All reviewsgolf coursehospital roompool and hot tubpool areadental clinicthe room service menuplace is greatking bedrestaurants and barsup to datefront desk staffsan ysidrozona riovery nice hotelfloorlobbyoxygen
Reviewed 29 August 2017

When you walk into the lobby it is a very stylish modern hotel. The views are nice as we were on the 17th floor. Wait till you get to the rooms. Our room was roomy enough but poorly laid out. Dark in most areas. The rooms need a serious remodel and paint job. People we were associated with noted that there bathroom appeared to have black mold (unconfirmed). We only stayed the one night. Not to mention the bed had no box springs and felt like we were sleeping on rocks.

Room Tip: Find somewhere else to stay for your own well being.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 July 2017

I had a 4-night experience at this hotel and disappointed because of the evident need to remodel the standard rooms (e.g. look old, not very clean, cheap shower head, low grade amenities), need to standardize these rooms (during my stay I had to change rooms and noticed differences) because some have/do not have luggage rack, and have different TV size, and need to change the photos as standard rooms do not have a sofa and reading lamp. Beware the photos of many portals as well as the hotel webpage display old photos. Current rooms do not look like the photos.
Cleanliness needs to be reinforced at standard rooms walkways, rooms, towels, beds. The second room I was changed into, smelled to alcohol and like a hospital room. I just hope there is no post surgery patients in this rooms, as a common practice because it could violate sanitary and health regulations.
Breakfast is probably the best experience of all. good service and many options.
Registration software and service processes need to be improved as they have problems when registrating prepaid rooms for large meetings (i.e. when company pays or send letters, so users do not have to pay for room and food). Service and custromer focus training is needed for some reception staff members (ladies) and some of the cafeteria administrative role members.
NOW, if you stay at upgraded and remodeled rooms (premium rooms), the story is different. I had the opportunity to sleep on 25 floor for one night and this rooms and cleanliness standards seem to be totally different vs standard rooms and floors.
This rooms are lot nicer, stylish and with different amenities.

Room Tip: pay premium rate rooms. standard double rooms are outdated
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

The first impression when you get into your room must be for a relax with a cool place to do it, but today it was the worst day since last month, the room was so hot an moist that I felt I was on the beach with the windows open, really bad, I called the front desk and the lady there told me it was fine like that (whatttt???) and the hote A/C was the same in the whole hotel so it was nice for her, after a short complain she sent the maintenance perdon el but guess what... they said it was cooling fine!!! So short story, the gave me another room, same hot but with a little more of fan...

Nobody could do nothing, but by the way the gym was as sane as the room temp... HOT AND MOISTY!!!!

Anyhow hope someone can help the costumers on this topic...

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 July 2017

It's a nice hotel in the Zona Rio district of Tijuana. I had to stay in Tijuana due to a medical procedure and opted for this hotel due to its good reviews and proximity to the US border. I had arrived at noon and the room was ready. The rooms are pretty average, feature-wise. The room I was in had a large queen bed (the length seemed short, but maybe I am too tall) with more pillows that I could count. There were maybe 7 or 8 pillows of like 3 different sizes. I found this quite amusing. The room also had two large windows offering incredible views of a golf course and the surrounding hills. Really the highlight of my stay. I did not order any room service although the prices seemed REALLY accessible (6-9 USD average meal ~2 USD soft drinks and beer). Wifi was free and fast. (Tip: they do make you "check-in" to the hotel on Facebook in order to use their wifi; if you don't want your friends to see that you've checked in you can change privacy settings so that only you can see the post).

Other than that, the room did feel a little outdated. They say it's all about the details and it's amazing how true that statement is. Some of the things that really struck me as odd: coffee maker in the bathroom with no coffee packs. Separate water faucet in the bathroom sink for "filtered potable water." The carpeting in the room as well as in the hallways looked like it's been there since the hotel was built. There were cracks in parts of the bathroom flooring and stains on the little table in the bedroom. The hotel advertises itself as a casino resort, but when I asked the attendant downstairs I was told the casino was closed down in 2015 by the city. There were large "CLAUSURADO" signs stuck to the front doors. It kind of gave off a sketchy vibe to be honest.

To conclude, I'll say this hotel offers great value for your money. $80 per night will get you, at most, a night at a Travelodge in the states, so if you are on a budget and aren't too picky with your lodging I'd say give this place a shot. I was only here for one night and had the option of staying stateside, in nearby San Ysidro but for the same amount I'd have spent it on a cheap roadside motel. Of course in Mexico your dollar goes much, much further. Just don't expect Hyatt or Marriott level service.

Room Tip: Try to pick a room with views of the golf course for a nice view.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel in Zona Rio. The staff is very friendly and always ready to assist. The rooms are very clean and well equipped. I ordered from the room service menu and it was the best fajitas I ever had. There is a golf course close to the hotel.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family