“very nice staff”

Ranked #33 of 631 Restaurants in Tijuana
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Neapolitan brick oven pizza. More than 40 different pizzas from the classic margherita to the original "spicy shrimp", fresh salads, authentic pastas, grilled fish and meat, delicious sandwiches, full bar and extensive wine list. Great place to hang out. Open every day from 1pm to 12am. Smoking and non-smoking areas, parking, valet parking, accept all major credit cards, baby changing station, wifi, and more!
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Everyone that works here is super chill. The food is super cheap and of pretty good quality. I only go here for the pizzas and salads because a lot of other things served here, i.e. tuna, I think are better purchased at a lot of other restaurants. Best pizza place in the area... I think Ollie's way down south is better pizza tho way worse selection, but that is a huge drive from here.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

Nice place, good service, and tasty food. I liked this place very much. I give it 9 out of 10. I will go out of my way to eat there again. Prices are very decent good.

Reviewed 21 September 2012

Hornero is a good restaurant, it has grown from a little space in a crapy plaza to a decent size restaurant. the ambient is very nice, all candles and the oven fire at the end. Pizza is good, and pretty much all in their menu. Pasta not that good that time I order it.

Of course is pretty crowded specially at nite, is a regular hang out for couples in Tijuana, therefore the service can get rude.

First time I went, I order a pizza from home and they just hang up at me, the second time I call they say they did not deliver and hung up again. I went everthere to give them a piece of my mind and I found a nice crowded restaurant with great service from the captains, the waiters are to busy. stay there and have a great meal go there twice a month since then. wine have decent prices to.

cheers

1  Thank Salvador S
Reviewed 23 March 2012

A place to have a great pizza, a not-so-great drink (the martinis are weak and the wine list is limited) for a rather high price. Nice decor, great place to people watch (and be seen). We go there from time to time, but resist the temptation to spend $100 on pizza, salad and a bottle of wine...

dgtoro, Owner at Restaurante Hornero, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2012

Thank you Blaueskaefer75 for your review. We take all reviews and comments seriously and strive to improve every day.
In regards to your comment on our martinis, we will work on that. But please, if something does not satisfy you, let us know when we serve it to you, not after you leave. If a drink is weak, let us know and we will change it right away. Don't walk out the door with that impression, and post a bad review.
In regards to your comment on our wine list, we try to have as many wines from the region and some imports. Let us know which one you like and we might be able to have it for you.
In regards to your comment on the price... you said you spent $100 US dollars on a pizza, a salad and a bottle of wine. Our most expensive pizza is $10, our most expensive salad is $9, our wine list ranges from $19 to $90. If we add up, you spent $19 on a pizza and a salad (if you ordered the most expensive dishes). Maybe you chose a premium wine...
Did the waiter show you the wine list? We are considered to have one of the most extensive wine lists in Tijuana, and the best prices.
Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 25 February 2012

there really isn't anything special here. but if you have no where else to go (doubtful) it's okay.. especially if you are meeting some friends next door at cafe del mundo.. but just want a quick snack in a quite place. their mexican pizza is okay.

2  Thank anativitatemL