“Not As Good As Expected”
Review of Cheripan

Cheripan
Ranked #68 of 577 Restaurants in Tijuana
Price range: US$25 - US$40
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Boulevard Salinas & Boulevard Sanchez Taboada
San Diego, California
“Not As Good As Expected”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I was walking by Cheripan one day and a waiter came out and he was so kind and showed me around the restauant with a great sense of pride. I returned several weeks later for my first visit, but he was not there and the service I received was confused and only fair in quality. The cut of beef I ordered was dull. I have not returned, but I might one day. The interior is nicely decorated and the dining rooms have several different levels.

• Visited October 2013

Visited September 2013
Tijuana, Mexico
“really bad”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I've been here probably four times. The 3rd and 4th times were just because it was the only place open or out of necessity. This place looks kinda nice but its really bad. Cocktail is made of chemical grossness. This beef thing was so acidic it burned the beef and our mouths. The "20 vegetable soup" or something like that had like 2 vegetables in it and it looked pretty old. The food quality in general is pretty poor. I'd give 1.5 stars and never go.

• Visited July 2013
Tijuana, Mexico
“Service is important !!”
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Cheripan Rio used to be one of my favorite restaurants.
Salads, Empanadas and Meats are always great.
But Service, OMG. We had a terrible one yesterday night and that is not something you expect from a nice and classy restaurant. The places closes at 10pm, and we arrived at 9pm asking first if we were on time ordering and eating. Offcourse, they told us that we could stay until we finish what we ordered. Offcourse it wasn't true and the waitress came saying nothing and putting our drinks in a disposable glass and taking our plates away.
For me, service is the most important part of a restaurant, so it is not anymore one place I would go again to have a nice and relaxing dinner.

Jazmin

• Visited June 2013
“Great”
Reviewed 16 May 2013 via mobile

This place is very nice. The servers and hosts gave us a lot of attention and the food was great!

Five star restaurant, but if you're paying in US dollars then the prices are like a three or two star restaurant.

The pizza was good I got the vegetarian pizza and also the steak sandwich was great too because Mexican beef is much better than American beef.

• Visited April 2013