“Chicken Soup Stand out!” 4 of 5 bubbles

La Cazuela Del Mole
Ranked #20 of 153 Restaurants in Rosarito
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Los Angeles, California
“Chicken Soup Stand out!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

The skinny:

Parking- street if you can find it
Decor- colorful, carved tables and chairs
Service- very friendly
Food- yummy
Coke Factor- in a can

We came here with friends for dinner and were not disappointed. The food is very inexpensive and you get huge portions. All of the mole fans were raving at the flavorful dish but I ordered differently because I am not as adventurous. My hubby ordered the Chicken mole which comes with a bowl of chicken soup (uber delicious) and refried beans and rice. I ordered the chicken with shaved potatoes. The chicken was terrific and the shaved potatoes are actually potato chips homemade and deep fried, very addictive. The refried beans are also good. The meal is topped off with a dessert tamale with pineapple and coconut. There was so much food that I couldn't finish!

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank melobeam

Montclair, New Jersey
“Most Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Fantastic Mole sauce in this cute, colorful restaurant. Cash only, and closes at 8pm, but worth the trip.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank AFG51
Rosarito, Mexico
“Best Mexican Food on the strip in Rosarito Beach!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

This yellow house on the famous Blvd. Benito Juarez was converting into a restaurant and serves traditional Mexican cuisine specializing in chicken mole. I've eaten here many times with my husband and we both loved everything we tried. You cannot go wrong at La Cazuela del Mole. Everything on the menu is good and the prices are moderate. I'll go back again.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Jackie D
california
“Bright and Comfortable in Downtown Rosarito”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

My husband ate here every day for a week. My favorite was the Sope - especially the Chorizo. The vegetable soup was amazing. I can't usually drink coffee in the states because it bothers my stomach, but their coffee was mild and didn't bother me at all. We paid about $3-$4 for lunch or breakfast each. The indoor sun room is right on the street with open windows on 2 walls and makes you feel like you're sitting on the patio and are right in the middle of what is going on. The staff is very friendly and the food was scrumptious. The restrooms were cleaner than any I have seen in Mexico. There was an enclosed outdoor play area for kids under 10 with big wheels and plastic slides. Great find and a must stop if you're in Rosarito.

• Visited February 2014