What a disappointment! Once you open the doors to the lobby you are greeted by the cigarette smoky air that is rushing to escape. That should have been an indication for me to turn around and find a better hotel, but the room could not be cancelled. When I inquired about the smoke I was informed the casino is smoke free. That was true only for the casino next to the open resturant, but there is also an adjacent casino room for smokers. Unfortunately they doors are never closed so all the smoke lingers throughout the entire open area. So if you are a smoker, you'll love it.
Note: a $50.00 deposit is also required for any incidental which is not disclosed until checking-in.
The rooms are adequate and in need of renovations. Not compairable to the pictures shown, but that is to be expected. You can see that in the décor, dingy grout in the shower, and the soiled carpet in the room and hallways. Don’t expect a good night sleep. The constant ringing and chimes from the slot machines and occasional uproars from customers can be heard in the room. If that is not enough the constant traffic noise of cars passing by on all the enterchanges can be heard.
The food was very disappointing. The filet mignon with steam vegetable was very bland and not cooked properly. Cheese is put into everything, the potatoes, soup, sandwiches, eggs. Service was slow and some of the staff members just ignore you when trying to ask for help. The breakfast was “supposed” to be included, inquire during check-in otherwise.....
Upon check-out we were given another surprise, we were charged for making local phone calls. Only the first one is free, the rest you have to pay for. That was not what we were told from the hotel operator and nowhere is that disclosed to you, not even in the hotel handbook.
Also note that the tag on the bottle water stating the bottle water is complimentary is deceiving, only the hotel labeled water is, not the one with the tag stating complimentary.
This establishment does not get a good endorsement and I’d suggest looking/researching other places.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pueblo Amigo Plaza Hotel & Casino is ideally situated in the exclusive Zona Río, part of the most important commercial and financial area in the city of Tijuana. It is the closest hotel to the U.S. border and is within minutes of strategic points such as Tijuana's International Airport and the city of San Diego.Hotel Pueblo Amigo boasts the famous "El Patio Restaurant" its daily breakfast buffet is traditional and well renown by locals. The prpperty offers unique in-house entertainment featuring a Sports Center, Casino and gaming rooms. High Technology is also available with WiFi In-Rooms and most public areas. We are happy to provide many other amenities including: a bilingual staff, private parking, round-the-clock security, Meeting and Banquet Rooms and a free shuttle to the U.S. border. Near the Hotel, there are two of the main hottest spots for dancing and enjoying the music of the moment, Alebrijes and Pasha! the best antros as of today, only at Pueblo Amigo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), TravelClick, Expedia, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Pueblo Amigo Plaza & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Pueblo Amigo Plaza Tijuana
- Hotel Pueblo Amigo Plaza And Casino
- Pueblo Amigo Hotel
- Pueblo Amigo Tijuana