La Villa de Zaragoza
US$59
Hotel Ticuan(Tijuana)
US$101
US$84
Aqua Rio Hotel(Tijuana)(Great Value!)
US$40
US$38
All reviewsdefinitely stay here againhour securityhotel roomtjmexico
Reviewed 20 April 2009

My car radiator went wacky on my on the 1 Highway and I made it to BMW Tijuana and needed a place close by and cheap. The place was $38 and has free wireless internet. The room is spacious, simple and the area quiet despite that it is in downtown TJ [not the perfect part]. The location is much better than the other hotels and not as much foot traffic. Ave Revolution is about 50 paces so you can go shopping. I got to my car dealership in less than 5 minutes to pick up my car and I am now on my way home.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 November 2008

I travel often to Tijuana. I have stayed at Hotels ranging in prce from 20 USD to 110USD, so I have kind of seen it all. I stay at the villa hotel primarily for the following reasons:

Location. This hotel is off Madero Street which runs one block paralel to Revolucion. The best thing is that it is away from the noise and routiness experienced on revolucion on late nights during weekends. Villa is behind the Jai Alai hall now refered to as "el foro" the forum, where lots of spectacles [mostly concerts] are presented. For those of you who like to follow celebrities, I have spoted rock band members from Lucybell, Cultura Profetica, and Fabulosos Cadillacs to name a few staying at the hotel... pretty cool experience for us fans. The other advantage to location is that Villa de zaragoza is located downtown, which in terms of transportation is great a great majority of tijuanas public transportation runs through the downtown area, particullarly on constitution street between 3rd and 5th streets. Note constitution runs paralel to Revolucion and Madero Street. This hotel is not located from other points of interest of the city, Zona Rio is blocks away, and if you want to go to Playas de Tijuana or Rosarito transportation is accessible and easily to coordinate in less than two buses with travel of up to 45 minutes tops, with buses running 15 minutes on average.

Price. Villa de Zaragoza is not highly priced, it is reasonable at 55-65 USD per night for a quiet secluded hotel in downtown tijuana. Plus for the price the staff are good at keeping the place decent, with no prostitution activity and provide security who seem to watch the place good, for I have seen them respectfully question visitors in order to ensure that the people are tenants of the hotels.

Staff. Although they might seem stiff and serious, they are very professional and helpfull. It takes for one to talk to them a few times and they they confortably treat you and conversate with you. One occassion when I went there for the second or third time, I left my credit card on the counter and imediatelly the gentleman came running behind me to give me my card. When I have requested to extend my departure an hour or so, they have been nice enough to allow me to go beyond the check out time. On occassions I have had to leave my belongings there after I have checked out and the staff have offered to hold them in their reception in a small locked office for several hours if needed.

I would recommend this for anyone who needs a safe, clean, comfortable place to stay. It is not luxurious like a sheraton pasadena or marriott atlanta, but it is not grimy like a motel six or an Hotel San Nicholas in Tijuana. I recommend paying in pesos and not dollars because their exchange rate is about .50 Mexican Pesos lower than the actual exchange rate. Lately [November 08] i have found the best currency trade places in Zona Otay offering the exchange for dollar to peso about 10-18 cents Mexican pso higher than those places in downtown. Sometimes Banco Azteca Offers high exchanges rates as well, if you are downtown you can find one on Constitucion street between 5th and 6th streets.

If you need a taxi, there is a taxi driver who parks outside of Villa de Zaragoza, his name is ruben and operates a Taxi Libre [ White Taxis with red accents, the cheapest taxi sindicate in all Tijuana]. this man is reliable and honest.

Enjoy your stay in Tijuana! need info, a tour guide or advice shoot me and email defmex@sbcglobal.net.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2008

I found Villa Zaragosa Hotel to be average at best. Front desk person does not have a perosnality and is a bit rude. Rooms are ok. Have not stayed at this hotel more than 1 day at a time. Location is ok and not far from Revolucion.

I booked a room through their website requesting 1 room with two beds. I received a confirmation via e mail. So all is good, right? WRONG! Upon arriving the man at the front dest informs me that he doesn't have any rooms available per my request. All he has NOW are suites. Of course this will cost more money. Luckily I printed out the confirmation. I pull out the confirmation and show him what I requested and the hotel confirmed. He gives me a dirty look and reluctantly gives me the suit for 56 dollars. I believe the regular price of a suite was 76 dollars.

As i'm checking out the following morning the man at the front desk tells me his security guard informed him I had girls to my room the previous night. Which is complete BS! I told him that is not possible. Your security guard is mistaken. He then gives me a dirty look and reluctantly gives me back my deposit. It was obvious to me he was trying to make up the money he lost renting me the suite at a two bed room cost. Other friends of mine have experienced the same problem.

I recommend Hotel España on Revolucion. Clean, front desk personel is very friendly, AND right on the main drag.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank HspncElvis
Reviewed 16 February 2008

Is this a hotel or a prison? Last night, I tried to have a pizza delivered to my room but was rudely informed, by the desk clerk, that I was in violation of one of the hotel's rules. Seriously, what harm would there have been to have a pizza delivered? The clerk was not going to budge one inch so I decided to be in compliance with their rigid rule. Why pay $80 to be treated like this?

Stayed: February 2008
3  Thank fredbi
Reviewed 30 December 2007

I chose this hotel based on the fact that there was a secure parking lot. This was about the only good thing about the place. Our room was smelly (it smelled like sewage), dimly lit, and overall unpleasant. The location was fine but since it's Tijuana, that doesn't mean much. They also gave us a room with one bed instead of two, as I had requested. Finally, the wireless internet promised on their website didn't work. Although this hotel was not horrible, it was not worth the price unless you are very concerned about the security of your car.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank lisarose