“Not so great”
Review of Playa del Paraiso

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Felipe
Playa del Paraiso
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in San Felipe
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Me and some friends went to San Felipe for my friends 21 birthday the room was nice but we had no service at all no house keeping and at the end the tried charging us for some towels that had make-up that would of came off it put in washer also the hotel doesn't look anything like the website says it only has a quarter of wat is showed. If who ever is reading this plans on going to stay here I would not recommend to stay there

• Stayed: June 2013
22  Thank mendoza-4

Reviewed 30 July 2013

This is an unfinished condo project where they rent out the model condos by the day. If you can live with that, they are spectacular condos! We stayed in a spacious 2 bedroom suite with fully equipped kitchen and huge patio. The small plunge pool was great for my hangover. Downside: a bit far from downtown and taxi service is 'Mexican style," so plan well in advance. No food/drink services at all, but if you bring your own groceries, it would make a great base camp for a family. No one was in the office when we arrived, so we hung out for 30 minutes until the on site manager returned from lunch. Next time I would opt for something closer in, albeit probably more colorful.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
12  Thank stevelup
Reviewed 11 July 2013

The hotel is far away from the "Malecon" and there is no restaurant inside the hotel. We paid $139 per night and there was no tissue paper, no iron table, no iron and no hair dryer. There is no phone inside the room, so if you need something you need to go to the reception area to get it. We were warned that if we stain the towels we were going to pay $35 dollars. We were also given a list of of prices if we were to break any of the furniture.

Room Tip: Wait until the resort is completed
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
13  Thank Judith M
Reviewed 3 July 2013

The buidling and condo itself are very, very nice.The manager is very friendly and helpful. The security is on the job...even at night. They seem serious about keeoing the patrons and thier cars etc safe. Very clean condo and it is better equipped than most homes. Balcony was awesome! They only thing I can say that is less stellar than that has to do with the beach itself. It is rocky and hard to walk on. Even it it were not for this reason you still would need to keep your sandals on due to broken glass bottles in the sand.It is more than just a cleanliness problem. I had to scan a path for my kids to walk behind me because I found several large pieces of tops of bottles and shards of glass on the sand. I recommend they hire some sort of sifter and pull out anything larger than the sand, which is course but acceptable without the hazards in it. There are also a billion small shells in the sand which are actually sharp-edged, so they may as well take them out and make the beach truly a master piece while they sift out the glass. The walkway from the pool area to the beach is not as refined as the condo itself, so there is a big mis-match there even before you step onto the sand. it is the best place to stay for sure but they can make it so much better if they fix up that sand.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank richard s
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I am so looking fwd to been in the most beatiful luxury and cleanest Hotel in San Felipe my husband and I make plans 5 months ahead to sure that everthing is covered and we are never dissapointed for speding the time to assure we have all that we need to have a better time then the last time. This is my 4th time and its never the same and the road is never the same and it does not get old it gets even better, i guess been with a person that makes you trip worth while and the satff and everyon at Playa del Paraiso make this possible and I am so sure that the 5th tme will be better the first breath taking. Bring enough closth do not over pack but if you do they have washer and dryers in the 1 bedrooms with your own private balcony can't ask for anything better no crowd kids crying drunk that can't settle down. The sunset are always breath taking it if time stands still and 1 week seems like you just got there. Money is not even a subject compaired to the relaxsation and peacefulness you get. You get to the States and people seem to be on crack they are running around with their heads cut off.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
12  Thank SoniaLuvJose
Reviewed 3 January 2013

This place is all that the pictures show it will be. Very nice condos. Very spacious.
Things to know that were the only draw backs:
No TV's in bedrooms. Only 1 in living room. With a large group including kids (and video games) a little tough.
Kitchen all though well equipt with stove, oven and huge refrigerator had very little to assist in the kitchen. Not many pots and pans, no hot pads, etc. No soap for washing dishes, no trash bags, coffee filters. My experience has been that in other places, they don't leave plentiful amounts of these things but that they come daily to replenish and that wasn't the case here.
We visited in a cold month so perhaps if it were warmer, we would have been outside and none of this would have mattered.
The pool is NOT heated so it was icy cold. They do have an jacuzzi as advertised but it is an above ground one and it was not hot. They turned it on upon request. The beach is very close but is VERY filthy. Trash, trash and more trash. I've actually never seen a beach with more trash. Bring water shoes too because there is a lot of glass in the sand. Again, maybe this is better maintained in busier months.
Last time I visited, I stayed at the Sanddollar Condotel and the beach there was much nicer and very clean.
The beds were extremely compfortable. Slept well. HVAC seemed to work well although we only used the heat.
Overall, the place itself is gorgeous and has luxurous appliances and beds. The outside ammenities fell short I must say.
Oh, one more thing... there is an awesome clubhouse downstairs. We didn't use it because our condo was huge but they have one of those old pianos that you put the paper roll in and pump with your feet to make the music play. Can't remember what they're called but what fun that was.
If you go, drive south about 45 minutes, you can go to the hot springs. That was fun!

Room Tip: All the rooms looked nice and furnished in the same manner. I don't think you can go wrong with...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Julie G
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Bring your own food, laundry detergent and you will have th time of your life. The condos are wonderfully equipped n furnished. Great pool. I counted 8 beach chairs and over 15 outdoor chairs. So even on weekend everyone had a poolside chair. ATV rental, banana boat, coco n pineapple vendors all drive up to facility beachside offering services. Sunrise 4:45 am sea of Cortez and every room has perfect view. I rented a 2 bedroom condo it was spacious, quiet, safe and cool (a/c). Better weather than can un and less crowded.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
#2 of 15 in San Felipe
Don Eddie's Landing Hotel
Don Eddie's Landing Hotel
#1 of 7 in San Quintin

Been to Playa del Paraiso? Share your experiences!