Hotel Pueblo Amigo Plaza & Casino
US$92
Priceline
US$37
US$25
All reviewsfeeling safebreakfast buffetfriendly hoteltaxi standbeds were comfortablenice roomstayed one nightwould stay here againother hotelsamigosborderjackpottjdollarspromoyeashuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Stayed there for new years and at midnight no ones room keys worked!! Took me till 3am to be able to get to my room!! I didnt even get offered a free night or nothing!!

• Stayed: December 2011
3  Thank Surge1589
PuebloAmigoHotel, Manager at Hotel Pueblo Amigo Plaza & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

Surge1589:
Absolutely! It was chaos!!!! we purchased exactly one year ago, top of the line american product Vingcard, with total knowledge that service would be first class. If tripadvisor allowed me, I am able to display the letter of apology that I receive from the company Vingcard. 2012BUG, the called the virus that the Locks reported. They, at Vingcard, said that Marriott in SD, another hotel in Australia, one more in Mexico City and unfortunately PUEBLO AMIGO HOTEL & CASINO, were affected by this so called 2012BUG, please feel free to contact me, I believe you and everyone staying that night are entitled towards a free night, previous reservation with me, and of course subject to availability, during 2012.

Reviewed 2 January 2012

The hotel was decent, albeit a bit dated. Nice marble in the bathroom and the beds were comfortable.

The restaurant served the most intoxicating foods in the buffet which was annoying cause I'd just had surgery and could only eat broth :(

The sounds of slot machines could be heard in our room all hours of the night and day.

Keep an eye out of original artworks throughout the hotel. Some very lovely murals and sketches on walls.

Room Tip: I'd try to be on one of the higher floors. You should get less slot machine noise up that high.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
PuebloAmigoHotel, Gerente at Hotel Pueblo Amigo Plaza & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2012

Dear zedsmummy: The opening of the casino was an important event. Even though the casino has been wonderful landmark for Tijuana, it takes as a top priority the well being of our guests. Therefore, I appreciate your comment, I had couple of those myself, regarding gambling machines noise. as of March 15th 2012, we are going to be featuring in the two highest floors, 6th an d 5th, with special doors that will cut and filter the noise, offering a very quiet area. I hope you will contact me on your upcoming visit to our city and check out the improvements we have done. I hope you can join us for the traditional and delicous breakfast buffet!

Reviewed 22 November 2011

Very close to the Border. The staff was friendly and helpful and most spoke fluent English. The deluxe rooms are very affordable, spacious and lovely. Very nice bathrooms - marble. The room was very clean. The sheets and towels were pure white and smelled so fresh and clean. I can't say I have experienced that at all US hotels! I will definitely recommend this place and go there again. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 is that the casino is in the center of the hotel in an open area and all rooms are around it. You can hear the sounds of the slot machines when they really get going. But it really didn't disturb me too much.

Room Tip: Get a deluxe for 10$ more, and book on line, the rate is better!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
MorganClub, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Pueblo Amigo Plaza & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2011

Thank you for your review, I'm sorry about the noice from the Casino, we have done a great job minimizing it and we are working on keeping all the noice out where it belongs, the Casino.

Reviewed 21 November 2011

My wife and I have come to Tijuana, Mexico for the first time. We are Russian writers and journalists, both 60 years old. We have seen many people and are very, very hard to surprise.
And yet Gerardo Delgado of the Hotel Pueblo Amigo has pleasantly surprised us. The moment we saw him it was clear that his main gift was the human touch. There are people who are
thankful to life without saying it much. You recognize them by the way they walk, their posture or brow movement. And when you hear the first word you understand you met a brother, perhaps not by blood but by spirit. You can call Gerardo the man who carries sincerity.
Look at him and gone are any tension or thoughts that rascals, grabbers, boors exist among people. In him you see the main feature of an intelligent and decent man – willingness to help. Such people are few but it is them who make the country move ahead.
Mexico, we congratulate you on Gerardo Delgado! You can be proud.

Leonid Zharov. Tumen, Russia.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Leonidd Z
MorganClub, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Pueblo Amigo Plaza & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2011

Thank you for your great review. I have personally known Gerardo for many years and I'm proud to say that he has build lasting relationships with some many of our guests due to his hospitable personality. We in the hotel try to emulate his enthusiasm and charisma.

Reviewed 6 November 2011

I stayed one night at the Hotel Pueblo Amigo to try their casino and also to do some shopping. If you want to stay in a decent place in Tijuana but want to be super safe and near the border, this is where you should go. The best way to get there is to just walk across the border, follow easy directions, and 10 minutes later you will be at the hotel. You can also drive (it will take you less than 2 minutes after crossing the border), but then you will have to deal with the auto line going back.

This is a good 4-star hotel. There are only 120 or so rooms, it looks larger from the outside but there are only rooms on 2 sides of the hotel, the other 2 sides are walls. My standard King room was on the 5th floor with a decent city view through a very large window. Nothing was wrong with the room at all, the WiFi worked great. I read on TripAdvisor that the rooms might be noisy, but I was there on a Friday night and I could hear very little noise outside the room. I reserved the room on their website and paid about $85 which included breakfast and WiFi.

There is a fine casino in the hotel with hundreds of slot machines and also a few table games like blackjack. There are smoking and non-smoking casino rooms. To be honest I didn't come away a winner, but I still had fun and met some new friends.

There is also a sports book on-site which seemed to cover all major sports.

The buffet breakfast was first class with lots of selections (both Mexican and American) and very good food.

The main drawback to staying here is that although it's close to the border, it isn't near a lot of action other than what's in the hotel. There's an area next door called Pueblo Amigo which at one time was home to many restaurants, clubs, and shopping, but now it's more like a ghost town with 80-90% of the stores empty. There are a few businesses open but they cater to the locals. The best place within walking distance is a "Ley" supermarket which has good liquor buys. I bought a liter of Kahlua there for less than $10 - WAY less than the "tourist" liquor stores in Tijuana.

I felt very safe in the hotel and in the few blocks around it. I wasn't hassled at all and everyone was friendly. But I didn't venture much further. The next morning it was a short walk back to the border, maybe 10-15 minutes, and the waiting line was ONLY 10 minutes long (vs. 60-90 minutes for cars!)

This is a high quality hotel and they cater to Americans. Everyone speaks English and is very friendly. Although I didn't win anything in the casino, that won't deter me from coming back again.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the less noise from the casino below.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
MorganClub, General Manager at Hotel Pueblo Amigo Plaza & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2011

Thank you for your review, we hope it gives others a clear idead of our services and location.