“very clean room, loved it!”
Review of Aqua Rio Hotel

Aqua Rio Hotel
Ranked #17 of 45 Hotels in Tijuana
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I liked the granite floors, countertops, and showers. The hotel security guard brings peace of mind at night. There is an alley walkway to Ave Revolution between room 110 and 111 which i was told about the first night. Use it, fast way to get on revolution avenue. I paid $405 pesos for a 1 bed room. Excelent price!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jay M

Reviewed 17 September 2013

I travel frequently from Colima, Mexico to San Diego, but the flights to Tijuana are much more convenient, very frequent and usually cheaper. I decided to try this hotel in Tijuana based on other tripadvisor reviews and I was not disappointed. It is well located, very clean and the staff is amazingly helpful. Very secure as well, for those who fear that Mexico is the wild, wild west. I crossed the border daily, sometimes more than once, for shopping in Fashion Valley and other locales. It was a snap, with my Sentri card. The hotel has a restaurant/bar, but I didn't go there, so I can't rate it. Overall, I had a good experience and would do it again.

Room Tip: Although I checked "average" for the rooms, mine was quite nice with granite everywhere an...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Rick R
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I ve stayed at many hotels in centro, and this is off the huricane of noise path. It is nice and quiet if you get on the 2 or 3 floor. The price is about 200 pesos less than same level hotels in centro. Its nice and clean also, with free wifi. Cool Spot!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dave L
Reviewed 6 September 2013

The hotel is very clean, I liked the fact that it had english channels, and free wifi in the room. The guard was there all night watching over the hotel. Its only a few blocks from my doctor, and walking distance to restaurants and bars. Worth the stay!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I traveled to TJ for the first time and Aqua Rio made it a very enjoyable experience. The front desk is VERY accommodating, the beds were comfortable, the shower was very spacious. The gentleman at the front desk spoke English and made us feel welcome. I will be staying here again if I can find time to take another vacation!! Highly recommend. - FP in Maryland

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank FK P
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Very nice rooms with granite everywhere. Very helpful front desk staff, that told us a lot of advice for our stay and what to do and not to do. In the center of TJ. Beds are pretty comfortable. Showers have aa lot of water pressure. Always take yellow cabs in TJ.

• Stayed: August 2013
6  Thank Andy M
Reviewed 20 July 2013

When I visited my doctor, I was recommended this hotel. As I arrived I really liked the cleanliness of the hotel. It was well maintained, a bit hidden from the street, but worth finding. I enjoyed my stay here, the room is simple, but nicely suited room for the price.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo