“Chef Erick and Casa Blanca are a Treat”
Review of Casa Blanca

Casa Blanca
Ranked #123 of 169 Restaurants in Rosarito
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 July 2013

My wife and I are foodies who haven eaten at many fine restaurants around the world and never written a review before...Casa Blanca is deserving of one...we knew of Chef Erick's reputation as a "Top Chef" and were curious if he could live up to his reputation...the answer is Yes! From start to finish the experience was what we expected...given Mexico standards...I judge service based on a Houston's Restaurant (not considered fine dining) standard, a system that works...it seems to be employed here...if you don't know what we are talking about then you may not want to review a restaurant...I had a long discussion with Chef Erick about the struggle to find staff that can live up to the food standards he sets in the kitchen, almost impossible...anywhere in the world...given that fact the overall experience was a 9...we won't go into much detail about what we ate or how the drinks were or whether there was a bathroom within 100 yards...what we will say is that if you live in the area or stay at the Rosarito Beach Hotel it is the best option in Baja...we will be back and hear they are expanding to be the largest 4 star establishment in Baja...the reason? People like it...

1  Thank Sam W

Reviewed 9 July 2013

We ate here for the breakfast buffet and loved it! The buffet is bigger than the other one at Azteca and the view speaks for itself. They have a gentleman playing the piano and singing which was nice. The restaurant is beautiful, all white, very chic.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

We were one of two tables when we arrived at 8:45 on a saturday night and yet it took a party of five: 45 minutes to get drinks, an hour to get bread, and TWO hours until we got food. No one ever asked us if we needed beverages refilled even though there were multiple employees standing around doing nothing. I do not know why the food took 2 hours as half of it showed up cold. All the food was over cooked and one person in our party had a steak that was half over cooked and half under cooked.

The decor was decent, and I'm sure that during the day the view is nice. Giving it a two based on the decor and that no one was outwardly rude to us, just unattentive.

1  Thank Lar1ssaTravels
Reviewed 27 March 2013

We tried the new restaurant and loved it. The ocean front setting was just spectacular and the decor was bright and cheerful, and the prices were very reasonable. I loved the chicken fajitas (done in a modern style). We'll definitely be back.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

A friend of mine and I came to Saturday night dinner while on a getaway. We found the decor to be beautiful. Elegant white on white, glass terrariums dangling from the ceiling, white sparkle lights, and an unbeatable view of the surf. And that's where mot of the good ends. Service was S-L-O-W. As in, I got one drink, asked for a refill when my entree came out, and didn't get it until dessert. Each course came out at a painfully dragged out pace. There were only two other parties in the restaurant when we arrived, both of whom were finishing up their desserts. So really, what could possibly be taking so long? I had the Leaded Potato Soup (I think they meant "Loaded") which was terrible. It was lukewarm at best, grainy and watery at the same time, and included flavors not typically found in a baked potato, soup or otherwise. I also ordered the Baja Sliders. Those were OK. The meat was well flavored, if slightly over-cooked. The buns were soft and warm. The "fries" that came with the dish were chips. Not fancy-schmancy English "chips"...but actual potato chips. Admittedly, they appeared freshly sliced and fried in house, but when one reads "fries", one expects FRIES. Had they said chips and I assumed I would receive fries, that would be a whole other story. My friend ordered the tomato-cream soup and Mexican caprese. I had wanted to order that but luckily thought to ask the waiter what made the caprese "Mexican". Turns out it's the typical caprese of tomato, basil, and cheese...but goat cheese (which I hate). And additionally, the tomato soup was obviously not cream-based. The chef walked out a few times and chatted with guests, which I liked. He even brought a pot of something out and ladled it directly at the table to the guests behind us. I asked what it was and he explained it was hot chocolate. Well this I had to try. It was delicious. Obviously the food and drink are made in house and with care, however, I think they are trying too hard to be different. Fries should be fries. Changes in typical menu items should be well marked, i.e. baked potato soup does not need bell peppers, and fresh goat cheese is nothing like mozzarella. One person should not be the bartender, waiter, and maitre'd. This leads to guests waiting around for everything from seating, to drinks, to food and follow-up.