“The Best Steak Sandwich in the World!!”

El Gaucho Argentino
Ranked #8 of 180 Restaurants in Rosarito
Price range: US$2 - US$20
Cuisines: Argentinian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a small restaurant with big flavor. We offer Argentinian platters such as Lomito (Succulent Filet Mignon Sandwich), Empanadas with many different fillings and our famous Parrillada Argentina (Argentine Barbecue) every saturday featuring several high cuality meats. We are only a block away from the beautiful Rosarito Beach, and only 45 minutes south of San Diego. Stop by and see what all the talk is about. Make a day trip out of it and enjoy the beautiful scenery in Rosarito.
Reviewed 21 August 2014

This was the best steak sandwich I have ever had! The steak was so soft and flavorful with carmelized onions ! The empanadas were also delicious. The chimmichuri sauce was to die for. We took an extra jar of it home. The wait staff was fabulous, and it is a sort walk to the beach. This is a definitely an awesome spot. Don't miss it!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I have been trying to try this place. Have gone 6 times and they have always been closed. I can't say the food is good or bad...I would say as a minimum though if you so exist as a restaurant you should at least be open when you say you are. 6 times isn't an accident.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 July 2014

A modest little place with the best-tasting beef I've enjoyed in a long time at a terrific price!
The place is small and casual but very friendly. I discovered it when visiting Rosarito for the first time, and enjoyed a delightful lunch steak for very little money.
It's a tiny no-frills restaurant but If you enjoy good steak then this is the place to g!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I've been to El Gaucho a couple times now. The first time I bought several strips of the BBQ as a to go & it was tender and tasted superb. The second time I dined in and had the Lomito plate. Absolutely perfect. Asked for medium rare and that's what I got. Again the flavor was exactly what I was looking for...yummy! The owner was there both times and did the cooking. I'll be coming back often as everything so far has been excellent and the people who provide the service are very kind.

2  Thank AnnIncolo
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My mother actually found this place and introduced me and thank GAWD for that!! The food here is amazing, it's lke you're sitting in their kitchen watching them make a homecooked meal just for you. Start with an empenada...any flavor will do and smother it in their chimmichurri sauce (sorry about the sp) Then try the lomita sandwich...it's basically two filet steaks on an crunchy yet soft roll. This place isa must try and will become a regular stop for you!!

2  Thank SamCarlson1