they should put prices in pesos.

Reviewed 31 December 2012

When Robert Redford was in town to film a movie at the Baja Studios, he was a regular here for the seafood entres. Moderate priced luncheons and daily specials. Right on the boulevard across the street from Rosarito Beach Hotel, so was an easy walk... friendly service.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

We have been visiting this restaurant for a while now. We kind of discover it when looking for a better alternative of Susana's (use to be in the same plaza). Now it is on the main boulevard, the place is ok. Nothing fancy, but the owner is so nice and attentive and she knows about sushi definitely! I also recommend the seaweed salad, it is soooo delicious. Good service.

Reviewed 3 April 2012

... but I found it as I was determined to get me a bowl of hot miso soup. That was OK, as was the udon I ordered. However, I was alone in the place which completely lack ambience. The wine list is inexistant. The glass of wine I ordered must have come from a bottle opened days before. I would not go back.

Reviewed 18 January 2012

My friends and I love sushi. When we entered to the restaurant it looked clean and properly managed.We ordered some sushi rolls, teriyaki chicken and some Japanese tea. The food was very tasty and it looked very fresh to me. The server was very nice. It was my first time in the restaurant, but my friends are regular customers. We love the sushi rolls. We definitely would go back to the restaurant. It is a place that you definitely have to visit!!!!