Hotel Pueblo Amigo Plaza & Casino
Agoda.com
Hotel Ticuan(Tijuana)
US$89
US$81
Aqua Rio Hotel(Tijuana)(Great Value!)
US$40
US$38
All reviewsfeeling safebreakfast buffetfriendly hoteltaxi standbeds were comfortablenice roomstayed one nightwould stay here againother hotelsamigosborderjackpottjdollarspromoyeashuttle
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Pueblo Amigo for three days in September 2013 and really enjoyed the friendly and professional staff. The food was excellent, the casino was fun, and the overall service was great!

Room Tip: If you wish a quieter room ask for one above the 4th floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank fluevano
Reviewed 5 September 2013

The hotel is a former Holiday Inn, probably 40 years old. My room had not undergone a remodel, save for a new tv and bed, since it was built. Bath fixtures were rusted and worn and the toilet emitted a foul smell. The carpet was worn and the room lacked promised amenities like a coffee maker. The hotel atrium is now a casino and an announcer worked the public address system all night announcing winners. You could hear it clearly in the rooms.
There is no fitness center (despite the listing) and one of the two hotel elevators appears out of commission.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
7  Thank RodriguezLasVegas
PuebloAmigoHotel, Gerente at Hotel Pueblo Amigo Plaza & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

RodriguezLasVegas, We appreciate your comments. I have always consider them as a tool for improvement. Since the opening as Holiday Inn 19 years ago, we are proud to announce one more renovation for our Property. As I learned of your experience, I have to say that was a terrible exception rather than the rule. Unfortunately we stared with an ambitious renovation program in June 2013, As a manager of the property, I would like to invite you to visit our property, either as a mistery shopper or as my guest. All I want is the opportunity for you to witness before the tripadvisor community, the wonderful renovation, the new systems on heaters, air conditioning, the sealed mechanisms in every single door that lower in a great deal the casino ambiance. Fell free to contact Gerardo Delgado, Resident Manager. Love to hear from you.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

I just got back from TJ and had a grand stay of a time at Hotel Pueblo Amigo, which is not far from the border or downtown.

I was in TJ for med purposes, I needed cataract surgery and opted to get a 2nd opinion in TJ. The med office Codex Vision referred me to Pueblo Amigo as a good place to stay. I was in TJ for 3 days. First of all the staff were very friendly and helpful, one is usually greeted with a warm smile and how are you doing or can I help you with anything, type of attitude. Which makes for a enchanting background to a nice hotel. The grounds and hotel are kept very clean, yes there is gambling and this is probably how they pay a lot of bills. If I had a compliant, it would be that once or twice I heard BINGO, BINGO, BINGO that one of the machines has recorded in its memory while I was asleep. It was not that loud and I quickly went back to sleep.

The room was grand in nature and roomy in size. The bed extremely comfortable, the decor is professional and tasteful in me humble opinion. The bath room is large and done in marble type tile, has that rich feeling. The tub is very relaxing, I turned me ankle and took a couple hot baths and I am 5'10" and I was most comfortable soaking in said tub. A color TV worked well, stations in Spanish, I was in Mexico, additionally there was a writing deck, formal type sitting chair with ottoman and couple nite stands and dresser and sizable closet. My room was on the 5th floor and this provide a panoramic view of TJ and area.

As stated earlier, the grounds are lush and well maintained, as is the exterior. The lobby is large and inviting with its black mable flooring. Pueblo Amigo has a restaurant, that I found to be enjoyable and provides wide array of food styles and choices. I ate couple dinners here and the meals were fairly priced and the dishes were tasty to me. I felt I got great dinners for the price I paid. The waiter service was excellent. Just beyond the restaurant was the gaming portion of the hotel. The gaming and restaurant area is on ground floor and has 7 floors of open space above it. The side wall is made of glass and iron work from floor to ceiling, makes for great back ground as I would assend up the glass elevator to me room.

The hotel provided shuttle for me to med clinic and Jaun Carlos provided excellent service and very safe ride.

I live in Los Angeles area and often hear many negative things about TJ, my stay at Pueblo Amigo, with its professional and friendly staff reminded me of the rich heritage and pride that is Mexico! Perhaps I am over stating my stay, Pueblo Amigo provided me with fabulous service in a grand setting, what more is there to say?

BTW, I went with Codex Vision and now have 20/20 vision in me left eye, they were excellent too!!!

Room Tip: try to get upper floor facing or with view of TJ and Downtown area.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank michael d
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I stayed at the hotel because I was having elective surgery nearby and my room was booked through the company that coordinated my surgery. The night before the surgery, I stayed in one of the older rooms that had not been remodeled. Everything was clean and the bed was very comfortable but it was very out dated. I stayed at the hotel again after the surgery and was put in a remodeled room which was much better.
The hotel staff was absolutely outstanding!! Friendly, helpful, courteous and very accommodating. I did not eat at the hotel due to restrictions before and after surgery but the food looked very good, especially the buffet in the morning. I did not experience any smoke at the hotel, the area of the casino near the lobby is smoke free and I am very sensitive to smoke.
The one recommendation that I would have is that they get cable or satellite television with channels in English to accommodate English speaking guests. It seems that they get a lot of guests there that are having elective surgery nearby and need to rest in the room a lot.
I would stay here again if I were in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Marcie W
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Very clean rooms with first class service. We were in Tijuana for business and were able to relax and recharge in the evenings. The lively casino was available for those of us who wanted the stimulation, as well as areas of quiet for others. The rooms were a welcome sight in the evenings.
An island of comfort in a sea of confusion and distraction.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business