Hotel Ticuan
Hotel La Mesa(Tijuana)
US$66
US$64
US$37
All reviewsmaster suitegreat hotelhalf blocktourist zoneate breakfastnice restaurantmy home away from homesouth endparking garageinside roomthe room was nicestreet noisenight lifeenglish speaking staffup to datefree breakfastbusiness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I go here when there's a little extra to spend, but it's still quit cheap compared to a comparable hotel in San Diego. Towards the far end of Revo, it's still withing walking/stumbling distance to whatever club you want to visit. Pretty good food in the grill, but better street tacos on the corner out front. Professional staff, clean and orderly, safe parking if you've got a vehicle. Get a spacious suite for a few dollars more, perhaps one with a romantic jacuzzi.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Roy F
Reviewed 31 July 2014

TJ currently is full of street construction, closed off accesses, and one-way streets. This place you can find with a map and a compass. I usually stay here because the price is cheapest of the "better" hotels, not in the middle of the foot traffic, and still close enough to walk to the tourist areas and also drive to many businesses without having to fight through the border zone. The rooms are acceptable, but even on the 7th floor "musica" can be heard all week long at night. Shower water pressure is very good, AC works and is quiet, and you do get the little amenities not always provided at other spots around town. Parking is OK and secure. Understand that this is TJ and lower your expectations, and this hotel will be satisfactory.

Room Tip: As a walk-in, invariably you will be told they only have one room left with a king-sized bed if that is your choice. Then the price goes up for you to choose a deluxe or suite room. Those rooms are big, so book on-line if that is a concern for you.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Aitch A
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I booked this hotel because of the reviews regarding food an l
and location. Well it was right food good and very affordable.
Manager very good, she took of business asap.
The hotel has a good bar and good prices good too.
Price very good, parking safe. !!

Room Tip: The building next to the Hotel " Las Pulgas" its a noise burden, but just ask the front office to give a room opposite to that building and you'll be OK
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

This place is a joke. As soon as you walk in is nice but it all goes downhill from there. Customer service is rude, basically they told me that all my concerns about the reservations should be addressed with booking.com not them. Helpful, right?
The first thing we notice is that the carpet is extremely dirty with stains, the lights are far too dim (I couldn't do my make-up), and the beds are almost below average. Then the bathroom door didn't lock and there is only one ice machine in the whole building. Later that evening, I tried ordering some food but it NEVER arrived. Fine, most hotel food is pretty bland, anyway.
Overall, I felt discriminated against because I came with a group of young people who were treated like vandals (never before I had to wait to make sure my room was okay) and even though it was thanks to booking.com I stayed there, they did not try to accommodate to according what the website says. This hotel looks (from outside) like an upscale hotel in Tijuana and they charge like an upscale hotel but the service they give is terrible. Not recommended.

Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Vianoux
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I had high expectations based on the TripAdvisor reviews I had read, so it’s unfortunate that this turned out to be one of the worst hotel experiences I’ve ever had the displeasure of dealing with. From the top:

- When I checked in to the hotel, I told the receptionist that I had already paid via Expedia. She said no you didn’t, you only made a reservation. I was pretty sure that it said “paid in full” when I reserved it and she said no, it’s not paid. I said OK and handed her my credit card. Five minutes later, she is printing out something and talking to her manager – she tell me that I actually DID pay, and that she would refund me the amount she charged on my credit card. She did give me a cancellation receipt. Fair enough, mistakes happen. They did take a photocopy of our ID’s, which I thought was weird, but maybe they have a lot of jerky people coming in and destroying rooms. OK.

- We were given our room keys and took the elevator up to the floor we were on. When the room door was opened, it was clear that our room was not clean – leftover food was everywhere, and the bed was unmade. Strangely enough the bathroom was clean (there was a little sanitation band on the toilet). I called downstairs and asked to be transferred to another room.

- We were put in another room and shortly after using the toilet, it overflowed, causing pee and poo to get all over the bathroom floor. I asked to be put in yet another room.

- We were put back in the original room which they had managed to clean this time, but they might want to wash their cleaning rags with some soap because the entire place smelled like nasty mildew. At this point I was too tired to call and ask for yet another room change so I just dealt with it.

- There were weird flashing lights that flashed in about five second intervals all throughout the night. That was a fun treat to try and sleep with.

- When I woke up in the morning and tried to take a shower, I was greeted with the discovery that there was NO HOT WATER. I guess they ran out??

- When I tried to bring my concerns up with the hotel manager, she was polite enough but told me there was nothing she could do. Fair enough, maybe they don’t give her the power to process refunds. But what a lousy place to stay.

Bottom line, if you’re going to present yourself as a 4-star hotel, you should probably have things like working plumbing and hot water to back those claims up. Total waste of money and completely ruined our trip.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple