“Terrible service”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
“Terrible service”
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I have been to this place twice, yet, I have not had any food there. Both times we were seated but were not given menus. I flagged a waiter down and said we would be right over with the menus and to take our drink order. He just kept walking by, seating incoming patrons with their menus in hand. I had to ask a third time and was finally given the menus after being seated for 10 mins. Ten more passed and no one had come by our table so we decided to leave. This happenned twice, months appart. I thought the first time might have been a fluke, the second time confirmed it wasn't.

Visited November 2012

Rosarito, Mexico
“Always great and nice change of pace”
Reviewed 11 April 2013

This review is actually for their Rosarito location but been to both and they are both great.

This is a nice change of pace of the usual heavy "combinacion mexicana" that many tourists order to get a sampling of cuisine. Mole is something not too many tourists know about.

Recommend ordering the Mole Poblano, the House Specialty, for your first try here. If desired, the cook will remove the bones. It's a wonderful flavor, but for some its an acquired taste. Give it a try, you might be surprised. For me it was love at first bite and I have been going to both these locations for a number of years now.

Mole Poblano is all I ever tried here. It's that good, but I'm sure there are equally tasty items offered here as well.

The freshly made corn tortillas will spoil you and you'll never want store bought tortillas again.

Highly recommend this place

• Visited April 2013
“Good old fashion mole”
Reviewed 27 March 2013

The chicken en mole is the best I have ever had that wasn’t home made. The quality of the food is only out done by the service. The atmosphere is inviting and relaxing. The staff is friendly and accommodating. It has always been a good dinning experience here.

• Visited April 2012
Boulder, Colorado
“Good”
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Nice little place. Homemade chips are good, not greasy. Guac was good. You get a soup, a chicken cilantro maybe? It was good, just broth and rice. Mole poblano was good, but standard beans and rice accompanyment. My mom did not love her chicken fajitas. Then you get a free sweet tamale. It's a bargain like most in TJ and good, just not exciting to great. I also had the prickly pear juice- nice way to try the nopales cactus if you have not.
Friendly service.

• Visited January 2013
Atlanta, GA
“Best Mexican Food in Tijuana”
Reviewed 18 August 2012

The mole is the best I have had. The mole sauce is rich and tasty. The guacamole is good as is the chicken soup. I highly recommend this restaurant as it is a hidden gem in Tijuana. You get a lot of food for the money and the service is excellent. There is also a man playing the piano which adds to the wonderful atmosphere.

• Visited August 2012