“Nice newer hotel”

Ranked #4 of 46 Hotels in Tijuana
ABQ, NM
“Nice newer hotel”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

This is a newer hotel located close to Revolution Street. While our trip to TJ was just to spend the night to catch a flight the next morning, the location really didn't appeal to us. We found the hotel nice but the location a little rough. We ended up eating at the hotel for dinner and breakfast. Both were good, but not excellent and we were ok with that. We did have a few drinks in the bar and that was nice experience.

The orange chair in our room was really worn and dirty. The welting was frayed around the cushion. The rest of the room was clean as well as the bathroom.

This hotel wants to do every thing for you. We only travel with carry-on rolling luggage. The bell boy wanted to take our bags of course then they have a guy to take you to your room. We couldn't figure that out at all. When we checked out they couldn't find anyone to check our room. I guess they want to make sure you don't take anything. So we waited in the lobby for about 15 minutes and finally I asked the front desk girl if it was OK for us to leave. We had a plane to catch.

I would actually give this hotel a 3.5 star if it was possible. I feel if you want to Revolution Street then this hotel should suit you. It wasn't the best choice in location for us. Next time we'll stay in the Rio Zona area.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms that face the street because of the noise.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank shelleyjr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Oceanside, California
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I have stayed at this hotel numerus times and have never been disapointed. The hotel is close to everything you need restaurants shopping nitelife. The staff and managment go out of their way to make your stay memerable. The rooms are well appointed spacious and very clean. There is a safe in each room to store valuables I cant say enough about this great hotel.

Room Tip: book online rooms are less expensive
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank scott w
Vista, CA
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I have been staying at the Ticuán about twice a month for the past year, and have never been disappointed. The staff is marvelous, the restaurant a delight, the bar is fun and serves a good pint. And oh, the rooms! Every friend I recommend this hotel to has thanked me repeatedly for doing so. A comfortable place to stay just over the border.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms are on the Constitucion (west) side. The rooms on the east side overlook a loud dance cl...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Bishop33
Imperial Beach, California, United States
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I've stayed in alot of hotels up and down Baja, some where classics, some were just plain old,
Not @ Ticuan, Everything was up to date, and really clean. Can't say enough about the Staff, always helpful and very considerate to my needs. The Restaurant was fantastic. Great variety!! I can't wait to go again. I took a room on the South side not only because i wanted it to be quiet, i also was able to get phone service. Just another plus for this hotel. Overall experience was 100% Perfect.

Room Tip: Tell em Eric sent you !!!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Eric L
Lipan, Texas
Reviewed 25 January 2012

The room was very nice and clean, the bathroom and shower is awesome. The staff is awesome. The hotel is beautifully decorated. The food at the restaurant is awesome I had the goat cheese stuffed mushrooms (delicious) and the fajitas are better than any I have had.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank kimberlydawn7
Wofford Heights, California
Reviewed 13 January 2012

Wow!!! what a surprise from the last time i was in Tijuana. I had heard and read about this hotel but assumed it was exaggerated. It wasn't. The room was lovely and comfortable. The bathroom was beautiful and the shower perfection...plenty of hot water and shower head great. The towels were plush and soft. The service from the maids was excellent. anytime i needed anything it was brought to me. The service downstairs was terrific and the manager when i wanted to see a certain program on the big TV screens in the restaurant and bar went out of his way to find the station. He also made it clear that if i wanted anything he was available to help with it... be it a list of nice restaurants or places to buy things. I was very impressed on all levels and could recommend it to anyone. helene M

Room Tip: make sure you ask for a room with a window...lots of sun... in the corner even though it might be n...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
9 Thank helene m
Wofford Heights, California
Reviewed 13 January 2012

I can't say enough about this Hotel. The staff were all so pleasant and helpful. The room was perfectly clean and well equipped. We felt very safe and the manager, Alfonso, told me that he goes out of his way to make visitors feel at home. I was very impressed with his dedication to making our stay a happy one. We were close to good restaurants and the hotel restaurant was excellent. We will be back again soon.

Room Tip: Nice to have a window view
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business