“Very,very clean I like it”

Hotel Real del Rio Tijuana
Ranked #10 of 45 Hotels in Tijuana
Reviewed 14 August 2011

You don't find hotels with this prices and so well maintained the staff very nice and helpful,if you ever stay here you won't be disappointed

• Stayed: August 2011
There are newer reviews for Hotel Real del Rio Tijuana

Reviewed 5 August 2011

The staffs are very friendly even though I don't speak Spanish. The room is clean and updated with flat screen TV and free wifi. Very close to Plaza Rio and many restaurants. The bathroom is clean too. The only negative thing I can think of is there's no coffee maker and limited cable channels!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Our booking was switched at the last minute from the Medina Grand to this hotel, so we were already dissapointed to staying here. On arrival we asked for an ironing board as this basic necessity was not provided in the rooms. We spoke to the reception desk 3 times with 60 minutes and still it didnt arrive and we already left for our meeting.

On our return at 4pm the 'club/bar' off the foyer was playing incredibly loud music, and we realized that we were staying directly above it. We had hoped to have an afternoon nap after a lot of travelling but it we could feel the bass vibrations through our pillows. The same was true until about 2am, which proved for a very difficult sleep.

I had hoped there would be somekind of nice outdoor area but it was just a space terrace with astroturf with no character so we ended up just staying in our rooms.

The location is handy, but if you get a choice choose somewhere else

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank AndyHopz
Reviewed 23 June 2011

I was warned about the safety in Tijuana before my trip. This is definitely not the case in Zona Rio, at least not in the Hotel Real del Rio. The only unsafe possibility may come from the United States consulate on its back, which might attract some terrorists (just kidding :p)

OK, now back to the topic. This hotel is comparable to any four-star hotel in the US, with a much cheaper price (what i got from expedia is $70 per night). It's within walking distance to some nice restaurants and bars, as well as a nice shopping mall called Plaza Rio in 10 minutes. The room have a small LCD which makes weird sound when it's switched on or off. The bed is huge and comfortable. The bathroom is pretty small but adequate for me. There are two reasons that I gave 4 star instead of 5. The first one is because the smell coming out from the air conditioner, the other is that my room is too close to the elevator, some I can heard the beep sound all night long.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 June 2011

I stayed a this hotel for a few days in June 2011. The hotel is conveniently located in the financial district of the city, walking distance to good restaurant, a shopping center and the cultural center. At first, I was very impresses with the hotel and quality of the service for the reasonable rate that I paid. However, on my last day of my stay, I got very disappointed. I rarely complain as a shy nice girl but on that I had to complain to different managers. First, while gone in the morning, the maid took away all the towels leaving me with a hand towel. It took me a call, two trips to the front to get a towel. Not to mention that I was running late for my appointment at the us consulate. I did not really expect much but at least a sorry from the front desk manager but he rather just gave me the bad look. Later that day, I ordered a salad from room service that I had to take back as it was inedible swimming nasty dressing. I could not believe it as I had fantastic food from the same restaurant two days in row. Overall the hotel was fine. I guess you can find hotel with more consistent service in the same area. After all, do not expect a whole lot as it still tijuana. Sadly, I witnessed with my ears gunfires on one night at 9 pm down the street from the hotel. Be careful!

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 18 April 2011

WE spent five days at the Real del Rio while having dental work done.
Our room was spacious and quiet, the beds were great, nice big flat screen t.v. and most importantly for us, windows that you could open and close easily.
They are a little skimpy with the towels for some reason....just three towels in all for the two of us (2 bath, 1 hand, no washcloths) so I had to ask for another hand towel. Also there was only one glass in the room which seemed odd as it was definitely a room for two or more people. No coffee maker was a deficit too. This forced you to go down into the restaurant and the coffee there was very poor quality, no more than tinted water!
I highly recommend an in room coffee maker for this caliber of hotel.
Staff was very friendly and helpful, free computer to use in the lobby.
We liked the location, it was safe to walk to the many wonderful restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 January 2011

This property was recommended by one of my business clients. Centrally located for business and entertaining. Rooms are spacious for solo or two, very clean, zero noise level, I was on the 4th level of a 5 level property.
Only objection bathroom is somewhat small compared to other international standards.
Front desk and other staff very customer friendly.
Rate is very attractive at this time ($798p) or approximately $$65 dllrs, when compared to other properties in the "Zona Rio".

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business