“The customer service fromErnesto and Sigrid Bricenowww.bajak28.com was Horrible!!”
Review of La Paloma

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rosarito
La Paloma
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Rosarito
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

La Paloma is a beautiful place to stay. Totally worth the price. However you are better off renting from the offices there or worldmark. Ernesto Briceno reached at
www.bajak28.com was a horrible person to work with. He threatened us after we have a email confirmation our day was completely ruined. I will never rent from him again. Mr. Briceno had no business ethics no manners.

• Stayed August 2014
5 Thank j c
RosaritoKen, HOA Administrator at La Paloma, responded to this review, 9 October 2014
Thank you for your comments. Please note that La Paloma is not a hotel and that there are several options to manage a stay more to your satisfaction. You rented through a particular agency, and perhaps on your next stay, consider another provider and unit more to your liking.

La Paloma is a 300 unit privately owned condominium project managed by a Homeowner's Association that is not involved in rentals, however rental units are available. There are several methods to rent through agents; also timeshare ownership is available. We encourage you to find a method and unit that will satisfy your requirements, and hope that your next visit will be a happy one.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I made a reservation through booking.com, a two bedroom villa. They sent me an email on Thursday with all the booking information. So of course I thought we were all set. I arrived on a Friday with my husband and another couple, the security lady at the gates didn't had any reservations under my name. I called the phone number on my reservation, and the man who answered said " I am sorry, I don't have anything available for you, the person in charge of our reservations got fired". I was devastated! I drove 4 hours across the border relying on my reservation. I will never stay here! We had to drive around until we found a room for 4! Again not reliable and very unprofessional. They could've called to info me what was going on, I would've never drove to Mexico without a reservation.

Room Tip: Don't stay here! not reliable!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank Yesenia V

La Paloma is a 300 unit privately owned condominium project managed by a Homeowner's Association that is not involved in rentals, however rental units are available. The Security Staff may try to be helpful, but unfortunately are not responsible for rentals or those arrangements.

Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed at the La Paloma a couple of weeks ago and had such a wonderful time. We had a 2-bedroom condo on the 4th floor with a wonderful view of the property, pool, and the ocean. The condo was very nice and very clean. All of the staff we met were friendly and helpful. While I want to say "gracias" to all of the staff, and to especially thank Alex at the front desk for being so kind and helpful, and I can't forget to thank Israel in the little cafe who was "the best server ever!" By the way, the omelets and the club sandwiches are wonderful. Make sure Israel gives you a little "Mexican honey" to put on your omelet.

The only negative is the condos do not have air-conditioning. That wouldn't be a problem, but some weekend warriors on their bikes with the loudest tailpipes in existence ran up and down the road the resort is on all night. This was not a security problem for the hotel. There was a lot of security at the hotel and they took their job seriously as far as we could tell. Contrary to what another reviewer wrote, and we were there at the same time: Yes, there are families around the pool, but what's wrong with that? We never saw anyone who looked like they didn't belong. The resort also warns you very clearly not to place towels outside the rooms to dry. We didn't see any towels hanging out. Each condo has its own washer and dryer if you need to do laundry.

The resort also has some great tennis courts.

Make sure you try the little Italian place that is a 6 or 7 minute walk from the resort. Very good pizza and steak. I wish I could remember the name of the little taco and hamburger place that's on the right just as you get into town coming from the resort. They were open even at 10 PM and had wonderful burgers cooked over a wood fire. There's also a very nice Walmart a few miles away in Rosarito if you want to buy some groceries. There produce and bakery goods put any Walmart in the States to shame.

Oh, it was kind of a pain to have to go to the cafe area to get wifi.

4 Thank tbentz
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Had a blast not to far from the night clubs love it beautiful view, quiet and relaxing cant wait to go back next year, easy to get there safe parking,I had condo 148 next to beach love the view its a must I rosarito

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Carlos M
San Diego, California
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed in the Worldmark rooms (2 bedroom/2 bath units with full kitchen) with balcony facing pool and entrance facing busy street. It was clean and spacious. The view of the ocean was great! Staff at the resort was helpful and friendly. They have one small restaurant with no bar. Good food and a friendly/funny waiter. The resort has 3 kid friendly pools. The pools were nice but fairly small. I received a swedish massage ($35 USD) from Eva. The massage itself was okay. To get to the massage room, I had to walk through the gym to a room not much bigger than a closet. Once in the massage room, Eva asked me to remove my shirt and shoes but to keep on my shorts and to lie on the table. Two things that would have made the message a better experience dim the lights and get rid of the incense. No option to receive in-room massage. Night time noise level could have been better. The week we were there, you can hear people parting in their rooms after midnight. If you didn’t want to hear them, you would have to close your windows which would then stop the cool breeze and ocean sound from entering your room (kind of defeats the purpose of enjoying the resort next a beach). Wi-Fi is not accessible through out resort. You have to be at the main office or restaurant (which is next to the office) to get Wi-Fi. Overall, it was a good experience and plan to return soon.

2 Thank Nephia67
Santee, California
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stayed in the Worldmark by Wyndham buildings within this resort. This resort includes a few different timeshare properties as well as private residences. The check in staff for Worldmark (Daniel, Omar and the female with braces) were awesome and made great recommendations for freshly caught seafood (Pototla) as well as popular places to eat and enjoy the region. The pools and jacuuzis were nice and well maintained. The driveways are simply large rounded rocks which may or may not be grouted, lots shifting out of place and lumpy. The buildings were clean, painted but cracked in places. The elevators were half out of order which was kind of a pain. Beach access was ok with custom (somewhat eroded) stone stairs leading you from the cliffs where La Paloma end and the sandy beach starts. Kind of a walk to the Rosarito pier and the main tourist beach area but walkable.
Super close to a 711 with convenient but expensive beer, treats and ATMs.
Would recommend for couples, not too much for families to do (other than fireworks, horseback rides). It is the best hotel property in the area for couples and families that don't want to have loud music from neighboring clubs and gated high security grounds.Not sure if I would return but it's no fault of the hotel and it's upkeep or amenities. Paid extra for the ocean view but their are palm trees that need trimming swaying and blocking the view.
**Room also bordered the busy street. With NO AC you need to have the windows open for the breeze to keep the room cool which is lame with the traffic noise.
Like a 500 hp minivan it's the best at what it can be but I just don't think it's right for me.

1 Thank polizzi82
temecula, ca
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Definitely a quiet place to stay if you want to avoid the party crowd. My room was towards the back end of the resort, close to the street. Had a nice view of the pool and the beach. We stayed in a 2 bed, 2 bath, it was clean and spacious.
Note to folks with bad knees and on walkers or wheelchairs-please be careful. Most of the walkways around the property are made of cobblestone. It was a short walk to the pier where there are fruit vendors, corn on the cobb, ice-cream vendors and bars with loud music. Very fun!
There is one small restaurant here and no bars. You have to drive out to go to a bar, or find a taco shop or liquor store.
Mama Mia is the little restaurant and the waiter was friendly and funny. The food was ok, I ordered chicken almondine and I wasn't impressed with it. However, I did enjoy the homemade chips, salsa and guacamole, it smelled, tasted and looked fresh, it was delicious. Didn't finish the chips and salsa and the waiter packed it and said it was a "midnight snack".
I recommend La Paloma Resort if you have good feet and are looking to relax.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank soniabags
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rosarito
Rosarito Beach Hotel
#10 of 16 in Rosarito
Las Olas Resort & Spa
Las Olas Resort & Spa
#7 of 16 in Rosarito

Been to La Paloma? Share your experiences!