“my experiences”

Ranked #11 of 43 Hotels in Tijuana
Corona, California
“my experiences”
Reviewed 16 September 2012

This is a nice hotel within walking distance of the border. I like everything about it BUT the front desk. They try but they are very unorganized. I've stayed here 10 times and I've had my rooms change from two queens to a single king. I've also had the price change. It's very frustrating.

Room Tip: get the name of the person you talk to when making a reservation.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Crestview, Florida
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Check in was fast and friendly. the room was standard king and was quite large for hotel room. Thought coffe maker came with this room, but told only suites have. No mini fridge which would have been helpful, but the food in the hotel was VERY good! We stayed a week and enjoyed trying new things. For hotel food, the prices were not that bed compared to the states. The best the hotel had was their staff. Everyone was very helpful. I just wished we spoke the language. That would have made a big differnce. As for the continental breakfast, on the internet it said choice of coffee or tea, two eggs andy style, and choice of fruit or juice. At the Patio (restaurant) cont. breakfast was same except two bread choices instead of eggs. Went to desk and explained I needed eggs, not bread. No problem, one was called americano cont. They easily changed my coupons. When served, it also included potatos and bread.
The taxes kind of sneek up on you at check out. $66.00 a night ended up being $85. Even so,good deal.

Room Tip: Get a room away from Caliente, the book making place across from the hotel entrance. It was loud no...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Good location although a little hard to get to without knowing the road tricks. Great staff. 5 Star service everywhere. Great bar. Good food at the restaurant and buffet, although a little overpriced on weekends.
No noise insulations. Humming sound in the room from some equipment, as well as noise from the street. Very noisy party on the front lawn drove us out of the room for a day.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stella A
new jersey
Reviewed 10 July 2012

I was nervous about staying across the border, but I was pleasantly surprised by the location, staff and cleanliness! Rooms are a bit dated , but for the price, I think it was perfect!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 24 May 2012

This casino hotel is right at the border in Tijuana, Mexico. We had a reservation for a Junior Suite with breakfast. When we arrived at the hotel, the valet parking took our car ( free of charge ) and we were pointed to the entrance.
Unfortunately, this was the entrance of the casino and we had to go through a baggage check. It is very embarrassing to open a suitcase in the middle of a busy casino. The check-in process was ok and the staff was friendly. This hotel is very noisy and you can hear the gaming machines all night.

Our room was just boring – everything was basic and besides the size, there was nothing “suite” in it. In the morning, we went to the breakfast area, which is right next to the gaming machines, and wanted to start our day with a nice breakfast. But our option “breakfast included” was only a cup of coffee, a glass of orange juice and 2 pieces of small “pan dulce” per person. Extra bread was extra.

For almost $100 per nite including taxes and fees, there are really much better places to stay in Tijuana for HALF the price.

Room Tip: I have no idea!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ingo S
California
Reviewed 14 May 2012

My husband and I had to spend one night in Tijuana because I was having eye surgery. My husband called this hotel and spoke to the manager who spoke English. The manager seemed all about helping us and even told us that he could give us a "speed pass" to drive back over the border quicker and we wouldn't have to sit in line. He also said their shuttle would take us back and forth to the dr office.

The room was a bit worn with dingy carpet. I was ok with that because the bedding looked clean. They did have free wifi which was a benefit.

After my eye surgery, we had dinner at the restaurant. I ordered a filet mignon with mushrooms and it was pretty good. My husband had a fajita style dish that was ok. The restaurant is next to the casino with no walls so you did have to listen to the machines while you ate.

At this point, we were ok with the hotel. It wasn't until we went looking for a poker machine that the website advertised for virtual blackjack that we found out they only have electronic slot machines. That was a bit disappointing since we don't like slot machines. We felt a little misled.

After that, we went to meet the manager and introduce ourselves. He seemed very nice and mentioned the speed pass he would get for us the next day and to find him in the morning. The next day when we went to go for my check up, the shuttle was nowhere to be found and they told us we had to ask in advance, nothing anyone told us. Also, when we inquired about the speed pass, we were told that they ran out of them. When we asked to see the manager, we were told it was his day off. We had to go back the following week for another appt and did NOT stay at this hotel. We have since found out that there were never any speed passes an it was just a ruse to get us to stay there. Very deceptive!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank Newc1
riverside
Reviewed 28 April 2012

The hotel has a great location minutes from the major zones, clean spacious rooms, professional staff that are willing to help, net access both in room and computers for guest use, good food from room service and the buffet. I visit Tijuana at least once per month and I will continue to stay at this hotel, it offers anything a guest could ask for at a reasonable rate.

Room Tip: When using the computers for guest use to insert the @ symbol press and hold alt and the numbers 6 a...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo