“An American says this is really a nice hotel!”
Review of Hotel Ticuan

Hotel Ticuan
Ranked #3 of 45 Hotels in Tijuana
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I've stayed at this property on three separate occasions during the last 18 months. Each time I've been VERY satisfied. It is a premium hotel with great amenities & tremendous service. My Spanish is terrible but it's ok because their English is excellent. I've always seen many Americans & Canadians staying there. The value is excellent too. I would easily expect to pay triple to quadruple their rates if I staying were in San Diego. Other items - - - property overall & rooms especially are very clean, room TV's are great, the heat & air conditioning are excellent, and all personnel including front desk, restaurant/bar, bellhop & even parking structure personnel are superior. The security in parking is great as well. In my opinion you can't go wrong by staying here. Thanks.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank craig s
There are newer reviews for Hotel Ticuan

Reviewed 13 November 2013

If you are going to stay in the Centro, or tourist area of Tijuana, there really is no other hotel to consider, because no other is as good. The staff is outstanding. Not all speak fluent English, but there is always an English speaker available. I stayed for two nights on Veteran's day weekend, and wasn't disappointed. The hotel bar and restaurant are excellent. WiFi is available free, but sometimes is a little sketchy. I was able to get good MetroPCS cell service on the 6th floor north. Some cell phones provide service via Wifi if you can't reach your US tower.

There are lots of good reports, so I thought I'd share some other info. There is a Soriana market 1/2 block West on Constitucion, similar to any small grocery in the states. There you can also buy liquor and pharmacy items. On the Revolucion side at Las Pulgas night club, there is a Banorte ATM that has a pretty good exchange rate if you want to buy pesos. It's mostly in Spanish, with some English subtitles. Kitty corner across Rev is Sanborns, a variety store and very nice restaurant. The waitresses wear colorful traditional Mexican long dresses; all similar, all different. Menus are in Spanish or English, but only the Spanish one has prices. Caesars restaurant is excellent. Its about 4th and Rev, and truthfully IS the origin of Caesar Salad.

A few cautions are in order. The jacuzzi takes about 30 minutes to fill. My room had no comfortable seating, a couch would have been appreciated. Lighting is very dim, and electric outlets are sparse. There is no wall socket near the bed. If you use a CPAP, or have other bedside electrical needs, bring a long cord. The North side of the building is near the Las Pulgas dance club. This club is VERY noisy on Saturday night, well into the morning hours.
Tijuana sidewalks are TERRIBLE. Watch your every step ! If you are offended by such things, there are several strip clubs on Revolucion. The red light district begins about two blocks West from 2nd street. Its not a place most would want to visit by accident. Like the tourist area, it is relatively safe during daylight, but precaution should be used everywhere at night.

Don't be misled by media hype. There is danger everywhere in the world, but I feel as safe in the Tijuana tourist zone, as I do in downtown Sacramento - maybe safer. Just don't be stupid; don't be drunk in public; be respectful, and Enjoy !

Room Tip: South side rooms are much quieter, especially on Saturday night.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank BiffCanlett
Reviewed 20 October 2013

While visiting the San Diego area, my husband and I decided to venture to Tijuana for a few days. This hotel was absolutely wonderful! The staff were so courteous and helpful. I was very nervous about being in the city, but we felt extremely safe and secure here. Our room was just beautiful. Bathroom lovely with the granite. Also very spacious with great wifi service. The restaurant was absolutely fantastic. They served a tuna dish that my husband was happy to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner daily, it was that good! Have never stayed anywhere else in a hotel of this quality for the reasonable price that they ask. Would recommend it to anyone! And we fell in love with the city as well!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lynda D
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I traveled to Tijuana with a friend who was a medical tourist. I was very nervous about being in Tijuana in the first place and spending so much time alone. It turned out to be an enjoyable stay! Thanks to the hotel. It's in a safe and convienent location, and the staff went out of their way to accomadate me. The hotels restaurant Albacaha was awesome!!!! Great authentic mexican food. Cheap too! I spent alot of time in the bar area (smoking is permitted) enjoying a cocktail and reading. They have several tvs, but they were all Spanish speaking. The wifi was excellent.
Rooms were very clean and spacious, and everyone on the staff was so polite and nice!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Amy D
Reviewed 29 September 2013

By far the most comfortable hotel I stayed at in Tijuana. The WiFi worked great and is probably the fastest I have ever experienced. The rooms are really nice and the restaurant has incredible food. The staff was very friendly and responsive. The price on Friday was only $80. What a deal. Would highly recommend. Especially to people who do not have a good grasp of Spanish. The entire staff is very fluent in English. Right near all of the night clubs, restaurants, and shopping.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
7  Thank stv043
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

I went to Tijuana last week. My stay was great. The staff was very friendly and most spoke English very we'll. they continually went out of their way to help me with whatever I needed. The only issue I had was location of the electrical outlets. I needed one near the bed for a Cpap breathing machine and needed an extension cord. They located the cord for me quickly.

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank William M
TicuanLIVE, Manager at Hotel Ticuan, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Thanks for your kind review, we hope to have you back soon, don't forget to recommend us to all your friends.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Great Hotel and a great location in Tijuana Mexico.
Clean, Safe, nice and comfortable rooms, great restaurant onsite as well as a nice bar with several TVs.
I have stayed here many times in all the rooms types, and I will continue to stay here on my future trips to Tijuana.
The location is great, just around the corner from Las Pulgas.
Lot of places to eat, drink and shop in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends