“Better than Caesar's and Villa Saverios”

Restaurante Casa Plasencia
Ranked #23 of 668 Restaurants in Tijuana
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Description: brother restaurant is Via Saverios--both reviewd in "GOURMET MAGAZINE", as notable restaurants
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Clearly, opinions will vary since personal taste is at the basis of restaurant reviews. For me, this is one of Tijuana's prime meat destinations (without an Argentinean flair).

I consistently order the grilled quail and am never disappointed. The Chinchulines (deep fried beef intestine) are a special treat and for many an acquired taste but Casa Plasencia prepares them to perfection and they too are a perennial favorite of ours.

The kitchen is more than willing and able to fulfill special requests and the bar does a good job with wine, beer and mixed cocktails.

Casa Plasencia attracts business people, politicians, families and foreigners. It's formal without being fussy and you are made to feel welcome regardless of your pedigree. Service is stellar, especially from Gaby who is one of the Plasencia Group's only female servers in their top-tier venues.

Parking is secure (valet and self) and the restaurant is located in a safe, busy part of town (across from the twin towers Grand Hotel Tijuana).

As of last month, they close Mondays so plan accordingly.

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for good food with a Spanish/Mediterranean/Mexican twist, then this is the place. I love the bar upstairs, it's comfy and they make you feel at home. Everything they serve is a delight. Next time you are in Tijuana make a point to visit, you not regret.

Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

I visit the restaurant for the salmon dish they serve. It's a very nice and calm place to take a good meal and get away from the city chaos.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I visited this restaurant for lunch. The food is a combination between Spanish tapas and traditional Mexican. The tapas were very good, I had the tortilla soup, duck and cheek taco. The tortilla soup was probably one of the best I ever had. For the main course I had the paella which was only OK, I would not order it again.

The service was very good and attentive. The selection of affordable wines is small, but this is common in Mexico.

Overall I will go back to this restaurant to have their tapas only.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Place was pretty bad and had a crowd in it which was surprising. I also hear its very popular with the locals. That said, I ordered stuff with my friends, four of us, and we all didn't like what we got. One of the only times in my life I ordered a lamb dish to be shared and none of us were willing to eat a single part of it. Rest of the food was bad, didn't look like it had any potential either. Shame because the guy that owns this restaurant owns other really nice restaurants.