“Amazing Perfect Tour of TJ”
Review of Turista Libre

Turista Libre
Reviewed 15 February 2014

My husband and I just got back from a week in San Diego and our best day out of this trip was booking Turista Libre/Derrik Chinn for a 6 hour tour through TJ. I was nervous about taking a tour through TJ and within seconds of meeting Derrik all fears were gone. We customize our own tour with Derrik on what we want to see and what he recommend to do for the day. Derrik was so nice and knowledgeable, answer all of my many questions. Hanging out with him felt like we were apart of the Mexican life style not a tourist. I can't say enough awesome things about touring with Derrik...bottom line if you want a safe, fun, knowledgeable, tour of Tijuana he's your man. I will definitely be back for another tour. Thanks again Derrik:)!

1  Thank Jennifer S

Reviewed 7 February 2014

our company decided to do our Holiday/Gratitude Celebration in Tijuana, Mexico this year. My charging order was to figure out how to get 20 people into Tijuana, have an amazing time and get them back safety. The answer: Turista Libre/Derrik Chinn.
Simply an Awesome experience. all of us had the best time. Derrik is an amazing hosts/guide, transportation was on point, all the points of interest were worth visiting. we saw great architecture, street art, culinary school, drank craft beer, ate amazing food and then finished the night off with the Lucha Libre (Mexican wrestlers).
If you are considering a day trip or extended excursion to Tijuana go thru Derrik and Turista Libre. You won't be disappointed. all Happiness. so many great things to see down there.

2  Thank ModernTraveler10
Reviewed 21 January 2014

My husband declared it a "most perfect day!" We took our love of Tijuana and Mexico to a new level by hiring Derrik and Tourita Libre to take us on a taco tour of Tijuana. Everything was wonderful from the guide himself (Derrik, you rock!) to the bus, drivers, locations and food. It was a birthday celebration that was about fun, food and friends, and we could not have been happier.

1  Thank Maria T
Reviewed 2 November 2013

On a 5 day trip to San Diego, we thought we'd like to get in a visit to Tijuana but figured that, while doing it ourselves might be an adventure, it would be nice to have someone show us around. With a population of over one million, Tijuana is not a small city. A little googling lead us to Turista Libre. We opted for a 4 hour private tour of Tijuana. We travelled down from San Diego by way of the Red Trolley (about 45 minutes). Trolley was a good way to go. No traffic or parking hassles. Derrik met us outside the MacDonalds across from the San Ysidro trolley stop. When people say you can't miss it (MacDonalds), they're not kidding. Derrik was a knowledgeable, engaging and accommodating host. He really knows his way around Tijuana. Seeing the border fence trail off into the ocean, at sunset, and walking the boardwalk there, was quite moving. His choice for seafood dinner at Mariscos El Mazateño was excellent. We'll be back to do a group tour. Thanks again Derrik!

1  Thank bubba4783
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Derrik designed a custom tour for my husband and I. He listened to what we were interested in, and what we weren't up for. He proposed places and experiences and made our trip fabulous. This was the best money we spent all week.