“Medical Stay”

Hotel Lucerna Tijuana
Ranked #5 of 45 Hotels in Tijuana
Reviewed 31 July 2013

We stayed at this Hotel on a strong recommendation from staff at Hospital Angeles. My wife had some surgical work done and we wanted to remain somewhat close to the hospital. The immediate district area is peaceful, clean and safe. Starbucks right across the street and many many high quality restaurants in a 10 min walk radius. The hotel has 2 restaurants and a bar - all extremely nice. Well furnished, clean, friendly bilingual staff. No hot tub. The hotel provided a wheelchair for my wife to move around (I understand that this was the only one - good thing no other parties required it). Their was a problem with my Expedia booking. Expedia did not send in my fully paid reservation, and as such no room was reserved. Although the front counter was accommodating in helping us contact Expedia, they should have offered to book us in sooner and sorted out the details afterwards. I eventually had to suggest such, after a frustrating 45 minutes trying to get through to Expedia on a Sunday evening. There are no personal safes in the rooms, something of which I have grown to appreciate. Oh, and the shuttle should be an automatic transmission, because the driver had a heck of a time with the manual. It was not a pleasant shuttle ride from the hospital to the hotel, the day after my wife's surgery. I would definitely stay again and strongly recommend it to anyone travelling in the area.

Room Tip: They have rooms that walk out directly to the pool deck.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Corncobs

Reviewed 17 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel and my family enjoyed it. Most of the staff very attentive and friendly. We did not try the restaurants but their menus looked delicious! The rooms are small but comfortable and A/C, WiFi, and shower operating in order. The swimming pool area very clean except it is not smoking free. The hotel is located on Paseo de Los Heroes close to Plaza Rio (0.6 miles walking distance) where you can find restaurants, movie theaters, and a lot of shopping places.
Why I did not rated it "Excellent"? I had problems with my electronic key and the ladies on the reception desk did not interrupt their conversation even though I smiled and waved my card to sign there was a problem with it; they ignored me and I had to wait for the third receptionist to finish with a customer to have my problem solved. Later, I returned to ask for some tourist (desk or pamphlets) information and her answer: "I don't know, check back there".

Room Tip: When making your reservation request a room in the main tower.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2013

This hotel has the most friendly staff! They are so helpful.......I have stayed twice because of its Staff, good beds and great location. The restaurant is also great! We really enjoyed the healthy options of green juice and egg white omelets .......

Room Tip: I have only stayed in the rooms facing the pool (4th floor). I am told that is a better choice than...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Christie L
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We stayed here while having dental work done in Tijuana. The hotel was close to everything, you felt safe and were in walking distance of a lot. It was very clean, the restaurant was open for people with fluctuating schedules. The staff was very helpful. I will be staying here again when I go back in September.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Michelelk733
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I Traveled to Tijuana Mexico For Medical Tourism and Stayed Here During a Doc Vist. The minute I walk in Very Good Service while they welcomed you. The Hotel is has a clean modern lobby. You Check in and The door Keys are handed to a Man who walks you to your room and carrys your luggage,and tells you if you need this or that just ask,I tip him a few bucks. The room was decent and very clean and updated too. Felt Comfortable asking the housekeeper in the hall,if it was safe to walk in the Zona Rio,She said yes just before dark your safe. I would recommed this place to everyone,seen a lot of Americans staying here as well I think its a Fave. Overall you feel Safe. Good Nite Rest,I couldn't believe I was in Tijuana.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 29 May 2013

This hotel is located on a well travelled street in Tijuana. It has great service. The restaurant is also very good. If you can stay in the tower rather than in the back rooms. If you like swimming, you will love the pool. Not too big, but very welcoming. I always feast secure in the hotel. No issues.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 March 2013

It's a good room really clean with confortable beds. The housekeepers were gentle but some ladies at the reception looked at me weird. I called to make external calls and they never answer me I had to go at the front desk... and this is crazy expensive like 1$/min for local calls. There's no desk in the room so that I can work. Breakfast is excellent but the restaurants there are expensive. The laundry service is also really expensive. 2$ for a pair of socks... that's the price of the socks ! I got problems with the toilet and they repaired it 3hours later. The guys at the door are really nice.
So it's a nice room and a nice hotel with a nice backyard but some services are too expensives and sometimes slow.

Room Tip: There's some (2 or 4) renovated rooms in the last floor and they are nicer.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business