“Good, but could be better!!!”
Review of Real Inn Tijuana

Real Inn Tijuana
Ranked #15 of 43 Hotels in Tijuana
Sao Paulo, Brazil
“Good, but could be better!!!”
Reviewed 26 January 2013

I stay at Camino for three days only. I was on a business trip and the last thing you want in these situations is become without communication with your family. When I saw the hotel's website I couldn't believe that the wi-fi connection has only by purchase. Ok, it wasn't too expensive.I'm not an spanish expert, but I'm sure the attendand gives me a rate/day more than ten times over the correct price. Just a communication problem, not a big issue.

Big room, wonderful bed, powerful air-conditioning system, nice shower, not so good TV options, but that's ok!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Polish first
Corona, California
Reviewed 18 December 2012

I've stayed at this hotel at least 6 times and consider it one of the two best hotels in the city. The last time was a problem though beause when I arrived they didn't have my reservation which was made through expedia. So I paid cash and didn't think much about it. However, I noticed later that expedia deducted my hotel stay from my credit card. I have since been unable to resolve the problem with the hotel and expedia. I actually blame expedia for this.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 19 July 2012

The hotel itself is not ugly or anything and very clean, i just didnt feel to safe with the area.. there are some great places to eat around there, however for the amount of $$ we paid i feel we got a good deal.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 17 March 2012

The place was nice. The staff was friendly. It was located in the central business area around 2km from the border. The rooms were comfortable and spacious. Really the place was good all around and a decent place to stay in TJ. I would say I felt safe in the area too, as much as I could not knowing TJ well. I ended up with free wifi too which was a nice bonus because I don't think it's always included.
Gym was small.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank cozziad
San Diego, California
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I arrived late on Saturday and needed a place to stay in Mexico normally I stay at the Marriott but they were completely full...So I saw the Camino Real checked it out....Worst idea ever. I arrived asked pricing for the room and they said $103 a night which is fine so I got the room. When I signed my paper work the left off the "Price" for some reason and I ask why he stated "no dont worry it is only $103 USD." Mind you it also took this moron 20 minutes to check me in..... Anyways the next morning I got up to check out and the line was about 20 people long.... I waited OVER AN HOUR before finally walking to the front of the line asking if I needed to stay in the line to check out and they said "yes" I told them I had a flight to catch but STILL said I needed to wait, or I could just leave my key and go with out any paper work.... I had a flight and so I left the key and ran....So the next morning I look at my Credit card and they charged me $2020 MX or $175...which means they added and extra $72 to my bill..when I called I couldnt get a good reason. This place is a joke, and these Chavos owe me a free hotel room. GO TO THE MARRIOTT they have better rooms, food, service, and the Marriotts worst room is better than Caminos...PLUS ITS ONLY $80 at the MARRIOTT!

Room Tip: Go to the Marriott. If you get a room on with an 18 infront of the number that means you have to tak...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank alexb104

Travellers are raving about these Tijuana hotels

California
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Everything was decent. Staff was fine. Location is great- near my doctor, across from mall. Great restaurant near by that staff recommended. My only complaint is that it is too expensive. I got a discount because my doctor has some sort of deal set up with them, but it was still expensive.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed 19 September 2011

I was expecting a better experience in this pretigious brand, but I found a lot of bad things.

A list of all my bad experiences:
-15 minutes waiting at the check in. Only one employee working in front desk.
-A nail and hairs in the bed.
-TV and a walking machine weren´t working at the gym. 45 minutes waiting for the remote control.
-I went to the front desk to talk about all the problems and the Manager was in a meeting. I left my telephone number and nobody called me. I also send and email and the didn´t answer.

I understand that a hotel can have problems, but It is not possible that they dont´t have any customer service orientation.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business