Real Inn Tijuana
US$92
US$75
Travelocity
US$39
All reviewsgreat mallgreat showerone night stayhotel chainbusiness triproom service was greatwould definitely stay here againnice hotela great place to stayrooms are spaciousfront desk stafftjintersectiondentist
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 February 2013

Camino Real is usually nice, but the rooms in the Tijuana hotel are old. The mattresses are old, they are uncomfortable, and the linens are disgusting. The walls are paper thin so we were woken up at 6 am because that's when my neighbor set his alarm for. And the bathtubs are high, so it is very dangerous to get in and out of there. There is a sign that warns you of this, but still, it is a dangerous climb.

The staff is nice and helpful, but for the money you pay, I think there should definitely have better rooms.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank pbritocuevas
Reviewed 30 January 2013

I rarely stay in TJ, usually only going there for a day trip or to fly further south, but had a wedding to go to south of the border, and the gringo guests all stayed here. The rooms were spacious by any standard and comfortable. Conveniently located in the Zona Rosa, the Camino Real is a fifteen buck cab ride from the Otay crossing. Much closer to San Ysidro, but the pedestrian crossing there is a mess right now and we were carrying overnight bags and wedding presents, so we went Otay and paid the higher cab fare. We got our Internet free as part of a weekend deal.

The hotel looked business friendly; there were lots of rooms for conferences, which we didn't use, and also a gym, which we didn't use either.Both restaurants on the property were decent but neither was spectacular. You don't have to drag yourself out of bed to check out if you've been helling around TJ all night; checkout is 1 PM.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2013

I stay at Camino for three days only. I was on a business trip and the last thing you want in these situations is become without communication with your family. When I saw the hotel's website I couldn't believe that the wi-fi connection has only by purchase. Ok, it wasn't too expensive.I'm not an spanish expert, but I'm sure the attendand gives me a rate/day more than ten times over the correct price. Just a communication problem, not a big issue.

Big room, wonderful bed, powerful air-conditioning system, nice shower, not so good TV options, but that's ok!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 December 2012

I've stayed at this hotel at least 6 times and consider it one of the two best hotels in the city. The last time was a problem though beause when I arrived they didn't have my reservation which was made through expedia. So I paid cash and didn't think much about it. However, I noticed later that expedia deducted my hotel stay from my credit card. I have since been unable to resolve the problem with the hotel and expedia. I actually blame expedia for this.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 July 2012

The hotel itself is not ugly or anything and very clean, i just didnt feel to safe with the area.. there are some great places to eat around there, however for the amount of $$ we paid i feel we got a good deal.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple