“Great dinner experience”

Sabor a Mi
Ranked #38 of 577 Restaurants in Tijuana
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Grill, Contemporary
Good for: Groups, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
High Desert, CA
“Great dinner experience”
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

Determined to try new restaurants in TJ we walked from Lucerna to the restaurant. Large, modern and clean. The only upscale restaurant I've visited with a playland for the kids!! I think it was even supervised by the restaurant. The menu featured a braod selection of standard Mexican food favorites. The preparation was excellent. Superior sauces and salsas. Oridinary items with a fine dining flare. Excellent service from a knowledgeable waiter. Well be back soon!!

• Visited July 2013

Louisville, Kentucky
“Exceptional Food, Exceptional Service”
Reviewed 13 March 2013

What a wonderful find in Tijuana, a friend of mine who is from Tijuana told me that his mother had highly recommended this place. So we decided to give it a try this past week. We ate here Friday evening and the following Tuesday evening. Everything we had here was absolutely delicious. The grilled octopus served over rice cooked in the ink is not to be missed. On our first visit we had the menu meal for two which had a little of everything, and on our second visit we allowed Hector the manager to select our meal and he did a beautiful job. I will return here often. Also I have to rave about the corn ice cream, it was out of this world good!!!

• Visited March 2013
Chula Vista, California
“food poisining,”
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I had filete and shrimp at this restaurant. two hours later I had to stop at a bathroom. I had a terrible night I throw up all night and on sunday. I call the restaurant to let know about their food. I was unable to to talk to the manager.
I hope this will not happen to some else, this is terrible

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank josesalas563
Tijuana, Mexico
“With a few exceptions, menu is run-of-the-mill”
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Disappointed to find out that after just seven months in operation the really interesting items on the menu some reviewers were able to enjoy (grasshoppers, ant eggs, huitlacoche, etc.) have been removed from the menu for lack of interest. Apparently they weren't selling! What remains is pretty much what's available just about anywhere else. However, there are some exceptions worth noting. The table-side fresh salsa preparation is one. Waiter rolls up a table with a wide selection of ingredients and fresh salsa is prepared to your taste...a variety of chilies and other ingredients so you can choose the level of heat, spice, etc. The Chicharrones en Salsa Verde were outstanding both for the taste of the green chili sauce and the texture of the chicharrones. They obviously don't have them simmering away in a pot somewhere so when they are served they still have some crunch. The Enmoladas en Tortilla de Platano were tasty and the texture of the plantaint tortillas held up to the cooking process and the mole sauce. The fresh Guacamole (not the one that comes as a side on prepared dishes but the one prepared as a separate menu item) is outstanding. The Guacamole itself does not have onions in it which is a major plus, the amount of lemon juice is just right and the guac is topped with crisp chicharrones and panela cheese squares. The Tortilla Soup is good but not as good as Caesar's. The Aguas Frescas (we tasted cucumber and barley) were outstanding. Service is attentive both inside and outside (very similar to sister restaurant's Villa Marina). They have their own parking lot. Prices are reasonable and portion sizes are civilized.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Michael B
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“AVERAGE FOOD”
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Nothing about this place impressed me. The food was OK, the service was OK, the atmosphere tries to be hip with an old Mexican movies' theme and photos of the most famous Mexican movie stars

Visited June 2012