“Best hotel in Tijuana” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 46 Hotels in Tijuana
Huntington Beach, California
“Best hotel in Tijuana”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

I have been to Tijuana several times over the last 10 years and I wish I knew about Hotel Ticuan earlier. Without a doubt, this is the best hotel in Tijuana and as someone who travels often, I consider Ticuan to be comparable to many "5 star" hotels that I have stayed at. However, the prices are very reasonable which makes the value... quite astonishing. I'll break down this review into categories which might be more helpful to other users.

Staff - This hotel has a really friendly staff. I noticed it first when I called from the US inquiring about availability. I ended up calling a few times and each time, the person who helped me on the phone was very polite and genuinely helpful; i.e. without knowing anything about me, they went above and beyond what I would expect to help. Upon arrival, there was a complication because their online system isn't tied into their real-time actual availability. The manager made sure that I ended up with the best possible outcome (which was essentially an upgrade). At the restaurant, once again, the staff was very friendly. I still haven't met anyone who works here who hasn't exceeded my expectation.

Rooms - If you have been to TJ often, you probably know that the hotels generally not the best. Ticuana is an exception. The bed, air conditioning, bathroom, etc. are very nice. After recently returning from a month of staying in 5-star hotels in Europe, the rooms in this hotel could easily be as good as any of them. It is modern and everything kind of looks new.

Location - The hotel is located right off of Revolucion (a busy street with clubs, bars, etc.). Even now, I can hear the music from a club somewhere downstairs. However, Ticuan is out of the "red zone" which is a plus. Also, the air conditioner makes it easy to drown out the noise. Generally speaking, it is a good location because you are still near the city action without being in the "red/danger zone". There is also a very large and popular club directly next door. FYI, there are also rooms available on the other side of the hotel that are supposed to be quiet but I made this trip last minute.

Price - This component is truely the Ace card for Ticuan. Even though they are on par with a 5-star accomodation, the prices here aren't. My room was around 55-58$ per night on a holiday weekend. The restaurant was relatively inexpensive for very good food (i.e. I just had a dinner that would have been $40 at any 4-5 star for $16). The value (quality/price) here is unrivaled.

I've stayed at several hotels in TJ that are considered to be good and Ticuan is on a different level from all of them, without substantially higher prices. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you don't want to hear the noise from the clubs, request a high floor and a room opposite Rev...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank rampage76

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2011

I stayed at hotel Ticuan in the past, but this stay was much longer around 10 days. I felt very comfortable and safe in the hotel, I left things out of value and felt safe. My spanish isn't great and fortunately they have a very good english speaking staff. I enjoyed the food and drinks the hotel offered, I got a bottle of wine that was amazing for around $17. I highly recommend this hotel, perhaps stay away from Revolution side on Fridays and Saturdays because of noise.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
St. George, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

The hotel is beautiful, clean, and the staff did EVERYTHING possible to ensure that our vacation was perfect (including running to the store to buy an extension cord for us). The food was absolutely out of this world. It is so nice to stay in a beautiful, safe hotel with a five star chef. I can't say enough nice things about the Ticuan. I would recommend it unhesitatingly. Telephone 01 (877) 730-8308

Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2011

This little hotel is the most incredible place we could have stayed in Tijuana. From the marble bathroom with beautiful full glass/tiled shower to the gold embroidered duvets and pillows to the quiet of the halls and other rooms, it's just phenomenal. $69 for the regular room and $115 for the master suite, both provide great value. You will not be disappointed.

2 Thank OilermanandTulip
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

We stayed in their master suite which was only $83 a night(On weekdays)
Nice clean room. Loved the jacuzzi & food.
Convenient location, it's near a 711 and an OXXO.
Close to all the little shops & small restaurants that are just around the corner. Plaza rio is also pretty close if you drive or take a cab. Employees are really helpful & polite. Would recommend to anyone! Great place to stay!

los angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

Stayed here on Sunday Aug. 7th. Check in was a breeze and when I got to my room I found a big clean room. The showers worked great and there is an in-room safe. They give you free bottles of water with your stay.

The only negative and it's not a real big one, when you check out, they make you wait until someone checks your room. Since they already have my c/c voucher, I would think unless you paid cash, you could just leave. Oh well, I guess if they do find something, at least you could resolve right then and there.

Room Tip: ask for a room not facing Revolution Ave. Those rooms will be much quieter.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank gmon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay there, we stayed in the master suite which jacuzzi tub is the highlight. Rooms looked new and well maintained. Food was great and priced well for a hotel. For the area and size of room I feel it should have been cheaper. But it definitely would have been more expensive to stay in U.S side. Would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011