I stayed at the Camino Real on business and was underwhelmed by the whole experience. First, I have to confess that I didn't think much of the city itself, which is crowded and totally devoid of character. The hotel is big and boxy with nothing to recommend it. The carpets are old and worn and really make the place feel dated. In addition, the service was really frustrating-- the check out lines were so long that I actually delayed checking out a couple of times because of the wait.
On the plus side, the bedrooms are large and the beds were comfy. Moreover, they did not have polyester bedspreads, which represent a big "yuk" factor for me. Finally, the breakfast buffet had a lot of choices, including fresh tropical fruit, for a good price.
Finally, I gather this is a good bet because there simply aren't any high end hotels in Tijuana. So I would recommend that, if possible, cross the border and take advantage of San Diego's hospitality.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Real Inn Tijuana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camino Real Tijuana Hotel Tijuana
- Camino Real Hotel Tijuana
- Hotel Camino Real Tijuana
- Tijuana Camino Real Hotel