“Adequate Rooms - Clean”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Felipe
George's Hotel & Restaurant Bar
Ranked #1 of 3 San Felipe B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 June 2013

The room was clean and furnished tastefully. Not enough towels and 3, 8 oz bottles of water was not sufficient. Three days and $415 later, the pool was clean for the most part but needed painted and had a lot of dead flies floating around which was a huge turn off. The restaurant is a definite NO and don't waste your time. We were a party of three and tried the Filet mignon, steak stir fry and the shrimp and pasta. The filet ordered medium, came out in 3 pieces, the baked potato was hard and barely warm, the steak stir fry was soaked with soy sauce and the shrimp with pasta alfredo was a disaster. The shrimp still had the tails on. The dining room was infested with flies and we couldn't wait to get out of there especially after a fly got stuck in the pasta alfredo sauce.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank andrew s

Reviewed 18 April 2013

George's Hotel in San Felipe offers simple rooms and an ok location. Rooms are clean, property is clean, staff is friendly. All tile surface (no ugly dirty carpet) is clean. They have a small swimming pool. They are located just one block from the beach and several blocks south of downtown and the Malecon. Walking to dinner and points of interest is possible. They are next door to a very good steak house (El Nido). The similarly priced El Cortez Hotel with it's Barefoot Bar and beach patio restaurant is just a few blocks south. It is possible to book George's on a USA website so you know you have a room, know your price and have a confirmation number. They give you free purified water in room. This place has the potential to be a good place to stay. Regret the night I was there the hot water did not work in my room, I had to take a cold shower. Also they had several noisy party makers in and near the hotel making it difficult to sleep. Staff was friendly at check out just like check in. Weather in San Felipe generally very good. Good place to motorcycle, fish, relax, not too much else going on. Walk the malecon around dinner time to people watch and have dinner or a drink, it is the hub of cruising, socializing, music etc. I would stay here again, not great, not terrible but a pretty safe bet. Some of the other hotels in the area are pretty run down, this one is decently maintained and friendly.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank ElGuapo49
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Stayed here for one night, it's a very nice hotel compared to another one that shall remain nameless. Most of the rooms are remodeled, some have newer TV's, some have older TV's. We got a room with an older TV that didn't work, the hotel manager was informed and they changed it asap. I don't if it's because we went during the off peak season, but the hotel had a dusty funky smell (not horribly bad odor) just when a room has been accumulating dust for awhile. The restaurant on the property has delicious food, that's a plus.
I am not saying i'm not gonna stay again, but I would like to stay at another hotels in the area as long as prices are not expensive.. :)

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank joegar84
Reviewed 26 November 2012

I stayed here for the Baja 1000 for two nights. The pictures can be a little misleading as not all the rooms are newly redone. If your just looking for a place to sleep this is good, nothing fancy. The rooms are clean, I noticed we didn’t get new towels on the second day after our room was cleaned. There is no blanket and no phone in the rooms but I guess you can request them from the front desk.

I stayed there with a group of eight people and didn’t get a noise complaint :-D the location is not far from downtown/beach area so if you want to hit up a bar or shop it’s walking distance. Overall a good place to stay I would stay there again if needed.

Room Tip: Bring a blanket if you get cold at night and you should be good!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Calijewel
Reviewed 2 August 2012

We had a large, nicely decorated, clean room at a great rate. Bacilio at the front desk was very friendly, spoke English very well, and was clearly there to make sure your stay was pleasant. The pool and grounds were kept very clean; the staff was sweeping all day. The pool area is surrounded by tropical plants, really nice, and there are lots of seating areas including several in the shade.

Room Tip: If you need internet access, ask for a room closer to the restaurant. Otherwise, sit by the pool, or...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank mel150
Reviewed 8 July 2012

After going to and leaving what are called the best hotels in San Felipe, we went to Georges as a last chance. We were pleasantly surprised at the nice CLEAN rooms that were updated, other local hotels are dirty and have not seen new bedding for 30 years. Hotel staff were great and friendly. Pool area was nice and kept clean, actually the whole place was kept clean. A/C worked great, and it was very hot outside. TV didn't have very many channels, but they had wifi. No phones in the rooms, but that was fine with us. All in all a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Gina O
Reviewed 29 May 2012 via mobile

Overall I give it a 5 because it's a nice hotel, so close to the beach & malecon, the pool is decent, the room was clean, the AC worked great and the hotel staff was very nice. I even left my iPhone in the room after I checked out and they brought it to me! I will definitely stay there next time I go to San Felipe... But I will NEVER go to their restaurant again!!!!

I only gave it a 4 for cleanliness because the pool's bathroom didn't have toilet paper, soap or paper towels.
For service... Hotel service would be a 5, restaurant service, a 1. My boyfriend and I went there for a shrimp cocktail and 2 beers... It was 30$'s! Then when we told them we weren't eating dinner there, they came and cleared our table before we were done! My bf went to buy ice from there the next day, and they told him ice was 2$'s a bag, bu when they went to give him his change, they charged him 3$'s each! Not cool.

I wouldn't have anything bad to say about the hotel itself...I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Van_herrera

Been to George's Hotel & Restaurant Bar? Share your experiences!