“Nice place, good food, didn't like the "brick", enjoyed the Rib eye and NY Steak”
Review of Restaurante la Lena - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Restaurante la Lena
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I am working in Tijuana this week and went to a few restaurants. This restaurant is located next to the TJ country club. We had a tables next to the windows facing the golf course The view was very relaxing. Eight of us went there for business lunch. I personally like the rib eye (220 Peso) which is a lot better than the Brick. We expect the brick to be thick and large for 300 Peso, but it turns out to be 3/8" thick and not that big. Not a good deal. The best deal is probably the NY Steak for 160 Peso, which is about 1" thick. You can watch the cooking by the chef

Your lunch or dinner also includes a small house salad or soup (vegetable) and free appetizers - machaca. ..

Reviewed 2 February 2013

A group of 5 went last evening and there was no wait, everything was excellent-the food and service! Only one downfall some drunk guy that claims to be a Pakistanian living in TJ totally bogarted our dinner and started whining and crying about his childhood, pretty pathetic! It seemed like a set up to see what info he could get out of 5 woman having dinner there. The staff was emabarassed and didn't know what to do. He started crying, using foul language and it really just ruined the rest of our dinner. My advice go, the food is excellent just when someone that is other than the waiter asks how the food is, just say good and don't encourage.

1  Thank rnstacey76
Reviewed 22 June 2012

After Golf @ Compestre, a guy in our foursome suggested this place, We drove on over, not much parking but the barker out front moved a few cars around and was very accommodating. i don't think we would of stayed if he had not done this, it being our first time.
Once inside we were served spicy Machaca w/ chips and green or red sauce. This appetizer alone was magnificent. the machaca was over the top. We all had New York Steaks that were very good, It had great service and nice views of the Golf Course I've heard about this place being the best Steak House in Tijuana. It was very good but i will have to go back again to give it that acknowledgment. The next time i go i will have a order of guacamole with the appetizer just to enhance that part of the meal. No Coronas which made me sad, but you can't have everything. Enjoyed it !!!!!!!

Reviewed 29 April 2012

I haven't been there in a while but they have excellent food and the best grilled steaks and chops anywhere! I started going there about 20 or so years ago when the Los Angeles Times did a story about "La Lena" and how they grilled steaks right over mesquite wood. After my first visit, I made it a point to eat there every time I was in Tijuana! Their food is excellent and their steaks are second to none!

Reviewed 5 April 2012

This restaurant is located next to the TJ country club. The tables next to the windows facing the golf course are the best---I find the view very relaxing. This is an informal steakhouse with a good variety of cuts. I personally like the rib eye and arrachera the best. Your lunch or dinner also includes a small house salad and free appetizers - usually machaca or menudo pieces plus tortillas and salsa.....excellent with a tall icy beer. The decor is very average (nothing fancy) and the service is always good. The average price of a full dinner for two with drinks or beers is about 35-45 including tip. No reservations needed.