“Average at best.”

Ranked #23 of 46 Hotels in Tijuana
San Diego
“Average at best.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2008

I found Villa Zaragosa Hotel to be average at best. Front desk person does not have a perosnality and is a bit rude. Rooms are ok. Have not stayed at this hotel more than 1 day at a time. Location is ok and not far from Revolucion.

I booked a room through their website requesting 1 room with two beds. I received a confirmation via e mail. So all is good, right? WRONG! Upon arriving the man at the front dest informs me that he doesn't have any rooms available per my request. All he has NOW are suites. Of course this will cost more money. Luckily I printed out the confirmation. I pull out the confirmation and show him what I requested and the hotel confirmed. He gives me a dirty look and reluctantly gives me the suit for 56 dollars. I believe the regular price of a suite was 76 dollars.

As i'm checking out the following morning the man at the front desk tells me his security guard informed him I had girls to my room the previous night. Which is complete BS! I told him that is not possible. Your security guard is mistaken. He then gives me a dirty look and reluctantly gives me back my deposit. It was obvious to me he was trying to make up the money he lost renting me the suite at a two bed room cost. Other friends of mine have experienced the same problem.

I recommend Hotel España on Revolucion. Clean, front desk personel is very friendly, AND right on the main drag.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Front Desk Staff
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank HspncElvis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Tijuana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2008

Is this a hotel or a prison? Last night, I tried to have a pizza delivered to my room but was rudely informed, by the desk clerk, that I was in violation of one of the hotel's rules. Seriously, what harm would there have been to have a pizza delivered? The clerk was not going to budge one inch so I decided to be in compliance with their rigid rule. Why pay $80 to be treated like this?

Stayed February 2008
2 Thank fredbi

Travellers are raving about these Tijuana hotels

Seattle
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2007

I chose this hotel based on the fact that there was a secure parking lot. This was about the only good thing about the place. Our room was smelly (it smelled like sewage), dimly lit, and overall unpleasant. The location was fine but since it's Tijuana, that doesn't mean much. They also gave us a room with one bed instead of two, as I had requested. Finally, the wireless internet promised on their website didn't work. Although this hotel was not horrible, it was not worth the price unless you are very concerned about the security of your car.

• Liked — The location.
  • Disliked — The smell.
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank lisarose
san leandro, california
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2006

Villa Zaragoza's front staff can be rude, check in and check out takes very long! like 20-30 minutes. However, I return to this hotel because if you want to go to La Revolucion (downtown) TJ. You can walk there it's like one big block away, also there is a Restaurant called Ricardo's on the corner that is very good. The security guards are great. Mostly Spanish speaking though. But they always help us with our bags and watch over us because I usually go with my mom, kids and girlfriends. Overall it's ok, however it is not luxury or anything, it's dark in the rooms and they are just OK.

• Liked — location, you don't have to pay for parking to go to downtown tj
  • Disliked — Front desk staff can be rude, takes forever to check in and out
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled with family
3 Thank bayarea71
vail,colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2006

The "guide book" quoted rooms for $35.00/night. single charge was 55.00.
The room was dirty, smelled like urine......Do Not Stay!
I later stayed at the Hotel Lucerna for $65.00,clean, safe and
yes...... room service to boot!

• Stayed May 2006, travelled on business
1 Thank lbnomad
SIMI VALLEY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2006

Just returned from my 4th stay at this wonderful hotel. Garden rooms are spacious and quiet. Very reasonable at about $56 for two of us (two large beds). Good staff and security. It's a block away from everything but I use it as a jumping off point to other Mexican destinations. Booked it by their website and had no problems. I had a very late Friday night arrival and the placed was full but our room was waiting.

• Stayed July 2006
5 Thank CSTREETDAWG
San Diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2006

I've stayed at many hotels in Tijuana. Lately I prefer the Zaragoza. It is pleasant, safe and clean, and the garden terrace rooms are way off the street and quiet.

It is right off Revolucion, close to all of the night spots, restaurants and shopping. Read reports of taxi problems. Suggest you have desk call a cab. But everything is in walking distance.

The cost was $55.00 for 3 people on a Friday night.

• Stayed March 2006